Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I am an Animal Magnet!

lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Just a funny thing. I’ve noticed I seem to collect wild animals while running or walking our Greenway. Honestly, the little bunnies just hang out instead of running away. Once a baby deer walked onto the path and just stayed. I could have petted him/her, but saw mama through the brush and if you could have seen the pleading look in her eyes-made me cry. They all come visit-the chipmunks. I like animals, but really…I feel like the Pied Piper! An energy thing?

Comments

• Hi Izhpt, I have noticed the same thing about domestic animals. I am not a cat person I admit but all of a sudden they love me and will not leave me alone (I am allergic). Dogs love me to. In a room they will ignore everyone else and come and hang out with me.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Awww that is so sweet. I purposely stay away from places I might get tempted to adopt little creatures. I only have a 2 bedroom apartment and I have 2 cats 2 dogs. I think animals can sense people with good energy for sure. And most people close themselves off to the good energy animals put out, I think its guilt for eating them, so if you are open to it, quite a bond can be made.

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

My parents have this stupid bird that I hate, but it totally loves me. It’s always landing on me and trying to hide in my hair and rub up on me, and I’m always dodging it matrix style when it flies at me. I hate that stupid bird. Funny thing is that it loves me even though I hate it, and it hates my mom even though she loves it.

I attract dogs a lot too, but I think thats just because I work with dogs and smell like them all the time.

• I used to go for neighborhood walks when I was in college and cats would walk with me, or roll out on their back in front of me so I could pet their stomachs. Course I’m a cat person.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

This has always been the case with me all thorough my life. I feel like Snow White! Although, the closer I live to being completely natural it happens even more now. Yesterday stray kitty comes up to me (of course, I have three cats and all my stuff smells like cat I suppose!) and starts rubbing up against my leg and lets me rub its tummy. In the park, peoples dogs come up to me and want me to pet them.

Alots of people who have pets that normally don’t like other people with come right up to me at their homes and let me pet them and will sit on my lap.

Wild birds, bunnies, squirrels, deers and insects will come very close to me and not freak or fly off. Of course, I used to work with wild birds. Yesterday, I almost stepped on a little gecko like reptile. He was a few inches from my shoes and was looking up at me. I got to take a picture of him and talked to him and he still stayed there but they some other people came over to look at him he took off.

The animals know who likes them and who doesn’t. My cats normally hide from strangers but sometimes a certain person will come over to the house and they will come out and want to be petted by this person. It is really strange. They know who to trust. :) I guess for the most part I like animals better than most people and I think the animals know this too.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

So glad I’m not the only one to notice this change! Love the image of Snow White, queenfluff. Sometimes when you need it most (running full speed ahead in the wrong direction) we are reminded to stop and smell the roses (that Mama Deer). In that long pause i saw the playful spirit of that baby deer and felt the sheer terror of that mother soften -a wonderful moment where all is right with the world… And then the small army of Breast Cancer 3 -day walkers goes by (6 accross + continuous chatter) running with cell phone cameras and yelling about the deer, now gone. Nice stories.

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

Animals know friendly people. My dogs love all the vets they have seen, but they don’t love all people.

This past week a big red pitbull/retriever has been showing up at my house. His name is fittingly “Rocko.” I cannot put Rocko in my car to take him home. And I cannot push him in a big dog cage to get him out of my hair until his owner will come and get him.

This morning he was whining at me when I came out my door. I put him on a leash to take him while I walked. I haven’t fed him though.

He reminds me of Hooch in that movie.

• oh my gosh this keeps happening to me, too!!

this morning my cat was sitting staring down out the window CRYING (he has a very very pitiful cry) but i couldn’t figure out about what. finally i noticed that it was a baby bird that had fallen out of its nest! i’ve spent the day on the phone with a wildlife shelter getting advice on how best to handle it, and have been e-mailing and calling everyone i know to track down someone with an extendable ladder so we can put the poor baby back in its nest!

last week it was a stray kitten stuck above the muffler of a car on my block!

craziness.

• A squirrel came right up to me as I was walking onto work one morning. I was the afraid it was going to attack me or something. But it just stood there as if to say “hi”. Also the rabbit that stays by our house followed me to the mailbox when I went to go get the mail. All since going raw. I think it’s pretty cool. I’m an animal lover, so it does not bother me at all.

• We have so many bunnies in our yard.

I kid you not, today, my husband was walking beside a pond by his work and a HUGE fish was following him!! He actually kept switching directions to see if it was really following him and it was. LOL – i couldnt believe he was telling me this after having read some of these posts. all the cool stuff keeps happening to him…..

• In his first book, David Wolfe wrote about animals building whole new relationships with us when we go raw. That alone was a huge incentive for me to make this change in my life…to the extent where I am currently obsessed with wanting to hang out and eat meals (the same food!) with animals, especially gorillas. If anyone knows where I can befriend a gorilla, you let me know. :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

AzulBlue—love the pig picks!

The reason why I first became a vegetarian was after bonding with a calf. I milked him and walked him. He was the sweetest thing. Never could eat any more meat after that.

I’ve recently been reading some great kids books on humans bonding with animals and also just pure amazing animal stories. I LOVED Watership Down.