EEK!! Weird toothish pain :(

Okay so I have no clue if this is anything related to becoming raw, or if it’s a mere coincidence, OR even if any of ya’ll have experienced this. Lemme preference this, though, by saying, I am one of those lucky people who have never had a cavity. I think I just have always had strong teeth. So, last month while I was on the Master Cleanse, outta the blue one day while brushing my teeth, I get met with the most uncomfortable tooth pain. I was taken aback as this has never happened to me before (toothaches). I wasn’t sure what to make of it because I thought maybe the maple syrup might be causing some weird tooth decay or something, I dunno. So basically for a week, I could barely touch the toothbrush on the tooth that was in pain, and then all of a sudden, it went away. But now another tooth is causing me a problem and it’s the same kinda pain and I am not keen on it at all. This pain is only apparent while brushing, thankfully not at all while eating or drinking. I take pretty decent care of my pearly whites and I’m not eating many sweet things at all (I don’t use sweeteners and only eat a serving of fruit a day), so I am hesitant to think it’s some kinda cavity. Has anyone else experienced odd toothaches while going all raw or on a detox? I’m sure the obvious answer comes in the form of a nudge of “hey how about you go to the dentist and get them to check it out”, but this poses a few problems: no insurance, paying out-of-pocket would make my already broke bank broker, and I really just wish this would disappear!!! Thoughts, ideas, suggestions..???

Comments

• pregnancy, birth, pregnancy, birth, pregnancy, birth…. and lactating continuously does weird things to a girls gums and teeth. It has to do with the hormones an all the other alien things that happen to our bodies…

keep brushing and flossing after every meal. Be anal about this! And save your pennies for another month or two and see a dentist. (that will give you time to find an affordable one who takes a pmt. plan OR better yet, for this little blip to go away).

we’ll just pray it goes away. ; )

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

Maybe this has to do with the enamel being eroded away from too much acid (lemons on the MC)? I know that this can make the teeth extreeeeemely sensitive.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

mellie bellie, bethechange has a really good point. My dental hygienist said the same thing about lemons. She said it’s OK to drink smoothies and juices with Lemon, but not to drink it too slowly ie—not to sip it all day. AND to brush you teeth immediately after drinking it.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I started to get some tooth pain from drinking too much lemon water. I think you have to just drink the lemon juice down then brush!

oops just read greenghost said the same thing!

• hey m-b, i’m gonna say it may be receding gums. i have been experiencing exactly what you described. what i have found that helps is eliminating or minimizing cold drinks and being conscious during my brushing/flossing. i also am diligent to rinse my mouth after eating/drinking, esp acidic or sweet fruits/foods.

i also stumbled upon the following articles that may be of interest to you… http://www.rawguru.com/dougteeth.html http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/oil_pulling…

peace & ease, lovesprout

• hey m-b, i’m gonna say it may be receding gums. i have been experiencing exactly what you described. what i have found that helps is eliminating or minimizing cold drinks and being conscious during my brushing/flossing. i also am diligent to rinse my mouth after eating/drinking, esp acidic or sweet fruits/foods.

i also stumbled upon the following articles that may be of interest to you… http://www.rawguru.com/dougteeth.html http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/oil_pulling…

peace & ease, lovesprout

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I’ve known people with that same experience and it was too much fruit (mostly citrus and fruit on the more acidic side). Try to use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth while your tooth gets better, and either rinse with lots of water after consuming fruit (or brush gently if possible), as Lovesprout wrote above. Best of luck!

Cheers,

Kristen Suzanne