Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw homemade facial masks

As a girly girl I love putting masks on my face while I soak in a nice hot epsom salt bath… Since trying hard to be as raw as possible I decided that it is time to get rid of all store bought chemical creams, and create my own raw versions…What I discovered is that the possibilities are endless and the results are amazing… So I thought I should share – it could be old information for most of you, but I am in heaven every time I use:

- body exfoliator: coconut oil and sea salt while showering - moisturizing mask: simply mash up an avocado, apply to face and wash after 20 min - cleansing mask: blend strawberries, coconut oil and banana, apply to face without eating and wash after 20 min - it nourishes and exfoliates at the same time! - firming mask - simply smear peach on your face and wash after 20 minutes

As I said the possibilities and my excitement are endless. Lately I have been putting everything that I eat on my face from carrot juice to plums:-))) LOL! As a result my skin is smooth and silky! I love it! I hope you will too!

Comments

• thanks for this info … I will try some of them! Right now, I only use EVOO on my skin with a few drops of essential oil added for fragrance.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Thanks – this is good to know! I’ve been using coconut oil as a cleanser and I caved in and bought the Skin Food from Live-Live. I love it, but it’s not as moisturizing as i thought it would be. I’m gona try the peach and the avacado! Thanks!!

• I am happy that I can be of service… I will keep researching this topic and I promise to share my findings with you!

• Thanks! Being new to the raw lifestyle, this is really helpful.

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

These are awesome! I get tired of putting chemicals on my face, but, being brought up in this world, I didn’t know what else to do so I continued using them! I tried the avocado and it works WONDERFULLY! I haven’t got around to trying to others yet.

Thanks for these!

• I use ACV as a toner and cleaner for my face occasionally.. not everyday, but it really makes my skin super soft.

Coconut oil is one of my favorites. I actually rub a good bit on, then take a soft cloth and gently buff most of it off. Then I don’t feel so greasy. :)

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I have been wondering about this for a while. My mom is pretty into health and has been using edible things for her skin and hair care for a while but I didn’t like the smell of it except for the olive oi-aloe vera lotion.

Avocado mask sounds soo good. Where can I get coconut oil?

• I usually buy my coconut oil at the health food stores in Calgary. I use the unrefined cold pressed organic kind. I have also been using baking soda to brush my teeth – the results: whiter and cleaner teeth. I make a paste out of the baking soda and some distilled water. I also started putting some coconut oil on the ends of my hair just 30 min before I shower – no more split ends and my hairs feels softer which is quite the accomplishment in Calgary’s dry climate. I also heard that shredded apple mixed with oil is a good way to get rid of black heads. I personally have not tried that yet – once I test it on myself I will let you know what the results are. Stay beautiful, ladies!

• This is a wonderful topic, thank you. I haven’t checked yet, but there should be a section in the recipes that accommodate for natural raw homemade beauty products. WHAT DO YOU THINK? Just a quick question planetorganic, could you please post the cleansing mask again. For some reason the type is all funny and I can’t read the ingredients.

Thanks heaps….Oh yeah, this is probably the stupidest question ever, but can you eat the products after you use them on your face, eg the avocado. I think I would cry if I had to personally throw an avocado out without eating it!!! ha ha, I can’t believe how silly that question is. Interested in your funny responses.

Cheers.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

haha I was just totally thinking the same thing. I don’t know about the avocado since it would be all oxygenated but I guess a mask for $1.69(current going price for avocados here in Kansas City) then I guess it’s a cheap mask. Still, I would like to use it afterwards. I definitely know I wouldn’t be able to have a cleansing strawberry banana coconut blend on my face without licking it all off before time is up.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I usually eat avocado, or whatever is on my face afterwards. Maybe not all of it, but I can’t help it and I don’t think it’s gross.

Sometimes half the mask won’t even reach my face because I’ve eaten it already haha.

• ha ha… Sounds like something I would do. Must try it to make sure it wont hurt the face!!

• What wonderful ideas. I can’t wait to try some of these. The coconut oil and sea salt especially. I love the statement “apply to face without eating” LMAO. Thanks for sharing.

• Great topic. I also use jojoba oil on the ends of my hair and on my face as a moisturizer. I’ve read a lot about how people use coconut oil as a cleanser. Can anyone tell me how this works? How much do you use, does it make your skin oily, etc.

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Hey Ladies,

I do an ‘eat and use it on your face’ kinda thing to get the best of both worlds!

I eat a mango (whole after peeling, I dont chop – heaven!) and then rub the stone over my face afterwards, it has wonderfull enzymes which cleanse & help remove dead skin cells, and wash it off afterwards. I also do the same with an avocado skin as organic avocadoes are not the cheapest here and I would cry if I cant eat it. Just turn the skin inside out, rub it on, massage it in, leave for 10 then wash off. It will leave a residue and carry on working. I dont think there needs to be a thick layer for it still to have an effect, at least thats what I was always taught with face masks, hmmm, maybe they were just trying to get me to save money.. anyway! Enjoy, its all yummy, also a big coconut oil fan, I use it to cleanse & moisturise, Rawsarah I like the put on buff off too. I also warm it up, put it on my hair dry, wrap my head up in cling film for a while then wash off (with a detergent free shampoo of course!) A-maz-ing. The skin care receipe section thing from z?n is a great idea! Please keep em coming!