I hope this is raw 'cause I just had it for lunch....

....ezekial bread? I just had it with some hummus and alfalfa sprouts and it was the most delicious thing EVER! I just wanted to double check and make sure that bread is in fact raw before i indulge anymore. Thanks all knowing ones :)

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

No, it’s a traditionally baked bread, although I’m sure there are raw version recipes around. (You’re talking about ezekiel bread you bought at a store, right?)

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

There’s something called Manna Bread and it’s great for people in the transitioning period. I actually bought some the other day to see what it was like, and being raw for so long, it was soooo good. I had the date cinnamon one. I have to research this more because it didn’t say if it was baked/dehydrated…. i don’t plan on having anymore, but i always heard about it when i was transitioning and Natalia Rose talks about it in her book….

• crap. sigh..yes. It doesn’t contain any flour and the wheat is sprouted..I was just keeping my fingers crossed that it was raw.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

it’s not raw, but relative to other breads, it is very very healthy. i still eat manna bread and the yeast free ezekiel bread (both in moderation), with no bad reactions so far!

• Okay, that makes sense, since I’m sure it was obviously baked above 118. Hummus is still okay right? Oh my gosh!! THis was my first hummus experience and I’m in heaven! How did I not know this was so good? I keep grabing a baby carrot, giving it a hummus dip, and having a very happy mouth :) Thank you all for your insight. I’ve got a dehydrater coming this week so I’ll give it a shot at some breadish things

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Hummus is not raw if you purchased it at the store. It’s made with cooked chickpeas. Instead, you can make a raw version at home. Search the goneraw recipes for hummus.

• wow…well, I just kinda screwed up all the way around today huh? I did buy the hummus from the supermarket, it’s all organic ingredients but, i’m sure they cooked the chickpeas. I’ll finish up the batch I have (b/c it IS so good…and was so expensive) and make the zuccini one after I buy some tahini

• Manna bread isn’t raw either, but as Elizabethh wrote, is easier on the system than other cooked breads.