Raw Peanuts?

Are raw peanuts rare? I haven’t found them anywhere! I love peanuts and I’d really like to get some… any suggestions?

Comments

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

KathyKath – Peanuts are not great in general… I’m not sure if raw peanuts are actually raw, but i was also excited to get some. I finally found some and i hated them! They taste nasty! I thought i could make authentic pad thai with these and the sauce was so bitter and gross – I just don’t want you to be disappointed.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

I’m with Carrie! When I tasted peanuts from the shell from a farmer’s market, I thought to myself, “really?!?? this sucks!” And I had the most uncomfortable realization that the only way I liked peanuts is when they were roasted…ever notice that they don’t sell raw peanut butter, but they sell raw almond and cashew butters? They taste kind of grassy, not nutty at all! Strange.

• Luckily we have an awesome health food store in my city called Lifestyles Market, they have raw jungle peanuts and they are delicious!!! They taste excellent and they make great raw peanut butter!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I made some raw peanut butter cookies for a potluck yesterday and they turned out really tasty. The WF near sells raw organic valencia peanut. I think most of us are very used to the roasted sort and we are expecting that sort of taste. Most people in the world have never had unroasted peanuts!

The reason raw peanut butter is not sold – ins’t just because of the taste but because most raw foodies don’t eat raw peanut because of the afltoxins that are in peanuts. So it probably wouldn’t sell mainly because of that reason.That is why David Wolfe sells the Jungle Peanuts. I like the Jungle Peanut buy themselves not not the way he does the butter. He puts brail nut oil in it and it alters the taste.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

they sell “jungle peanuts” on some raw websites too.