Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Don't know if I'll stick to it

Hello,again!) I’ve been on a raw diet for some time(on and off) but recently tried to lose my weight and ate 200-600 cal a day(for 16 days).These days I was eating nothing but raw fruits and was drinking coffee and smoked like mad.But other days(smth. like for 20 days) I fell into terrible bingeing on SUCH UNHEALTHY POISONOUS foods like junk,sweets,breads and diary…I don’t know..To eat mostly raw I have to obtain SUCH a willpower which I don’t posess,I guess.I know that in order to lose weight I have to eat only raw.But it’s SOOO hard for me to do it,if I don’t drink coffee and smoke.If I don’t,I begin overeating(but overeating raw food is difficult though because I don’t have enough money to buy lots of raw foods). I don’t know…I love the feeling which comes to me when I eat only raw-no coffee,only 100% raw.Then I feel like in a fairy-tale or in a beautiful dream.To speak of beauty-if I eat raw,I become really beautiful so everyone notices it.But I repeat,still,it’s very difficult for me,because it’s so!Living with people who don’t eat raw,who aren’t even vegetarians and who’s fridge’s loaded with such crap and junk food all the time-that’s difficult!!!...It just frustrates me terribly.If I eat junk or cooked I feel terrible,then begin to use laxatives like mad.I don’t know what to do,really.I would give my everything to be 100% raw,to experience this great feeling. No,I don’t want to become raw gradually-I hate myself when I eat any junk or cooked. ...Any advice or support is greatly appreciated though…

Comments

• Hi desenchantee. I know that you said you don’t want to become raw gradually but I really feel that this approach will help you be successful. You have identified that it takes tremendous willpower to be raw and you have also described behaviour that points towards an eating disorder. I think it’s time to slow down, make a plan that includes reasonable goals and move towards 100% raw in stages. You will find that by doing this, you have small, consistent successes rather than big, consistent failures. This is much gentler on the self-esteem.

I also believe that you will benefit from some professional support regarding this. A counsellor may be able to give you guidance and help you get grounded. Remember that it isn’t a race and you’re not a bad person if you eat junk food. This lifestyle is a journey for everyone that takes time and patience.

Be kind to yourself. Peace, Karuna

• I know it is hard to live with SAD people,I do that as well, but I don’t crave their junk food IF I eat enough calories and a lot of greens. In my opinion you should allow yourself a bit of cooked food if you can’t do 100% at first. I also agree with Karuna that you should transition slowly. I’m sure smoking will do MUCH more harm to you, than a bit of cooked food. You don’t need (and must not) to starve yourself to loose weight, if you eat such a low amount of calories no wonder you will fail to eat raw and binge on junk food!!! Raw doesn’t require such an enormous willpower as eating almost nothing.

• Thank you,Karuna.I think I just cannot be in harmony with myself and this world.Any problem,any slightly obstacle-and I feel like I need to do something in order to get distracted from difficulties.It’s sad but more often I do harm to myself in order to get distracted,even maybe I don’t fully realise it.I try to be always kind to others and it’s rare when somebody isn’t kind to me in response.But still,I feel so little confidence in myself,especially if there’s something wrong how I look or how I feel.I know,I have some eating disorder and it comes from the teenage years.When I was a teenager I was very lean.And then I began to gain weight.Then I was drinking alcohol(from 14 to 18 years).I was drinking very heavy…=)It’s not a joke and even my eyesight became worse.Now I’m 20 and as I recollect the past,I feel disgust to myself.Never I was conscious in my life…And now as I stick to really bad habits,I know that by this I can control my weight,my look in total.But also I know that using these bad tips I only aggravate my state because doing harm to my body it is not conscious.But there’s so much probability that I can fail(I can choose to eat cooked/junk) if I’m not conscious enough.I don’t want this to happen!I just really want to be pure out and inside.Eating raw for me it’s like making one deep breath that is eternal and makes me dizzy(in a good way=)).And that’s surely makes me happy.

• Thanx,Flybaby.I’m trying to give up smoking…)Yes,it’s bad.I wouldn’t say I enjoy smoking-just psychologically got used to it.)

• I completely understand. Sometimes the past hurts too much and you just can’t look at it right away – so you develop coping mechanisms (like finding distractions). It’s absolutely ok to say “I can’t look at that right now, it hurts too much”. That in itself is an act of taking control of the problem. Again, I feel that setting small goals for small successes will help.

Peace, Karuna

• You may want to do yourself a favor and try EFT. www.emofree.com. EFT can help you with your emotional causes of eating badly, as well as help you live more comfortably in the world. It is FREE and easy to learn, and can be done in the privacy of your home. Blessings to you!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

The best way I know of to quit smoking, is with Dr. Schulze’s Formulas. I believe he has a nerve formula that has lobelia in it….when you call ask about a quit smoking kit you can buy. Lobelia is very very good for when you want to quit smoking and the detox kit will detoxify you from all that gunk in about five days. You will not want to smoke again. I think teh formula helps with coffee too…. gotta give that up as well.

I make no money for saying that, its just great products. He also makes super food and things like that. I believe that any raw food program, should be started with his five day bowel Detox….very good for cleaning out the bowels.

People do not realize how much gunk they have in their trunk. It builds up and cakes the walls of your colon…it compresses other organs., You cannot think right, and even raw food will not work as well, if your bowels are sluggish.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

200-600 calories a day is definitely not enough…this would definitely make you hungry and have problems with overeating and undereating in a cycle. try to take care of meeting your caloric needs in a day!