Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How often do you fast?

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

How often do you fast? Do you notice if fasting affects your weight, overall?

What I read is that it slows your metabolism down. Dr. Schulze used Juice fasting as a way to gain weight.

I am feeling the need to water fast more often, to get closer to God and was wondering how often you health nuts out there fast and how it impacts your health and your walk with God.

Comments

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

This is a really good site for you: http://www.freedomyou.com

It is Christian based, and chock full of both water fasting and juice fasting info.

:-)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

This is something I am still working on. I have only juice fasted for one day successfully but I think ideally once a month or some folks even go once a week. Something I will have to work up to.

• I fast once a week on monday. to make any gains on reverse problems a consistent once a week fast is a must followed by a raw day the next day. however I eat raw j food combined easily every. I also fast a 3 day fast once a month. its a tuneup to the body. Yes fasting is very biblical. the early church fasted. the idea of less is more applies to fasting. the spiritual insight on fast day or to follow happens much. emotions unblock too. stay in the word. pray, sing, slow down life on fast days, short walks, be outside, do simple non taxing projects. Yes fasting causes the body to gain or lose weight whichever is needed. JJesus designed our bodies o rest from food Just like creation. we eat 6 days on and rest 1 day off. the body burns up much wastes on a distilled water day fast. drink fresh juices, d. water and if needed eat some whole fruit. over time get to a once a week distilled water day fast on the same day each week.

• should have proofread my typing on my cell before sending. oops.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Thank you all for your help.

• I used to fast (water only) twice a month, on full moon and new moon for 24hrs periods. I gave it up a few months later but I intend to go back as I think it is a healthy way to give our body a healthy break.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I lose weight really really quickly when I’m on a fast. The last fast I did was four days.

As far as my walk with God I definitely need to do more fasts. I do them very rarely because I work full time and am really involved in a lot of things so it’s hard to focus. This is really convicting since I know it’s biblical and because I’m so busy I do need to take that step to focus on my walk.

So thank you. Maybe we could set up an accountability circle on here.

• Bananna1333Bananna1333 Raw Newbie

I only fast when I am sick, sleeping or busy. I hate fasting. I have post traumatic stress disorder from too much fasting….lol. It SUCKS!

...but that’s just my opinion ;)

• Fasting can be done when you’re prepared for it and however you’re called to it. The benefits in all areas of life will be immense.

paxton squigleddy is right – http://www.freedomyou.com is about as thorough and comprehensive as you can get when it comes to fasting. Lots of practical advice too.

My husband is currently doing his 7th 40 day fast. He usually fasts cummulatively 100 – 120 days a year. He’s on day 16 and his skin looks glorious! He was a bit fattened up for the kill (ha ha), so losing too much weight hasn’t been an issue….yet. ; ) He also works full time in a demanding job and maintains his family and community life. Only God can do that.

There’s some threads about fasting on here too. http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/6705

good times…

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

that’s so inspiring and beautiful. I hope to have faith like that some day.

• I fast on Sundays to yes, be closer to God, and to sync with my spirituality. I try to look over my week and think about all the things I could have done differently for greater good. I also think about overconsumption and consuming the things I really need as opposed to the things I think I need. Its a great way to reflect and become a better person.