Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Milks

CaptureCapture Raw Newbie

Are there any raw milks (nut or other) that can be store bought?

Comments

• I don’t think so they are probally all pasturized

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

there is at least one. I’m not sure of the brand but they have it at my hyvee in Kansas City, Missouri. So it’s out there somewhere. It’s really really expensive though.

I’m pretty sure that some other people can help you here because I remember reading that a couple other people were buying raw milk.

• Yes, I buy raw milk and cheese from my local co-op occasionally. You may need to go to a health food store, or call around to local dairies, but they are out there.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

it seemed daunting at first but once you get the hang out it it’s easy to make your own.

• .....nut milk that is. ha ha ha

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

To make your own just soak some nuts or seeds, blend in your blender with water, a couple of dates and a pinch of salt and a couple of drops of lemon juice. If you like you can squeeze it through an old pair of tights or a nut milk bag, but I never do, I just drink it as it is. I use sprouted sunflower seeds for mine.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I’ve been using pumpkin seeds lately and boy is it good.

If you don’t have a high speed blender and are really lazy, you can stir some raw nut butter into water with some agave. I haven’t tried that but I understand it’s good.

• CaptureCapture Raw Newbie

Thank guys—I’m adding nylons to my shopping list :)

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I love making my own hemp seed milk. Complete protein, essential fatty acids in the perfect ratio, delicious flavor. YUM! Water, hemp seeds, dates and… chocolate if you want some real fun :)

Cheers,

Kristen Suzanne

• a cheaters version to make raw milk in a pinch-1 T. raw almond butter to 1 cup of water and a few dates or t. vanilla, or some agave and blend it up-really so easy if your not into straining the mesh bag out which is more time consuming but hemp seeds dn’t really require straining-I just made some 1 cup of hemp seeds to 3 1/2 cups of water and threw in some dates (or agave) and 1 T. vanilla and some himalayan salt-very delish

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

It really depends on where you live. I did switch over to only raw milk and cheese, but it is legal in CT and best finds are farm markets.

As to other ‘milks’ the only ones I can do are nuts or seeds(I do like, but make depending on what’s up with life in general). I have tried store bought, but not a fan and my body likes homemade best. I never do soy, my body just does NOT like it!!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I think capture was talking about raw nut milk and such. I doubt its in the stores…if it was it would be EXPENSIVE.

But, raw dairy milk in the coop?? How can they get away with that?