Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Has anyone healed an ailment with raw food?

2»

Comments

• For diabetes I have read that apple cider vinegar taken before a meal will greatly benefit blood sugar levels. A couple of teaspoons half an hour before eating. I have also read that licorice can help heal stomach ulcers, but it can raise your blood pressure so be careful.

Thanks greenmachine for the info. The institute here is a couple thousand dollars and they make you do colonics which I don’t want to be subjected to right now. I think they would get a lot more interest if they didn’t associate being healthy with such gross stuff and with such high prices.

Thanks rawmama for the info on pineapple. I had forgotten about that for joint pain.

Hi spirited mama- I read that diabetics are low in biotin a lot of the time. That might be something to look into.

• Eliminated (minor) pain in back Eliminated insomnia Eliminated clotty & heavy menstrual flow Gained greater awareness Gained back ability to relax Improved overall mood and enjoyment of life Have become more centered & less concerned about others’ judgments & feelings

All good things to you!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

My diagnosed conditions MS, Lyme, Candidiasis, mercury toxicity and some secondary conditions, hypothyroid, incontinence, inability to stand and a long list of symptoms have improved or healed since I started eating raw. I’m on my way to recovery. I don’t take any medications and haven’t had an exacerbation in three years. Eating raw isn’t a quick fix, but, in my opinion, it is the only fix. I do still take a few natural supplements.

• I used to have migranes every month and head aches every day for no reason at all.I practically lived off advil.Since 100% I now never even get occasional head aches.

• FeeFee Raw Master

SocaL Im really interested to hear how you went with curing your UC. Im trying to go raw but struggling, and this is one reason why I want to do it. I dont like taking the HUGE tablets everyday, its seems un-natural to be taking these things to help me. I had stopped taking them but as I was not doing well on being very raw at all Ive had a flare up and so Im back on the tablets :-(. I have a copy of Self Healing Colitis and Crohn’s by David Klein which I want to re-read and then try the methods in this. Im managing to have a fresh fruit juice for breakfast everyday and that seems to be helping. My Dr was pleased when I told him I was eating more raw and was able to stop one lot of medication. I hope to be off both by the next time I see him. Sorry to ramble – but verbal diarrhoea is the one kind I dont mind!!!

Thanks for any help or advice you have, Fiona

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

in about a month, my arthritic pain is just about gone, it was gone within 4 days of starting the diet. also, just had some tests done at the doctor’s office last week and i no longer have hypothyroid. i only have half a thyroid, and i’ve been off meds since november. i was still suffering all the symptoms before going raw. i felt better almost immediately, most of my symptoms vanished. having the lab work just confirmed what i knew!! also, i have type 1 diabetes, i’m still taking insulin, however i have reduced my dosage by approx. half.

also i lost about 7 lbs. in the first month, and my weight has been very stubborn to come off in the past.

i feel great and i’m getting better all the time!

• My Psoriatic arthritis cured 100% also psoriasis. Arthritis is an easy case to get cured by raw. I wrote my story below http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=10547&ti…

• Before raw: I weighed somewhere around 400lbs. I couldn’t walk more than 5 feet by myself without crazy severe back spasms so I used a wheelchair. That alone is a difficult life (being so huge trying to find a chair that fits you AND one that you can actually note yourself in) on top of that I had sleep apnea that was so bad the C-PAP mechine didn’t help me. I also had some asthma and I very litterally fell asleep every 5 to 10 minutes from the time I woke up till I went to sleep at night. This was the worst part because I would have to use a bus to in anywhere and it was so embarrassing to fall asleep (I snored so loud and would have periods where I would stop breathing) and had to tell the driver my stop so I didn’t sleep through it (that happened several times.) I always felt like a one woman freak show whenever I went outside. Now all of that is behind me! I can walk! I can stay awake all day my asthma is gone, I still have some weight to loose and mild sleep apnea but I’m sure when the rest of the weight comes off that will dissapear with it. But most of all I don’t feel like I did before.. I used to think I’d be dead before now, before I ever got to be 27.. Now I feel like my life’s just getting started and I have so much left to live for. I know some people say that it’s because I stopped eating junk and made myself exercise and maybe part of it is that but I know how I feel when I’m 100% raw and when I’m not and that is the biggest reward for me and something I can’t describe. Did raw foods cure me?? Most definately.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I know I am forever late but I was trying to look up some things to see if I can find something to help my back ache. I think I will just get a massage. Anyways. nsrising I am unsure how strict you are with your diet but my grandmother is diabetic and even though she is type two because her blood sugar spiraled out of control she had to start taking insulin. There is a product called cinnergen that is suppose to help with blood sugar levels if you are insulin dependent and for people who are type two it is suppose to help heal the body to eventually be diabetes free. It is a liquid. The main ingredients are kelp extract, cinnamon bark extract, sugar sea beet extract, ginger root extract, acerola berry extract, black cherry extract, blueberry leaf extract, oat seed extract, green tea extract, oat seed extract, cranberry extract, irish moss extract, and aloe vera 100x. Stevia leaves are used as a sweetner. I do not know how well it works personally because I have not gotten it to my grandmother yet she is in another country.

