Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Condition of Our Soul

Comments

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

If this is your question:

2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

My answer, is no. I am learnign to be patient. And wait.

• I understand. I will be praying for you to recieve the holy ghost! Have you been baptized in the name of Jesus? When a person is baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus then his name is applied to you.

Thank you pulse for your prayers and communication…

As I said on page 1, I was baptized in the Name of Jesus, in water, when I was 8 years old.

God is Good.

• Like elizabethh, I have no problem with people stating their spiritual and religious beliefs in the PROPER VENUE. Yes, of course, being raw has a spiritual component for many, but folks. there are other forums better suited to this kind of discussion. I, for one, find it disruptive and annoying to have these posts at goneraw. I think the only reason they haven’t been “bumped” is because Kandace and Ray have created a very welcoming site and always seem to allow for individual differences. In this case, however, I think there should be some redirection of content. If I wanted the sermon on the mount, I would have gone to church, synagogue, a bible reading, wherever, to get my dose. But frankly, I don’t want it here. Amen.

• Mon46- Ok, I get ya! I am just kind of getting mixed signals as to what is ok and what is not ok. :P I really didn’t think there was a problem, but if Kandace and Ray do not want it I am all for respecting their wishes!!! I have been enjoying this site, and do not want to violate it!!!!

• shgadwa I think it is about time 2 let this subject rest For the sake of everyones feelings and beliefs:)

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

shgadwa I to shall be praying for you on the same line. We need all that God has for us. He is all love and isnt that what we really want in this world? LOVE.

• Thank you, pulse. I have no idea how Kandace and Ray feel, and was just stating my opinion. I appreciate you listening.

• Yes, I am listening. All of us, whether we are christian, athiest, pagen, or otherwise are basicly all on this planet together as it hurls through space. Sometimes I admit I can kind of get like the energizer bunny when it comes to faith in the supernatural! It pains me to think that someone would hurt a fellow human in the name of religion or distaste of it, either!

Yes….Yes

Is there a page that says what is OK and not OK to post??? I do not think so.

Anyhow, on the atheist’s thread, someone mentioned the same thing…that it might be inappropriate. A couple of people responded and quoted what Kandace recently said about how such discussions are great for the other stuff post. In which many atheists (not to put them down) said if people were disturbed by it, to go to the other forums and leave the other things forum alone.

Kandace did say that she was glad goneraw could be open….to beliefs, opinions, and religions.

Does not matter though.

• In light of what you just said,shgadwa, please be careful as to what you may change the title to on this thread. If it is titled incorrectly some of our comments may suddenly become out of place. Fyi- the current title- the condition of our soul seems to be fitting for most of the current comments. Thank you young man!

If we are going to keep this discussion going…..I have no idea what to call the title…any ideas?

Pulse,

You read my mind…..

I posted what I last posted before seeing your post. Thank you.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

I thought I’d jump in and make a note of posting guidelines. We have created this other stuff category in an understanding that most raw, vegans have a whole lot more to their lives than their raw, veganism. This is the place to talk about these other aspects of our lives (instead of filling up the more focused raw topic areas with them). As long as they abide by our terms (see especially the submissions and user conduct areas), post are generally ok.

That said, I have been a bit surprised at the sheer volume of posts lately having to do with religion and spirituality. We love seeing groups start topics for support, especially since Gone Raw is all about supporting the whole person. I’m not sure I see the value and support in having a bunch of other topics debating religion, etc. This is of course a personal opinion here.

I suppose when posting a new topic we can only ask you to consider your own motives. Ultimately, people come here because it is a safe and supportive area to interact with other raw, vegans (or other people interested in eating this way). We aren’t big into moderating and deleting topics and comments here, so we ask you to think before posting. If your only motived for posting a topic are to further a certain religious idea (instead of, say, supporting other raw, vegans within your religious community), then it probably just isn’t all that respectful to the general community.

Thank you kandace…..that is VERY helpful.

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

I agree with Elizabeth. There are better forums for this kind of discussion. And to imply that she or I or anyone else here believes that our spiritual state is of less importance than our health and raw food because we think this discussion would be better suited to different forums is wrong.

There are all kinds of Christians, some with beliefs that differ from your own, and some with beliefs that are similar to your own. Some of them know the bible and theology better than you, and some of them don’t know it as well as you. I can see right now, if we got into debate about biblical matters, it would be heated. And between school and work, I don’t really have time for it.

When I was your age, it was sometimes difficult to see the difference between arrogance and righteous anger in myself. I no longer have that difficulty. At least not most of the time.

You are young, and you will learn a lot more about everything before you are my age (hopefully). A lot of those lessons you will learn the hard way. Even many about our faith and the bible. I wish you well, young brother. But I’m biting my tongue bloody to stay on the good side of the mods.

That said, you seem like a nice guy. Peace to you.

• It’s so nice to log on to look for some new recipe ideas for the weekend and be SAVED instead! i feel so silly for spending all of these years considering myself a religious agnostic and cultural Jew. If only I had realized earlier that Jesus saves. There was just no where to find this information – what a surprise that it’s right here on my favorite raw food forum! I guess I don’t need to figure out dinner tonight – if I put my faith in Jesus, He will provide. Okay – sorry to be obnoxious. But this whole post is incredibly offensive and off-putting. There is NOTHING in this guy’s posts that has to do with raw food. This is just a religious zealot using a board to proseltyze. Why don’t people like this understand that if they are truly secure in their faith, they won’t have to cram it down everyone else’s throats? Why don’t they understand that their disingenous “I’m just asking a question” poses are the lowest form of debate? Why don’t they understand that there are many versions of the Bible that they love to quote – but they are asking everyone to cast all doubt aside and follow word-for-word the version that somehow survived history? Why don’t they understand that other people’s beliefs might just be correct? Why don’t they understand the incredible hubris of believing that they just happened to have been born into the ONE TRUE religion? Personally, I’m done with these forums if they have been taken over by zealot. If i want to be preached to, i’ll go hang out with the crazy guys on the corner making a fire in a garbage can. If i want to discuss raw food recipes and topics, I suppose I’ll have to find another place. (Ok – i feel terrible for saying that to the extent that it offends the people who run this board and contribute appropriately. Kandace, this is a great thing that you do, but I urge you to block these posts).

