Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

raw corn

bittbitt Raw Newbie

I could never digest cooked whole corn (like corn on the cob). It made my stomach hurt, but I ate it anyway. I was scared to try raw corn because of that. But guess what? I can digest it. Because of the enzymes of course.

Any good ideas for how to eat it? I have so far just put it in raw soups.

Comments

• MMM raw corn. cut it off the cob and throw it in salads; here’s one:http://goneraw.com/recipes/655-Corn-Salad. blend it up and dehydrate to make corn chips: http://goneraw.com/recipes/1397-Corn-chips with some fresh tomato salsa. yumm yumm

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

You have got to make Matt Amsden’s corn salad. I think it might be Curry Corn Salad or Thai Corn Salad. it was sooooooooooooooooooo good – one of my favorite raw recipes. I would eat the entire recipe by myself in one sitting because of how good the flavors are! Yum!!!

Warning – if you do make the raw corn chips that Dreaminraw writes about, be prepared that they are sweet, not salty and yummy like store bought chips. I couldn’t eat my corn chips because they were too sweet and didn’t taste good with the Salsa. I’m sure if you buy corn that’s not as ripe, it might turn out really good!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Oh bitt, I just shuck it and eat it from the cob… So wonderful and simple!!! You should see my 5 yr old granddaughter when she see’s the corn in the refrigerator… She will shuck her own and loves it!!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

My favorite: Cut off the cob, mixed with fresh salsa, a little oil & salt. :)

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

yummmo. ANi’s corn and cashew soup (i posted it here) is delish too!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Oh… Who posted Sarma’s jalapeno corn chips a couple of weeks ago? The smell that filled my house! the whole family ate those and I made 4 trays! Search Corn Chips here. They are the “Jalapeno Cornchips *(awesome)” recipe. I work with someone who gnaws it raw right off the cob!

• bitt: i just wanted to mention that I was the same way with spinach. cooked spinach made me soo sick and gassy. I was terrified to try it raw. I started in baby steps in smoothies until I realized I was digesting it with no problems! I now it at least a cup of it daily!!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Favorite summer salad and one of my first “raw” dishes that I loved. When corn is in season slice it off the cob and combine in a bowl with chunks of avocado, tomato, chopped cilantro, lime and salt. It’s ridiculously good.

• I get migraines from cooked corn.. I wonder if I would still get a migraine if it was raw?? I might try it…

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

thanks everyone! those corn chips look delicious!

• My favorite during the Summer is “Roasted” Corn on the Cobb. I take a half of avocado, sprinkle some sea salt, and Cajun Seasonings on it. Rub it up and down over the Corn to cover, usaually can do 1/2 dozen ears (its ready to eat..but…) I put them on a plate let it sit in the Sun (the best Dehydrator) under a fine mesh Colander for a few hours. Then munch away on Fresh Raw Corn.

• I have to agree with Amysue. I love, love, love fresh avocado, tomato, chopped cilantro and salt as a salad, but sometimes I also add in a little chopped jalapeno or mango.

• I’m with angie! yum