• Odessa7 I noticed you said you were having seizures.if you don’t mind me asking what type of seizures were you having? Also have you had anymore seizures since going raw? I have posted on this forum a few times about seizures and haven’t heard anything back. Any info would be great.. my doctors think I am having seizures but would like to do further test!

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

Hi Liz (writeeternity)
    In short without raw food I won’t be here today. I feel deeply grateful for this lifestyle. I love it, thrive on it and find it the most balancing to my body, mind & spirit.
    My journey with raw food started in 1985, for the first 11 years I was mainly fruitarian. I was eating too many dried fruits & nuts though which threw off my blood sugar.
    In 1996 after a hair analysis, I was told to add animal proteins again, to balance my blood sugar which i did reluctantly within a year (fish & eggs), after that my health deteriorated rapidly:
    In 1999, my liver shut down after a major vaccination (4 vaccins for immigration). I almost died from it.
    I also had a major parasites infestation (ascaris & liver flukes). I almost died from it.
    In 2003, I had a systemic heart infection due to 2 old root canals. I almost died from it. The Docs gave me 2 weeks to live.
    In 2005, I was diagnosed with a degeneration of my corneas which leads to blindness.
    Supposedly all these conditions were incurable. Yet, living Food not only helped me heal the incurable but also completely regenerated my body since. My liver, my EKG, my corneas & my blood sugar are in perfect condition which of course puzzle the medical field hopefully for the best. ; )
    To me, the living food lifestyle awakens us to Life.
    May this be helpful.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

My name is Shawn Gadwa. I am currently using a 30 day juice fast and raw food to help my eyesight. I am also doing Dr. Schulze’s eyebright formula. I am not doing that as much as I should be doing it and I know I should be doing more eye exercises. I have been very busy but need to work at it more. At any rate, even though I could put more effort into it, my eyesight is better now than it was before. Although I have not been raw for the last few months but plan to be about 75-80% raw vegan after I get off my juice fast. Right now, I am wearing my older pair of glasses. My newest one hurts my eyes too much and I think I see better with my oder pair. Now that pair is starting to really hurt my eyes and I try not to wear them unless I absolutely need to. I need to go back to the eye doctor some time in February and have them tell me exactly how much better my eyesight has been. Hopefully, I can get a smaller prescription.

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

Thank you Bluedolfin for showing me how to correct typos I deeply appreciated it ; )

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

shgadwa- How bad are your eyes? I’ve had progressive myopia since the 3rd grade and my focal point where I can see clearly is literally 1 or 2 inches from my eye! Any hope for improvement? I think I am like 20/ 2000

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Good job Delphine!!! My previlege. :)

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I do not know the scale but my eyes are pretty bad. I know that a change in diet and me taking herbs and on this juice fast and all, HAS helped my eyes and I know that there is hope for anyone’s eyesight. go to www.herbdoc.com to get the eyewash. I think there is hope of improvement but for you, it might take two years. If you want it to take much less time, I would think a 60-90 day juice fast would get you there A LOT faster. They say that a month of juice fasting is like 5-6 moths of strict raw vegan living.