DadnyTaggart,

Did I ‘preach’ to you? Why are you so angry and offended, that there is a thread that encourages Christians…..?

Secondly, atheists the SAME thread, it encourages atheists…..Can’t they have what is theirs? Why is it that people have not been mad at the atheists?

Furthermore, I could say the same things about your faith…..that you should realize that I might be right, that there might be a good bible translation, or that you could go to the Greek, which is great…....but you do not want any answers to you questions, so I will not give you any answers. Is that throwing it down your throat?? If it is, please tell me as I NEED people like you to correct me. I CANNOT change if I do not know what I am doing wrong.

I mean no offense.

Peace.

God bless you.

You might be right Paxton…..

For the record, are you a Christian or something or the other?

God bless you.

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

Not sure what you mean by ‘something or the other’, but when I said our faith, I was indeed saying that I’m a Christian.

And there is a wonderful book by Ayn Rand called ‘Atlas Shrugged’. It has a very inspiring character in it called Dagny Taggart. Wonderful handle for a chick. Ayn Rand proved that the bible is not the only good book. She was an atheist, but she was also a true-blue patriot, and one hell of a writer.

Peace.

Yes….that was what I thought paxton. Sometimes it is harder to tell.

A sometime or the other, is a Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim, ahteists or anything like that, I think.

I think I think.

• shgadwa,

I just googled “religious” + “debate”. The top three sites were forums specifically devoted to discussing / debating religion. “religious” + “discussion” would probably give you a completely different set of results.

These are places where people are going specifically to discuss their ideas and beliefs and would provide many more answers to the questions you seem to be asking.

I’m fairly new to this site, just started visiting a couple months ago, and only recently started posting, but over the past week, my desire to visit this site has diminished. I LOVE the “recently posted” section of the homepage, and to log on and see 6 of the last 10 posts have come from one person who seems to be far more interested in “showing me the light” than learning and growing WITH the wonderful community that has been created here- well, I don’t like cringing when I see the home page of what a week ago was one of my favorite sites. Can I easily scan past the posts of one individual I whose posts I don’t really care to read? Yes. Can I easily scan past all of the responses to the posts which quickly derail threads from the topic I originally clicked to read about- not really.

You seem to be very passionate about many things, some of them are appropriate for this forum, others are even appropriate for certain threads of this forum, but PLEASE find a place that will embrace and welcome your desire share and be passionate about religious beliefs. Yes, some on this site will respond to these types of questions, but I imagine that you will find far more enthusiastic response from others who have merged in a forum dedicated to that purpose.

I look forward to seeing you find your balance. There is a place for your opinion on this site, but as I saw someone else mention, you may want to tread carefully so that you do continue to find responses to your questions.

I have given this a lot of thought…..

And I have concluded this:

Videos on youtube done by atheists have given me something to think about and increased my faith as I was able to answer those questions. I think a lot of my questions I would have would be answered by me reading some atheists’ books which I want to do. Find out more about why they are atheists. It is just interesting.

I have found out from experience, that people do not want to change (understandable 100%),,,, they do not welcome their questions to be answered and most do not ask questions. So, given that…. the door is not open.

Therefore, I cannot force sometime upon them when after all, the door, is not open.

The only thing I can do is learn from them for myself, witness to them (SHOULD come naturally), and PRAY for them.

That said….I do not need to debate but that you all for cooperating anyway!

Peace.

Also, I do not want religion.

That can be my problem sometimes too….it is not good to be too religious and if I am not careful, I can say religious things.

I appreciate the help.

shgadwa

So you are hunting for answers. Pulse already told you how to receive the wisdom of

Shgadwa So you want to find answers by asking questions. Pulse already showed you how to find those answers. Through the infilling of the Holy Spirit. The Bible says to wait on God. Then wait on God. Read His Word and pray. Take time to be with Him and not that time seeking the answerers to your question from the world. God will help you if you give him a chance. Take council from your Christian brothers and sisters.

Thank you beany… that is encouraging.

Yes, it is a hard thing for me but I am waiting on the Lord. And I know he will answer me and give me his holy spirit.

Thank you all….true Childs of the living God.

That is very helpful.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I’m getting sick and tired of this egocentric, pseudo christian, masturbation fest.

Excuse me.

You guys have a thread for atheists…......

Should I be sick and tired of it???

Think of it from a Christian perspective….

I ought to be sick and tired of reading this atheists thread thing and seeing it pop up so often…....but, I am not. I think it is interesting.

Regardless, if you guys all want it to stop, I guess we can do that except it sounds like an absolute hypocrite for someone to say they are tired of the Christian thread, when they love the atheists thread….

Sorry if I am wrong or I offended anyone.

I mean no offense.

peace.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Oh, please, enough with the “sorry”s. You’re not sorry in the slightest. You’re being aggressive and greedy. I”m sick of hearing you whine about who is going to Hell and who is not. We already know how you feel about agnostics and homosexuals. You’re not coming off like a young innocent in search of truth and God, not in any way.

shgadwa Did you know the Bible says every knee shall bow at the name of Jesus?