Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fruitarian Bloodwork Analysis

First off let me say that I am NOT posting this with any intention of starting a war, nor do I think there is only one right way to eat raw vegan for everyone. I simply thought some might find the information interesting or possibly useful in some manner. :)

Dr. Joseph from John Hopskins and Dr. Brian Clement from Hippocrates Institiute (a raw vegan health institiute that has cured many people of cancer and other major medical issues) do an extensive blood analysis on a fruitarian and his bloodwork shows him to be deficient in Iron, and Vitamins A and D,which is surprising since fruits are high in vitamin A and the person lives in Florida so should be getting ample vitamin D from the sun. It appears the all fuit diet does not supply the right combination of minerals and such for the proper cellular absorbption of certain vitamins and minerals. This is only a test done on ONE individual, not on a number of people in this particular case, so take this short video as you wish. :)

http://www.aliveraw.com/Q_A/Fruit_Challenge_Res…

Me? I’m not fuitarian, but I’m still gonna eat (and love) my fruit! Just gonna make sure I have lots of greens, too. :)

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

This is bizarre. These doctors know you can’t draw broad assumptions based on the lifestyle of a single patient. When I listen to them, it sounds like they have already decided, perhaps correctly, that a fruitarian diet is unhealthy if not dangerous. Maybe they are just trying to get their idea out and perhaps hoping they can test a larger population and perform a real study. The other thing that seems strange is their repeated references to eating unripened fruit, as if that may be the underlying culprit. As for the vitamin D, this patient might be agoraphobic for all we know.

• I’m sure if these Doctors tested my blood when I was in high school following the SAD diet, I would have been deficient in everything! I lived off cheeseburgers, fries, pastries, pizza and I rarely ate fruits or vegetables!

• I agree with Meditating – sounds like the doctors are trying to be recognized for something…whether it’s valid or not. Not really worth listening to IMHO.

I believe that everyone has individual requirements and that we need to pay attention to our bodies. Perhaps a fruitarian diet will work for you but not me. I love that we share ideas, information, challenges and successes but I don’t necessarily believe that we are all working towards exactly the same goal. Raw, yes, obviously – but I’m sure that my raw lifestyle will be different from anyone elses – because it needs to be.

Peace :)

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I think it could be interesting to make much more analysis to 100% raw fodies following diferent types of raw diets, for example: fruitarians, those who follow hippocrates, those who follow their body, those who follow Gabriel Cousens etc. I mean, make analysis to much more people and include a report of their eating (raw) habits, and then see if there is any interesting conclusion or not.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Well, just let me say this:

If you eat 20 bananas that will make your blood sugars spike and even if fruitarians think that you can’t eat too much fruit, well, actually you can. I am fruitarian basically, except I add in superfoods, bee pollen and honey, probiotic green foods, and a couple other tidbits but I don’t eat any indigestible nuts, seeds, or grains.

I don’t overeat the fruit, but I do eat a lot of fruit, which is different.

Just wanna mention one more thing.

Fruit lacks salt, fats (except acai and papayas and a few others), and certain vitamins such as B. However there are some exotic fruits rich in B vitamins. The biggest issue is the lack of enough protein, at least for kids. I eat a little bit of brewers yeast every day to get the protein.

• Meditating- From what I understand (I know people who have attended Hippocrates and I have also attended a 2 day seminar by Dr. Clement), Dr. Clement does not recommend eating very much (if any- depending on the person’s medical issues) fruit because of the way it has been hybridized so much over the past centuries or more to be so sweet (high in sugar content) which feeds candida and encourages, or feeds, or just creates an imbalance somehow from my understanding, of many cancer cells and other medical maladies. He keeps mentioning “unripened fruit” because that is how it is picked (very green) in order to allow it to ship better and be somwhat ripe looking when it arrives at our stores . In his lectures he has said that if you were to be abble to get your own fruit and only pick it and eat it once it had ripened completely on the tree, vine, etc, then that would be much much better for us to eat our fruit. He says that people with cancer should avoid all fruit for at least 3 years and can then start slolwy reintroducing some into their diet. And of course he recommends much more like eating all raw foods, wheatgrass juice, and tons of sprouts , along with positive mental attitude, exercise, and other things I’m sure I do not even remember for cancer patients along with all of us to be at our healthiest peak.

