Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

100% raw for 30 days...whose in with me???

123457»

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Very impressive accomplishments Tamar! I was going to run a couple 5K’s this fall but I injured my knee. I love running.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

What a great story Tamar, very inspiring! You’re way ahead of me with the exercise, I’m working on walking my dog every day!

Finished jury duty today and it turned out to be such a positive uplifting experience after I had been so torn up over the verdict yesterday, we were hung when we left. But we all slept on it and came back fresh and now all is well. They had their pizza lunch yesterday and I had raw carrot cake without the frosting, undehydrated. Nobody paid any attention to me, or if they did nobody said anything. This morning while they all ate Dunkin Donuts munchkins I ate a banana and I was waiting for someone to tease me but nobody did.

I’ve cut my fat way back the last couple of days to see what happens, because it’s the one thing I’ve never tried doing and I have to say, so far so good except I don’t have a clue how to eat, starting all over AGAIN! I was the queen of fats – some cashew cream with this, some sunflower cheese with that, everything else dipped in olive oil. I don’t miss it yet but it’s going to make the food preparation for the family even trickier since they like the fattier raw meals – creamy dressings and cheeses.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

welcome tama. i am so happy for you! half-marathon, awesome. i hope i am there someday. i am hooked on running since i started a month or so ago.

amysue i am so glad no one teased you.i have always been the crazy one not eating what the crowd does. most of the time people just feel bad that they couldn’t have provided something I could have eaten. at this point though i don’t expect them to, i am just grateful if there is a fruit plate or something.

yup lowering fat is hard for folks who are not all raw or transitioning. i still consider myself “transitioning” until i have been raw for 6 months to a year. i honestly think i have to just let myself eat whatever i want that’s raw up to that point. but what i do to not eat too many nuts (I feel very full and bloated if i do too many), is load up on bananas. we also use coconut oil/butter, which david wolfe claims is the healthiest fat. I use more herbs and vinegar for the strong flavors. it seems like it is more of a texture thing for you. you’ll have to get used to the textures being a little crunchier at times.

i am at my family’s and my dad is getting kinda into my raw stuff. he read up on raw and thinks it would be good for him. he eats pretty high raw anyhow and vegetarian. he wants me to make all the family meals raw.

• I am back! I was traveling but like amysue i prepared all my raw -to tak with me and not temptation! I had fresh fruits and vegetables including a salad ! also brought my sprouts, as i had at home growing 3 that was already ready for next day! The sprout give lots of energy and this motivate my husband to at least like bitt’s dad – try! Our kids are not with us, so this are big advantage but when they come lots of cook foods around even if they dont eat junk but still eat dairy! i just bought a excalibur dehydrator by the incentives from my hustband! wish he really take decision and for both of us it will gonna be fantastic as he is the cook in the family! i love his salads! i wish wonderful week for all of you!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

hey, do we want to keep this going or start a new thread???

• Hi Tamar,

Did you get the invite I sent to your email for Raw Fu? My apologies I didn’t check this thread for a week or so.

Hey bitt! How was NH? We can start a new one. Might be good to have just a 100% thread without the 30 days for those who are working at it.

Tamar – so glad the traveling went well. We’re heading to Patagonia, Argentina in a few weeks, meat capitol of the world! I’ll probably have to have a suitcase of raw.

Okay, Day 1 of my six (hopefully) day water fast. I’m feeling good so far

Wow troubles! Good luck!!

• I have been 100% raw for two days now. Previously I was about 75-80%. I can say I definately feel a difference. My skin is totally clear, I have so much energy, I’ve never felt so confident, and forgive me, but I feel so incredibly SEXY! (If only I had a man/woman to share my sexiness with, but today, I was so flirty with the guy that works on the floor below me at work). Wow, if this is only day two, I cant imagine what day ten could be like. This has inspired me to try a 100% raw diet for 30 days. I know it’ll be tough seeing that I dont have much support, but with the way I am feeling now, I know it’ll be worth it. I never knew just making that small change from 80 to 100 would make such a difference.

