Sprouting books

Hello everybody,

I am looking for a recipe book that features delicious preparations of sprouts. I don’t need a book whose recipes are all entirely-raw (I eat cooked food) but given that I’m asking in such a forum as this I think I know what I’ll be getting :). Raw might be better because raw means that I don’t have to spend time cooking, and I’m really slow in the kitchen.

Right now, I’m considering buying Anne Wigmore’s Recipes for Longer Life. It’s got lots of sprout recipes and even information on fermenting, but I don’t know if it is the best one available. Can anyone vouch for or discourage that book?

Any other suggestions are much-appreciated. Thank you!

Josh

Comments

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Hello!

Sorry no advice about books, just to tell you that you can check http://www.sproutpeople.com/cookery.html there are raw and cooked recipes using sprouts.

If you finally find/get a book please let me know your opinion, I’m interested too.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Before I went raw I used sprouts in most of my stir fry dishes. I also put them in sandwiches and wraps, and, of course, in salads. Friends at school used to tell me I was the only person they had ever known who ate a salad IN their sandwich. Now that I’m eating raw, I frequently put them in fruit and green smoothies (gives a nutty flavor) and in almost everything else I eat. If the recipe calls for greens and I have sprouts on hand, I usually add them.

Anngoingraw, thanks for the web link. I’ve added it to my favorites.

emtpdmom you’re welcome. Which sprouts do you use with fruits? I’ve never mix sprouts and fruit (with the exception of tomato and avocado) and it seems an interesting combination.

I use alfalfa or broccoli sprouts. Sometimes the sprouts are a substitute for spinach or kale. Sometimes I add both the leafy greens and sprouts. I’m on vacation at the moment and have a head of broccoli but am out of sprouts. I’m trying to use up all the odds and ends in the fridge before heading back home Wednesday, so this morning I put broccoli florets in my fruit smoothie. Not nutty, but not bad either. I’ll probably eat some interesting combinations in the next two days.

thans emtpdmom, i think i’ll start using alfalfa for gazpacho style soups, and then i’ll try more adventurous combs.

You’re most welcome. Please post your creations.