What to do with flax seeds????

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I do not always have the money to binge on expensive ingredients to make things like bread and crackers and my mom does not want me running the dehydrator all the time. I think it is in storage anyway.

The only thing I do with flax seeds is every now and then, I make ani phyo’s raw pancake recipe which is really good. I prefer tan seeds. I do not eat them everyday as I should. I read that the oils is not a good as the seeds, it goes rancid.

So, what is a cheap way to get flax seeds in everyday??

Comments

• oh my my! the possibilities are endless! i have two containers in my pantry: ground and whole. i’ll add ground to just about any recipe i make, just about 1/2 a tablespoon or so, sometimes a whole tablespoon. you can put them in your smoothies, dressings, anything! i also like to eat an apple with some almond butter and sprinkle whole flaxseeds on top. i’ve put whole seeds on salads too! they have a pretty neutral taste so it doesn’t make anything taste much different to add them!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Yes grind them. But, I find my body prefers the oil instead of the freshly ground flaxseed meal… maybe because the oil has no fiber.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

If you want it just for health. Grind up a Tab. of seeds. Put the flour in a full glass of water. Stir quickly and drink .I also agree with the dressings. Since it gets thick what about puddings? or maybe a jell-o Only thinking out loud.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

Mix with a bit of coconut oil and pure maple syrup and make a pancake, cobbler crust, or cookie :)

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i have a recipe for grated “cheese” if you click on my profile. it gets all creamy on “pasta.” very easy.

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

I use them to make stuff kind of like puddings, with agave nectar and lemon juice and a little bit of sea salt. it’s yummy. I also put them in any smoothies I make.