Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

beauty products you cant live without

I am really hooked onto Burt’s Bees products, mostly because I can find them everywhere, and I like their super shiny natural lip gloss. Prices are cheap too which is a big selling point for me. Coconut oil for my skin, I love it in cold months.

What about you?

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Extra virgin coconut oil, I would be lost. Also Gabriel lipgloss in champagne and Peacekeeper nail polish in Paint Me Grateful.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

OMG lavendar oil! Flower oils smell AMAZING and they’re so versatile. They taste good for homemade toothpaste, they smell fantastic.

• I too LOVE BB lip shimmers. Sad story though, Clorox company just bought BB. From what I know the product lines won’t change, but just FYI for those who have issue with supporting the big guys….

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/11/burts_b…

of course, nowadays, it is practically impossible to not directly or indirectly cause harm or support things that devalue life or the earth…. at some point it all connects somewhere. I also love hemp based lip color (hemp organics) – so nice. and alba organics coconut lip balm is absolutely yummy.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

aveda all sensitive face wash and lotion. it’s expensive but one bottle lasts me several months.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

The bamboo body scrub by desert essence. After a week at the beach, my skin was tanned and very dry. This stuff literally sloughed off all the dead skin, left me looking radiant with no peeling. All my old lady rough spots vanishes and when I used it on my face, more lines vanishes! Comes in a tub and looks dark like coffee grounds.

• i must try that body scrub, izhpt….where’d you get it?

• I use a mineral powder for foundation, if I need it (i.e. on stage when singing) I use Alba organics Lip tint, and tried the BB kind, but didn’t like it. I am still looking for a glossy tint that is all natural.. anyone know of one??

• SuzicalSuzical Raw Newbie

Dr. Bronner’s soap – in every “flavor” they make. The label alone is priceless…

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

mamamilk-you are a busy woman! I get the Desert essence scrub ata place near me called the Natural Foods Warehouse. I know you could get it on-line. I’m not sure I’ve seen it at Whole Paycheck, but they’d get it 4 U.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Coconut oil and Dessert Essence(for my face)

• “whole paycheck” ha ha ha!!! izhpt, that is hilarious. i’ll try sprouts or one of these other grocers that are jumping on the organic/natural living bandwagon…. we’re pretty blessed around my parts – ya know, there’s more economical ways to skin a raw cat…. : )

ya, busy – but in a good way. it’s ALWAYS a good time around here!!!

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I love Dr. Hauschka’s toned day cream. It has just a hint of color from herbs, and it’s very moisturizing.