Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I lost ten pounds this week.

:). I was here a couple days ago asking what I should be eating. I’ve been reading and trying not to eat cooked food but I made some mistakes, like eating roasted cashews and olives. Also I ate WAY too many dates, we’re talking big ole slabs of packed dates, a ton of pine nuts, bananas, avocado, etc. However, I stopped my diet soda habit ( no artificial sweeteners or caffeine), gave up alcohol, meat, dairy, protein bars, and all grain products and processed carbs.

For a week.

Got on the scale today and I’m down - actually the scale started out at 238, but I was kind of waterlogged and I think I had eaten a ton the night before. Anyway, this morning the scale said 223 - which is actually fifteen pounds I know, but I’m giving my scale some leeway.

You should see my skin.

I am amazed.

R

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Wow! I think it’s Ok to eat lots of dates. Your body probably needed them.

Good for you and keep at it! You are doing awesome! You gave up a lot at once.

• !!!!

Amazed! is this typical?

R

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I think part of it is detoxing. There’s a lot of junk your body has been holding onto that is finally clearing. Feels pretty awesome though, right?! I lost about 7lbs my first week of raw, and I was already vegan! The pounds have steadily been coming off ever since, and people that don’t see me for all of a week tell me how fabulous I look the next. It rocks! I’ve found incorporating strength-training into my exercise routine has helped a whole lot too.

• :). heyenglish:

I was a lowcarber for about five years and I did a lot of strength training—bodybuilding type regime. Right now I’m doing kettlebell traing three times a week. Kettlebells are really tough but there’s a cardio component. If you’re looking for an endorphin buzz, this is the thing to try.

r

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

wow! awesome!! I don’t know if it s typical but I didn’t lose that weight in a week. I lose very slowly.

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

Rawcuss,

My mom did the same thing! She didn’t cut out all meat, but she moved mostly to fish, at least. She told me I was in charge of her diet, so I’ve been giving her no carbs/grains or anything processed, made her drink water and unsweetened fresh tea (instead of having tea with her sugar), and she’s been eating HUGE raw salads and fresh fruit ALL DAY including at least 1/2 – 1 avocado, plus I added coconut and flax oil to her diet instead of just olive oil. Oh yah! Last night she even tried a dessert I made her with ‘gasp’ agave instead of sugar; she loved it!

She stepped on the scale after 9 days and she’s down 10 lbs! We were all so happy for her and I was really glad that it was working because she was very discouraged the last time she tried to diet and nothing worked (she refused to give up her processed dinners and sugar!).

Good luck!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Rawcuss, I also lost a bunch of weight when I started on raw and I have eaten healthy my entire life and work out daily. I think I lost about fifteen pounds right away and now I’ve gone down five more. I only have about five more to lose til I’ve reached my goal. I’m so excited for you and I hope you continue to feel great and lose weight!

• :). You know, the funny thing is, I was just “trying” this because my husband wants to go on a retreat to quit smoking. Somehow I heard it was all raw food, and I figured, well, okay, I’ll check this out early and go into my caffeine withdrawal in advance. I thought maybe I’d lose some weight but—WOW!

:). Anyway, then I found out it's a vegan retreat, with bread and soup apparently. But I plan to stick with raw until the event and also after :)
  • I have had amazing weight loss on raw. I started on this journey because I was very sick so the last thing on my mind was losing weight even though I weighted 230 pounds. After 5 months after being off all meds but one that I always must take, I went to the doctor and found out that I had lost down to 185. That was 45 pounds total. I also no longer had diabetes or high blood pressure. He was amazed and so was I. I had not weighed because I had a funky scale so I just did not worry about it. During that time I had a few cooked meals. Maybe one a week or so (it was sushi with a little fish and a little rice). I generally ate when I was hungry but tried to keep my fat intake in a reasonable amount. I did however one day eat 3 avocados and one day I sat down and ate 4 bananas. I figured if I was going to binge on something let it be raw. It did not seem to affect me at all but the rest of the day I was just not hungry at all. I am now 100% raw and very happy with it and so free in so many ways. I don’t plan on ever turning back. Hang in there and I wish you all success. www.adashofrosemary.blogspot.com

• YOU ROCK! Keep up the progress!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Rosehebrew & Rawcuss – great progress! What you’re losing in pounds you’re gaining in health!

• Hey There Everyone:) Wow great job Rawcuss! Rosehebrew question for you reguarding your sucess with diabeties. I have a family friend whom has diabeties and it has progressed quickly she has lost most of her vision and kidneys are not doing so well.blood sugars are good.One of her doctor wants to put her on dialisis but we found a great doctor who has put her on some herbal supplements but her diet is an on going saga re high protein any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.. please help I will check out your blog!!

• Hi mistys1979, I would recommend Gabriel Cousens’s book There Is A Cure for Diabetes and Rainbow Green Live-food Cuisine for some good anyone can do recipes. His approach is raw food and low on the sugars. I can eat lots more fruit now that my body has healed some but I am sure is approach is the proper one as he has had great success with it.

• Thank you I will get these two books!