I hope that helped clarify some. I do not claim to know everything Hippocrates stands for, I am just going off what I remember him saying earlier this Spring at his lecture. And althhough I do not have any evidence to back it up (can possibly be found at www.HippocratesHealthInst.com website archive articles though), the way he talked is that Hippocrates has done numerous (possibly thousands I would venture to guess since they do bloodwork analysis before and after on all of their guests who attend Hippocrates) analyses on people and he talks in the video like this one individual fruitarian test is one of only many fruitarians results he has seen. I do know a couple of people who have attended Hippocrates and they do seem to have the ultimate state-of-the-art medical equipment and procedures there. But they ought to for the price it costs! ;)

So I think you’re right that this was just a little segment used in order to promote serious consideration of people to look at the full possible health effects of eating strictly fruitarian.

I tried eating sprouts recently only to be constipated for 3 days. I don’t think they are for me. I eat alot of microgreens, but not leafy greens because those are too bulky for me.

As I mentioned before, eating all fruit does lack salt. My mother converted one of her patients to an all fruit diet and had a low sodium on her blood tests, because of the lack of salt. I recommend making some fruit based desserts with a bit of sea salt, or adding a little to a smoothie.

wow! we’re all differents!! I love sprouts, didn’t know that they could produce constipation since they work well for me. In the other hand, i’m not a fruit fan, i love berries for example, but i can’t go with melon. In general i prefer not very ripe fruit, i eat bananas a little underipe for example.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

A guy I know was in one of Hippocrates Institute’s magazines as one of the recovery stories. His name is Wayne Silva, and he used to weigh over 400 pounds before going raw. He is a good friend of my father in laws. Neat guy. Anyway, going raw cured his diabetes and a lot of other problems.

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

Ugggh. This stuff is going to ruin my healthy placebo effect! I don’t want to be dragged into the whole bloodwork/vitamin part of raw foodism – but maybe I need to. I basically eat 80/10/10 – not because I follow 80/10/10 but just because I love fruit and don’t eat that many nuts (though I get cravings). I also realize that when I eat a lot of greens and nuts, I move my bowels less often (if I don’t get straight up constipated) and that causes my face to break out some – no matter what I do.

I guess I just have to listen to my body and not let this stuff cloud me. Karmyn makes a good point – I wonder how deficient these SAD people are if I am deficient! Let’s keep it all in perspective. Someone find some detailed blood work of the average American eater with a 6.0 urine pH – at least we aren’t like that.

Also – aren’t thse “normal” amounts of these vitamins determined by the normal SAD eater? How do we know fruitarians have a deficiency? Maybe we are just SUPPOSED to have less. If you don’t feel any negative effects, what is the problem? I don’t think human beings even understand yet what “normal” is – so I don’t buy it.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

I honestly wouldn’t rule this out as conspiracy or something, its very important to pay attention to deficiencies.

• I think there is a lot of fear of fruit in the world and that this article is going to do more harm than good. I also want to say that I agree a lot with thecavsman, This article is based on the level of vitamins that is considered normal for a SAD eater, so the deficiencies are not necessarily true deficiencies. As for those deficiencies, I think most of them could be rectified by eating an 811rv diet, because that’s rich in greens and celery as well as many different types of fruit. That would address the iron issue, the protein issue, the vitamin a issue, and the essential salts. As for vitamin D, most people need to be fully exposed(or close to it, like a bikini or trunks) to the sun for about 30 minutes each day to generate enough vitamin D.

As for sugar rushing on sweet fruits, like bananas, lowering the fat in your diet will prevent the rush. Fruit is a healthy food!

• lol- Good points Cavsman and all. Oh I’m not trying to say fruitarian or high fruit diets do not work wonderfully for some people. I love me my fruit! :) My only reason for posting this was because I thought it was interesting and thought provoking. If anything, it’s just good to consider that each of us, even those of us getting exceptional and better-than-normal nutrients from our raw food lifestyles, should think about getting bloodwork analyses done every so often to “consider” what we “may” lack—it’s just a great tool to have in our arsenal of living in vibrant and exceptional health. But of course, IMHO, it should be taken into account with what our individual bodies’ are telling us, too, not JUST the numbered results of a test.

I agree 100% with the tests in principal aspire – and maybe one day I will get to the point where I want one. The hard part for me is these established “norms”. I read the symptoms of vitamin B deficiencies and I have none of them – the body communicates. I guess I am just not yet ready for blood work, etc – you know how we all take it one step @ a time. Right now I am working on incorporating more greens/alkaline water into what I eat. And since I’m not ready for blood work, I might as well not think about what I may be lacking in nutrients and instead I’ll think about what I am lacking in food variety. A mental note is made though – I’ll check myself out in the future. Good topic.

I like underripe bananas too, and I like melon but not if it’s mushy or too ripe. I like using bananas in recipes more than plain.

I’ve to try banana ice cream it is supposed to be just frozen bananas blended, isn’t it?