Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cantaloupe Seed Milk???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Wondering, do any of you guys get cantaloupe seeds from people that throw them away?? I heard about this…is it too much of a hassle?? I like milk but do not make it that often, nuts are expensive and I’d rather eat them that milk them.

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Nope… but i saw a delicious recipe where you blend cantaloupe seeds strain them then pour them over the canteloupe. It makes a sweet sauce.

• When I get my high speed blender this month I plan on saving my cantaloupe seeds to put in my smoohtie. Why let all that nutrition get away?

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Somehow, I want to go get some free cantaloupe seeds then.

About cantaloupe seed milk…is it GOOD or is it just plain OK?? I mean, do any of you love it or do some of you prefer almond or something…I never had cantaloupe milk yet. Do you have to add part of the flesh to it to make it sweet or could I use raw honey or something like that??

Also, my dad hates watermelon and melons, will he like cantaloupe milk???? We are trying to minimize the amount of dairy he consumes. I also found that we can give him foods without telling him him what is in it. Like, avocado with honey and a large spoonful of carob powder. It tastes like chocolate pudding and he did not know the difference. He hates Carob and would have been disgusted at the thought of an avocado dessert, but he loved the pudding!!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Cool! I didn’t know you could do this. Hummmmm gotta try it. Thanks for the idea!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I’ve made a smoothie from one of my books that takes the whole cantaloupe (no rind) with seeds and blends it all up with a little cinnamon. I don’t taste the seeds at all but like the benefit of eating them and not wasting them. I don’t know about using the seeds alone.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I tried to “milk” the seeds alone and then added water to finish the blending… Didn’t work for me, could have done something wrong as it was earily in my raw days… The seeds didn’t breakup like I thought they should… The seeds pieces were sharp and difficult to chew… NOT A PARTY IN MY MOUTH!!!

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

i’ve always made it like amysue—added to the cantaloupe itself and cinnamon. it’s awesome! i don’t know how the milk tastes just by itself, but i’d assume it’s pretty mild. i’m sure you could use honey as a sweetener instead of the cantaloupe. i’d think it would be a hassle trying to find people who were throwing the seeds away, but who knows?

this was one of my favorite raw discoveries! it’s great to not have to worry about the nuts, and this way you know for a fact your milk is raw, too! hope you and your dad enjoy it.

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

there is a recipe (here) for cantaloupe milk :)