Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How terrible is cheese?

Hi Guys. I am struggling, struggling to give up cheese. I absolutely love the taste of it. I have found in the past that if I learn something really disgusting about something that I like (eg. rodent droppings and hair in processed food) then I won’t go near it again. I haven’t found my yuck factor for cheese yet. Can you help?

Tell me all of the terrible things about cheese. The more disgusting the better. I’m desperate.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• I read in another forum topic on here (I believe the ‘Why No Milk?’ one..) that cheese is made by scraping the lining of a calf’s stomach. That did it for me! No more cheese.

• Oh yeah, thanks. That’s the kind of information I need. Any other yucka stories?

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Sorry, but I know loads of people who make their own fresh cheeses from raw milk. If you can’t give it up, why not try making it yourself? That way at least you know what’s in it!

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

Read ‘Skinny Bitch’ – they have a whoooollee rant about how bad cheese is!! :)

• ajchanterajchanter Raw Newbie

Heres a bit of what they say!:

“Cheese will rule our lives and fatten our asses if we dont kick the addiction. Cow’s milk actually has traces of morphine in it! And for once, we can’t blame factory farming. Morphine, along with codeine and opiates, are naturally present produced in cows’ livers and end up in their milk. But that’s not all. All milk, whether from a cow or a human, contains casein, a protein that breacks apart during digestion and releases a whole slew of opiates. All these “feel good” chemicals exist so that newborns will nurse and thrive, and to ensure a bond between mothers and their young.

Are you starting to get the picture? When a woman breastfeeds, her milk has an almost drug-like effect on the baby. The baby is totally hooked. He’ll cry, not because he’s hungry, but because he needs a “fix” of that pleasurable feeling produced by the opiates. Nature has guaranteed that our babies will nurse and grow. And when they reach a certain age, we wean them, and stop giving them these “drugs”. And they’re fine. But then we start them on cows’ milk and an addiction is born.

All dairy products contain casein, but cheese has the highest concentration. In fact, cheese contains far more casein that naturally found in cows’ milk. It also has phenylethylamine (PEA), an amphetamine-like chamical. So when we kid around and say, “I am addicted to cheese,” its not a joke – its true. We are chemically addicted to cheese.”

Wow, my hands hurt from typing all that now! But i hope it helps! :)

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

I’m surprised no one talked about the pus and blood! Y’know, the cows are given hormones, then they get big blood vessels which break, so blood is in the milk, and then they’re given antibiotics, so that’s in there. This causes infection=pus. The FDA allows a certain count of blood and pus in milk-they call it somatic cells-it’s on the FDA website. Also, the pesticides, girl, it takes 10 lbs of milk to make 1 lb of cheese so concentrated in there is the 10 lbs of pesticides. Whew. That’s why I don’t eat it anymore!

• Hi Karuna! I got put off dairy products several years ago whilst staying with friends who at that time ran a dairy farm. The farmer came into the farmhouse one day and I overheard him say that he had discovered that one of the cows had an infected udder (cow boobs). He discovered this AFTER she had been milked and the milk had been collected by the dairy company. So her lovely pussy, bloody infected millk was mixed in with all the other milk. And I am sure his cow wasn’t the only one to have an infection. I switched to non-dairy products straight away!

I know it’s hard to give up cheese as it is very addictive! But it really is not good for your body and totally unnatural. I mean, we are the only species who choose to drink the milk of another species and all other baby animals wean themselves off it.

Check out: http://www.milksucks.com/index2.asp http://www.vegansociety.com/people/health/dairy…

Good luck :)

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I’ve also heard that if a cow gets (or is)pregnant they’ll take the calf and kill it. I dont know how true this is. I saw a vegan leaflet years ago that had a drawing of a person lying under a cow, sucking on its udder, like breastfeeding. Seriously it was like, what’s wrong with this picture. In addition to all the other gross realities on this thread – Milk is designed for baby cows. Nuff said. Good luck!

• JDJD

Uggg, this is such a nasty topic. Don’t have a milk problem but cheese is another story. I see I will be looking for alternatives here. Thank you all for the post and great links CacaoFlower.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Yes it’s true. When milk cows give birth, the young calf is sent to the slaughterhouse to be made into veal.

• Thanks for all of the information and links. Wow, what a lot of thought and effort. :) I have purged my fridge and freezer of any dairy related items. Once I thought about it, there was quite a bit that I hadn’t associated with dairy. The blood and pus thing will keep me on the straight and narrow – ewww. As, of course, will the cruelty to animals – unacceptable for any reason IMHO. Thanks everyone. Peace, Karuna.