I was wondering...

have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Okay, now the past couple of weeks I had been eating next to nothing. I guess my body wanted a cleanse, and now I feel great. ANYWAY, it got me wondering, what is the LEAST amount of everyday food you should eat to get all your daly vitamins & minerals? Nothing exotic, just everyday stuff, though you can include wild foods. :) I also wanted to know because I will be overseas next year and I don’t know how money, time, and availability will be. So I would like to know.

Also, beyond pumpkin seeds and bee pollen, how do I get in some decent zinc??? I am deficient already, don’t like eating GOBS of seeds ALL the time, and I don’t want to depend on bee pollen to live because I may not always have that option. So…?? (It is hard enough, but being vegan you are supposed to eat 150% DV to actually absorb enough AND I need extra to build up…)

I wish more people were studying raw fruit and vegetable vitamin and mineral content. It’s never in depth when I do find studies.

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Hey have_mersey! I was rereading Matt Monarch’s book Raw Success last night, and he talks a lot about amounts of food, but his point is you’re body is always going to push you to eat less, which can be dangerous just because we’re living in a polluted world, and the more clean you are, and the less you eat, the more sensitive you will be to the toxins we’re all exposed to. He thinks you should decrease your amounts over LONG periods of time. The book explains it much better than me. In the book he also says he takes a zinc supplement http://store.rawreform.com/advanced_search_resu… I don’t work for him, don’t worry!

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I am eating fine now. I just wasn’t for a while, which I think was both physical and emotional detox. I just meant..how do you know when you HAVE had enough, or when your body, like you said is just pushing you to eat less? I was eating next to nothing, even with pushing myself to eat, and It just got me wondering how much we need of everyday fruits, veggies herbs, etc. in order to obtain everything we need.

Someone else had mentioned in another post about how when your body is cleaner you have more of the good bacterias that help you absorb, and no gunk on the intestinal lining to prevent absorbtion as well. So maybe i shouldn’t worry so much about my zinc and let my body do what it thinks. I normally do. But I have a bad deficiency from SAD years. I thought about supplementing (even though I don’t like or believe in it), just until my levels are up, then keep them up from there.

I don’t know.

Have a happy day!