cravings..........

I’ve been 100% raw for about a month,with no cravings, or desire to ‘cheat.” Until now. The past few days I’ve been seriously craving eggs and cheese. Yesterday I had a couple bites of scrambled eggs my kids were eating, today it was a handful of grated cheese. I’m trying to figure out what it is my body is asking for with these cravings. I gave in twice now, and I feel like garbage. I don’t want to cheat, and I definitely don’t want to go back to the way I was eating before. I’m wondering if I should do a watermelon fast or something to clear out whatever is causing the cravings.. what do you guys think? I’m trying not to be to hard on myself, but I switched to 100% raw in order to manage multiple sclerosis more effectively.. how effective am I being if I eat things I know I shouldn’t.

Any advice on the cravings?

Comments

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

It’s probably protein or fats you are craving. Try eating more nuts,avocados, and coconuts and stuff like that. That’s my advice…..:)

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Okay, i used to have a really bad problem with Candida… i did cleanses and nothing seemed to help long term. Not until i mentioned to someone that i was craving Peanut Butter like crazy- i mean, i would sit and eat an entire tub of Reduced Fat Jiffy – okay, 1/2 a thing, but still… then, someone told me that certain bacteria and disease actually lives off of certain things in certain foods. I can’t remember what it is, but Candida strives on peanuts and really toxic things. So, where as i thought i was helping myself by giving in to my cravings, i was actually making the bacteria stronger – and my cravings got stronger. Trust me, you won’t ever find what it is that your “craving”...

Ani Phyo makes an Egg Scramble… if you want the recipe, just let me know. I haven’t tried it yet, but it might fool your body into thinking that your having eggs :) Bryan Au also has a pretty good pancake recipe… will either of these do?

I agree – try to eat more protein. If you take an avacado and some carob or cacao powder and some agave or dates, blend it all up with some water and you’ll get chocolate pudding. That might help all of your cravings :)

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Maybe you just want good salts/fats?

But cleansing is always good. Even when you don’t feel like you NEED it, it always feels better. I admit I did NOT do an intentional, or healthy cleanse the past couple of weeks. But I just let my body do what it liked, eat or not, and supplemented with bee pollen. Somehow I feel better despite the complete lack of nutrition(I was taking 1-2tbs. maximum and it’s supposed to be 1tbs. per 40lbs.). But people go on water fasts,etc. and are fine. I did make an effort to eat at least SOMETHING, once a day after a few days, and let the body decide on more or less. I don’t know It seemed to help with alot of things I didn’t realise I was having problems with. :) anyway…