Desperately trying not to give in...

I’ve been probably about 90 percent raw for close to a month now (after what most would consider a pretty healthy diet of primarily veggies – raw and cooked). At first I was feeling pretty good. not great, but good. Now, the past week I’ve been constantly lightheaded and dizzy and get close to blacking out when I stand up. I’ve tried increasing my sugar, decreasing my sugar, increasing my fats, decreasing my fats, increasing my salt, decreasing my salt. No change! The whole reason I’ve gone this route is because I struggled for years with headaches, fatigue and brain fog. Good news is the headaches are pretty much gone and the fatigue is better, but the fuzzy, lightheaded feeling is making me crazy! I even made an appt with a neurologist for tomorrow because I’m so frustrated!! I’m worried that I’ve actually lost too much weight (i weight about 104, 5’3”) and that I need to go back to eating poultry, fish, etc.

Is this just detox? Or could I be lacking nutrients, minerals, etc.?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

lizzyrose-you are in the best part—welcome the detox. A healing body needs to conserve. rest more, drink more water. Put off your workouts for a little while. Embrace this! Stay the course. We’ve all been there in detox’s varied faces. What I do know is you will likely detox in your weakest area—for me it was rashes and out they came from everywhere! Not long ago—an asthmatic smoker member posted about detoxing through her lungs. For you, i bet the fatigue and brain fog will increase and then clear as quickly as it came. You are getting all and that much MORE minerals and nutrients from your raw foods. As far as weight goes, we lose then we re-build. At least that’s how it went for me (can’t speak for all and that’s why the posts are so great) I am your height and very athletic build. I went from 125# to 112# in less than 2 weeks, but then the body began to gain to a place that is quite normal for my build. You can speed the elimination process with saunas, exercise if you have the energy and colonics or a good natural colon cleanse product—I like psyllium for this. All of us here have detoxed differently, but it sounds like you are in the thick of it. Enjoy. To me—in a crazy way I embrace the detox. I sort of adopt this, “Well. It will never again be worse than today.” attitude. And it never is.

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

It actually sounds like orthostatic hypotension. Which is basically low blood pressure, or a sluggish circulatory system. Feeling dizzy upon standing up is a tell tale sign. The blood pools in the lower half of your body when your sitting, and then when you stand up you feel light headed, dizzy, things go black, you’re worried you’re going to faint, so you sit back down.

I’ve had it before…but I have blood pressure on the low side, always. I’m not exactly sure what caused it with me, it could have been losing weight too quickly or something. Sodium does raise your blood pressure….maybe you’re dehydrated….dead carcasses surely can’t be the answer….wikipedia says that it could be a nutritional deficiency….it also said to avoid heat like showers etc….and we are in the dog days of summer so that might be it right there.

Or I guess it could be detox….

I would try adding some more salt back in, and drink extra.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Emotionally, dizziness/lightheadedness can be related to feeling overwhelmed.

• I was having this dizzy/blackout when I stand up feeling for a bit a few weeks ago, and I have only been raw about 2 months. I have always had low blood pressure, and had this same thing before I was raw on and off but not to the same extent. It seems to have gone away. I am trying to drink LOTS of water… That seems to be helping me. I figured it was a detox symptom