Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

warning: raw food diet dangerous

bittbitt Raw Newbie

I julienned off a slice of my finger. no trip to ER needed. better use that hand guard next time!

but the meal was worth it.

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Heehee – I mean, Ohhhh, ouch – sorry! Hand guards are our friends. :) We once got a really sharp set of knives after my whole family (of six) was used to poor quality ones, and I think each knife got somebody at least once, and each person got cut pretty bad at least once before we adapted to the fact that these weren’t our old, dull kinves. :P

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I had considered buying those special mesh metal gloves when using a mandoline :)

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Oh rawmama mesh metal gloves for the mandoline, why didn’t I think of that??? My heart starts to flutter as get close to the end of the vegetable I am slicing….EEEEEEKKKKKK!!! Whew, safe again thank goodness…

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

at least now i have an excuse to have the hubby do the dishes. although i am down a typing digit.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Poor thing! I’ve seen my mother-in-law do it slicing meat….blood on blood!

• Feel better soon Bitt. I think your husband should take you out somewhere nice to cheer you up. :)

• Poor baby! I hope your finger is feeling better this morning, Bitt. I had a nasty run-in with a blender a few months back now, and I was cut up. Raw food IS dangerous! Dangerously fun!

So. What was the meal?! We must know! Did you eat the sliced bits of flesh??

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I got a new mini blender a few weeks ago, I opened it up in the shop to check everything was in there and sliced my thumb on the blade, it bled all over the place.. At least I knew it was sharp! ;-)

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I’ve never been that graceful or coordinated, so it’s no surprise that I nick, slice, peel or otherwise maim myself in the kitchen, at least once a week. It always happens to my left hand too! This is the only con I’ve found about the raw food lifestyle!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

haha when I saw the title of this thread I seriously thought someone was saying that we shouldn’t eat raw food only. haha whew! I hope your hand gets better Bitt! I know how it feels! I’m totally clumsy and that plus sharp utensils equals alot of band aides. hehe

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I was using a grater recently to grate carrots on my salad and cut two fingers, and they bled pretty bad for 10 minutes. The retarded thing was, I used the grater again a week later and got two more cuts, same fingers but opposite hands! Oh well, I’m never using a grater again.

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I try to avoid the grater at all costs! The veggie peeler is my weakness now. I seem to manage to slice right through my nails when I use it :(