Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ghost sighting

CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

This is totally off topic, in fact I put it into “Other Stuff” for that very reason, but it seems everyone I know has been seeing ghosts lately – even those who would balk at such a thing previously.

Is it just me?

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

must be you :-)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I was thinking that too… 8O)

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

I just watched an Alice Cooper video. Does that count?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I am interested! What kind of ghosts and where did they see them?? :)

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Yeah, give us details!! I just read a book called Spook by a science journalist and she couldn’t find any proof so I’m ready for some ghost stories!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

PAXTON SQUIGGLEDY That’s hysterical. Thanks for the laugh. (There was a time I thought AC was really cool.)

• I used to see a ghost – in the miror, but that was before I went raw! :)

• I saw ghosts for many years, growing up from around age 5 to 23. I think it was the same couple of ghosts…I don’t know! My sister experienced them, too. She never saw them, per se, but she would see the crazy stuff they did with the lights and all.

Haven’t seen one in 7 yrs….but I do get strange feelings sometimes and expect I will see one, then don’t.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I used to have a life sized poster of AC dressed in what looked like coloured tin foil. I woke up one night and started screaming because I thought some body was standing in my door. My parents where ticked. I believe in ghosts. I havent seen any but I have felt them I think anyway. I have a freind who’s brother is a psychic detective, He said he could not read me lol. I have tried to get him to let me tag along on his ghost hunts but so far nothing.

... anyone have an “imaginary” friend when you were growing up? Notice, “imaginary” friends are found around the world? hmmmmm… Maybe it had something to do with an AC tour. heeheehee

I have to admit I am jealous of those who have seen ghosts. I wish I was one of them because than I could check one more “not sure” belief off my list

One of my friends told me stories about a hand print that used to appear in the basement of her old house – it was red – they kept painting over it and it kept reappearing. Stuff would be moved around and they couldn’t find it. She said she never felt weird about the ghost because it seemed friendly. Her mom had the house blessed and it stopped.

One time I stayed at a haunted inn in New Orleans – I scared the crap out of myself because I keep thinking things were happening to me and they probably weren’t – I hardly got any sleep that trip but the young woman who runs the place said that the ghost there was a womanizer and that woman often have trouble sleeping there and feel creepy “being watched” feelings and they often the ones who see the ghost (she saw him herself a few times) while men do fine and rarely notice anything (my bf didn’t feel anything). Whether the place is really haunted who knows but it was certainly cool and creepy.

• I’ve never seen a ghost with my eyes, but I know that I’ve been in their presence. Bizarre happenings have happened alone and with friends to vouch for me..such as a crying little girl in the bathroom, a kid screaming “mommy” in the middle of the night where there are no kids around…lights going off and on, a chandelier unexplainably swaying…doors being unlocked after I locked them…things knocking off of window sills by themselves…crazy stuff!

• oh my gosh fluff…that’s crazy!!! both of your stories gave me the chills!!!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Ok so my sister, who’d never seen a ghost previously, was recently visited by strange events lasting about 2 weeks. A luminous white male figure, a hand on her, rapping on her nightstand.

My mom, who had once seen a ghost when she was 22 and never since, saw a brown/orange cloud drop out of a tree nearby before dispersing. The person whose house she was at said her son kept telling her of bizarre and chilling sightings.

The mother of one of my students is a medium and she constantly has run ins with these things. She was recently at a deconsecrated church that was being restored, and up from a grate on the floor leading to the crypt came a black cloud that seemed to CRAWL. It then ran/crawled away. The whole family has stories to tell of pesky spririts in the house, but only the youngest daughter seems to have inhereted the mothers knack for seeing otherworldly visitors.

I personally saw a ghost once when I was 12 in Puerto Rico. A white luminous faceless figure standing over a child I was babysitting. I woke up in bed beside the boy even though I’d fallen alseep and watched the scene from the couch down the hall.

In Puerto Rico everyone’s got ghost stories. I mean everyone. And UFO stories too! I tend to brush them off as too much dope, but some of the stories are compelling and give me goosebumps and I personally don’t do dope nor do many I’ve heard from.

Possible explanation: there seems to be some narcolepsy in my family as well as other sleep disfunctions like sleep paralysis. I know that there can be hallucinations in certain people, although this has never happened to me or others. Plus my Mom’s two ghost sightings didn’t happen around sleep time, nor my student’s medium mother. The logical part of me (my dominant part) usually manages to find some explanation, but I do find it an interesting discussion.

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one!

