Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Something funny...and scary.

I was discussing the raw lifestyle with my boyfriend and was saying it would be great if we needed to survive in a cave for a while due to environmental or world upheaval.

Wouldn’t you rather spend time with vegans than carnivores? If you’re used to eating vegetables you wouldn’t need anything else but if you’re used to eating meat those people may resort to cannabalism. Scary!

I am also worried about the bees dying out so that 40% of our vegetable crops could be affected and also this is the year of the locusts which could devastate even more of the vegetable food supply.

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Me and Chris are dreaming up a plan to move to our own island, we checked it out and you can actually buy some private islands for the same price as a house costs over here(UK). It would be fab to grow everything we need and not to be affected by other people, just live in our own blissed out energy. All Raw vegans would be welcome to join us, of course!

I think the media is trying to keep us all in a state of fear. Personally, I have a lot of faith in Earth Mother, I believe She will balance Herself and remain abundant and lush forever.I try hard not to get caught up in the scare stories in the media. We haven’t watched TV for 2 years now, it really helps me stay positive. I like to think positive, and send the Earth my loving thoughts not fearful ones. Thought is creative.

• The very reason why humans began eating animal foods and grains in the first place is due to the tribes spreading out beyond the tropical zones of the earth. In the tropics there was an abundance of fresh ripe and sweet fruits and vegetables. When the tribes moved north and south of there things were different and in order to survive they needed to find alternatives. They experimented with hunting animals, they tried the plants that grew in these areas which were unpalatable at best as they were potatoes which are nearly impossible to eat unless cooked, grains which also can not be eaten until soaked or cooked, beans, etc. They sure do not have a sweet taste right off the plant like fruits have. Necessity is the mother of invention and they needed to eat to survive and they started to add bad choices in foods to their diet.

In case of a nuclear holocaust (or some other catastrophic event) and limited foods even vegans will resort to cannibalism to survive. If given the choice between death or eating the flesh of dead animals or even humans most will eat rather than die.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Zoe,I would be very useful on your island! :) I make creative raw dishes and I have manual hand-crank blender for smoothies that would be useful on an island. Can I come too? ;) This is one of my fanatasies too – having my own island and grow my food and hang out on the sand. :) Funny I thought all the islands like that were already bought up by millionaires and celebrities.

I agree that I think the planet has a great capacity to heal itself. It has done so many times over. Great catastrophes have wiped species of all kinds on the planet before and earth has come back and regenerated itself. The planet loves to change and extinguishing of life forms is part of that change. It is scary to think about in a way, yes, since it might be happening in our time. I think humans have a lot to do with the changes going on now but we can’t really say that these things wouldn’t have happened to a smaller degree if we were not around – probably wouldn’t happen in the same way but it is possible that something similar could occur.

I don’t watch regular tv myself but I admit I like to watch those environmental catastrophe shows on Discovery Channel and such. My bf says I like all that apocolypic stuff – I say it is ‘emergency preparedness’. :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Queen Fluff, you will be most welcome, you could fluff the whole island up, and that would be just great!

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

I want to go to your island too…lol…save me a banana and some durians.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Of course you can come, you can have ALL the durians, the smell makes me want to puke!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

I studied jornalism before I got to be a musician,and almost got a job in a News Cast. The majority of what they say is practically fabricated,and they dramatize evrything.I don’t believe on the Media,and I don’t watch news or even read newspaper for more then 10 years,and I’m happy with my state of mind.

My husband and I are planning to move to a little house in the country with a lake.Beautiful place,and we’ll have a vegetable garden,sprouts and fruit trees. Just great.

Can I visit you Zoe?You can visit me in the country too.

Writeeternity, if any thing happen I’m plannig to be a breatharian.

I hate the smell of Durains too and don’t care for the taste either. Koolieaided you can have ‘em ALL! I’ll be eating pineapple. :)

Good idea Lucy – I was going to suggest Breatharianism too. :) I think humans definatley need clean water though. Do Breatharians drink water?

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Yes,I believe so Queenfluff. I think it’s the only think they drink or “eat”. But to be a breatharian one has to have no stress at all,pure water,pure air. My husband said that they are “out there”,almost on the spirit side.I hope I could be like that. Talking about water,have you heard and read the book “The hidden messages in water” by Masuru Emoto ? Wonderful. All the crystals and the messages that the water send to us.To think that we are 70% water as an adult,and 90% as a child. And he said that if we want to send peace to the world,just talk with your sink water.It will travel and take peace with it. Just an amazing and simple message.

I have heard of that book – I haven’t read it yet. I have a few books on water – mostly about how dehydration is the cause of disease which makes sense to me in a way as you say, we are made up of some much water!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

They say if you drink a liter of water before you eat or drink anything in the morning all your sickness will go away. Whether that is true or not, I have no idea.