• steviostevio Raw Newbie

you may feel sexy, but to be honest, in your picture, you look like a pig.

I am on day 2 of 100% raw on a 100% green smoothie quest for the next 30 days. If nothing else you will definitely find some support here!

• shansraw, only after you advise me I went to check and yes! it was there, i am now already a member !! Thanks!

• amysue! how wonderful you are going to Patagonia! yes, meat and dairy are very special in Argentina! but also is the land of delicious fruits and veggie! so you dont need to think that you are gonna get lost! i hope you speak spanish so that you can ask and find raw places! or even i guess you can find supermarket! keep me post and if you need anything, let me know!

AzulBlue – very exciting! So good to hear. I’m sure your pheromones have been unleashed so it shouldn’t take long!

stevio – does that mean nothing but green smoothies?

Tamar – thank you!! I do not speak Spanish but we’re traveling with a friend who speaks fluent Spanish and knows the area well. We’ll have a little time in Buenos Aires and then we’ll be at Peninsula Valdes with the right whales and all the other cool creatures of Patagonia. We also might do a side trip, my husband is interested in some huge waterfall that he says dwarfs Niagara Falls. My daughter and I are reading up on the history, the pampas, the gauchos, all that good stuff. My husband and his friend have been there many times to work with the whales, but not with a raw gal so it will be an adventure!

• I am almost 100%. I got my raw oats in the mail finally and made a batch of granola. Breakfast has been the reason I did not go 100%. I need to make my own almond milk also (I just remembered!). Otherwise I have been eating all raw. Oh, except I made peanut butter and chocolate cups. I could not find any raw peanuts so I used my daughters organic brand. Only half left. I have been able to get my kids to eat most of the dessert items I have made. I have not craved cooked for at all. When I go to Whole Foods everything smells so good that I get hungry and see something I used to buy and want to get it for a second. But the moment passes and I make something good at home. I had my first green juice (well it was brown) today. I had to buy a new blender because mine died last night. I am getting ready to make a strawberry ice cream cake for a party we are having Sunday.

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

I am back everyone!!!!! Read my other post about “learning my lesson”. I hope you’ll forgive me my cooked transgressions ;)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

how about 30 more days?? who’s into it?

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I’m still going to eat agave & MAYBE a few nuts that probably aren’t “truly raw” – but I’ll commit to 30 days with those being the only exceptions. No Manna bread, or meat, or raw cheese – I have been craving grass-fed beef and raw cheese off and on for the last month. :( So if you’ll take me with those conditions, I’m in!

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

bitt I am in!!!!!!

• I have raw agave syrup. Is this really not raw?

I did not manage a 100% day. I really meant to but my granola ended up bad so I had regualar granola. I need to make another batch of granola which will not happen until Monday. (sigh)

Raw agave syrup is actually processed in a way that it doesn’t heat up much but the molecules are actually altered by pressure so technically that defeats the purpose of raw(to keep it in it’s natural form). So you’re staying raw with it but it’s kind of an iffy product.

• hello!!!dear 100% raw for 30 days! i fail but i was travelling – one week perfect, other halph halph, anyway my decision is ON! i am back – i am on 10 days with you! Amysue, probably your husband is talking about Cataratas do Iguazu! Amazing! it is at three borders: Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay! I lived at this city, the nearest one for 9 years and you are gonna love it! Get prepare with tennis shoes and digital camera! Everywhere is amazing! Native wild animals, lots of butterflies and water – rainbow! you really will gonna enjoy! keep me post or you can write to me at marcia@tardin.net! i wish you the best! last time i was there was on January that i took my husband to see one of the wonderful marvelous of the world! He was surprised! Namaste ! i am happy to be back!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i am almost 5 months raw!!!!! i have some progression pics on my blog:

http://bittsblog.blogspot.com/