Great stories guys! Of course, I won’t be able to sleep tonight – haha! – but I still love to hear about this stuff – probably because it has never happened to me. But you know what they say – be careful what you wish for. I used to watch that cable show “Haunted” – it has all these stories on it about people having ghost problems and how they tried to get rid of them. I wouldn’t mind seeing something at some time but I wouldn’t want to live in a haunted house!

I wonder if seeing “ghosts” is something hereditary like Carmentina was saying – or maybe some people have a extra “channel” to see these things and others don’t. One of my friends once said that people (esp. women) who are very sensitive are usually very psychic. I tend to have pretty good intuition and it is usually pretty spot on but no ghosts yet. Unless I have seen them and never realized what they were – perhaps they were so real I thought they were part of “reality”.

They always say if you believe in these things you will be able to see them though. I guess I am not sure yet but I think there are alot of things you can’t explain like these stories! So, who knows. I would think it would be quite fascinating if someone could unravel the ghost world. I like the idea of that other world existing.

queenfluff~ You finally got a picture to work!!! Woohoo! Many people (including me) think we are all capable of being “psychic” to one degree or another. However, at an early age, many shut down that capability. Children have innate psychic ability. It would be interesting if more were allowed to explore and train that ability.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I have always been told that it is not that we can’t see ghosts it is that we won’t!! So I think you do have to believe in some way.

I had an experience that some say was just my imagination. My middle brother died in a car wreck when he was 21 he used to joke that if he reincarnated he wanted to come back as a black lab. I was driving home from a friend’s house one day and turned down the road we lived on as kids. There was a black lab playing in the ditch and that made me think of my brother. As I got closer to our old house his favorite song came on the radio and I could swear he was sitting right next to me. I never saw or heard anything it was just a feeling a very strong feeling. I kept talking to “him” and told him NOT to materialize while I am driving. The feeling stayed with me until I pulled into my driveway and when I shut off the car he was gone.

I never had that feeling again that I thought he was with me. Maybe he just wanted to stop and say “Hi sis!” I don’t know if it was real or my imagination but I would like to believe it was really him.

• Blue_Eyes, I really doubt that was your imagination. To me, it sounds like he was letting you know he was fine and that it was okay for you to move on.

Carmentina, this topic couldn’t have come at a better time. Until about a month ago, I hadn’t seen a spirit since I was maybe sixteen. I have since then, always been able to sense their presence, to the point where my eyes will tear up, my throat constricts, and a chilling sensation overcomes my whole body. (I’m assuming that means there are many around me at a given time)

Lately I have been able to sense something in my house. I see quick flashes of black lines in the corners. Last week I couldn’t sleep because I was hearing “static” and whispering. Today, right before I opened this topic, I was sitting on my couch and I could very strongly feel something sitting next to me.

• wow. a lot of good stories here. i’m really glad people are open to sharing their experiences without shame. i guess we’ve all had to get over that with eating so differently than the general public.

ive never had any personal paranormal experience in a normal state of consciousness. one time tripping on mushrooms, i was telepathically communicating with a group of trees, or so it seemed.

• I’ve had numerous paranormal experiences throughout my life – some terrifying, some beautiful and other just plain annoying. We all have the ability to sense/see/experience energetic beings because we are all that – energy. We’re just in different forms. Children do have a more innate ability to sense things as they haven’t had as much time in physical form and thus either forgotten or had the ability trained out of them by disbelieving people around them. Even with the variety of experiences I’ve had, I no longer fear them due to a greater understanding. I also find that as I’ve embraced the raw and living diet, my energy vibrates at a higher level and my interpretation of these encounters is different. I see them as energetic beings either needing assistance or delivering a message, not something that is out to get me.

To share a beautiful message I received a couple of weeks ago, a dear cousin passed suddenly on a Sunday afternoon. At that exact time, I was at a wedding reception and met a little boy – probably 5 – who came right up to me like he had something really important to say. I looked into his eyes and said hello and asked how he was doing. He struggled for the words a little and finally said, “Being alive is good. There are lots of good things about living.” Then he went off and played and danced. I noted it as being a really cool thing for him to have said and it wasn’t until two days later that I learn of my cousin’s passing. I believe he was reaching out and felt very grateful to have been there to listen.

• my sister is being helped by a spirit of a girl who died as a victim of a hate crime. How it started is that my sister is writing a novel and wanted to dedicate it to the memory of this girl. So she emailed this girls mom to ask permission, and the mom responded by saying that she gets tens of thousands of emails per month, she opens maybe 5 and this was the only one she was responding to, b/c she felt that there was a connection between her daughter and my sister. Since then my sister has had many spiritual experiences where she will go into trances while writing, feel that she’s not alone or even see hazes in the mirror of this girl. Its been really amazing listening to all thats transpired between them; like my sister has a true muse.