Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dessert help

blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Hi everyone, hoping you can point me in the direction of some tried and true recipes for some easy to make raw desserts. I have a potluck/party Wed night to go to and want to bring something really good (it’s a raw foods cafe and the owners b-day). Something a little more special than simple fruit salad since that is what I just brought yesterday to potluck.

One problem is that I do not have a dehydrator so need recipes that do not require one. I’d ideally like desserts I can make into individual servings(as opposed to one big cake or something). Ingredients I don’t think will be an issue since I have tomorrow to go shopping, or soak nuts if needed.

What are your favorite raw desserts?

Comments

• drgonflydrgonfly Raw Newbie

Bluezy, I loved the mango pudding. I added coconut to it to give it a different twist. You could even put it in a pie with a crust in individual dishes if you wanted.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

The strawberry panacotta from this site is divine! My non-raw friends love it! I used brazil nuts mostly and it was soooooooooooo good! Also, Rawleen’s Caramel Brownie Dream Bars are amazing!!!! Both are great for Sad eaters that you want to impress! I also love the avacado chocolate pudding. You can make a crust and make a chocolate pudding pie! Yum!!!!

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I will have to check both of them out, thanks :)

I’m thinking that even if it does have a crust I might be able to make little individual size servings in muffin tins(or even minimuffin tins)

I saw the Caramel Brownie dreams, they look good too but little much for first time making a raw dessert (lol, and afraid I’d eat 1/2 of it before I could get it out the door).

• Lemon custard! I got the recipe from Carol Alt’s book: meat of 2 young coconuts, 1 cup coconut water, 5 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp. psyllium powder, 8 dates (pitted & soaked). I like to process all the ingredients and then blend until smooth. totally delish.

I don’t know if I can get the coconuts in time for this week, but will definitely keep the lemon custard in mind (sounds good).

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

These fig bars are outstanging

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/187-Fig-Date-Squ…

so is the raisin walnut fudge recently posted on this site. Both are easy too.

• Try Cheesecake!!!! Lots on this site…do a raw nut/date crust and top with a cheesecake-ness delight. I tried a recipe from this site for my raw b-day party and all my family ADORED it and wanted seconds. I’m going to make it again soon.

www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

• Sky Princess, I read your blog back in Feb. and really enjoyed your choco-shake recipe-super yummy. We have something in common-love 4 oranges!! blessings!

• Last week, I made a modified version of ani phyo’s blueberry cobbler for a fellowship meal potluck. It seriously took me 5 minutes!

1 cup almonds; 1 cup pumpkin seeds – grind ‘em up in a food processor – add agave nectar slowly until it starts to get a bit gooey. You can add a tiny bit of vanilla too – yum! This is your crust.

take about a 10 – 16 oz of blueberries and toss with a little agave nectar.

press all but about 1/3 cup of the nut crust in the bottom of a pie dish, throw the blueberries on top, then crumble the rest of the crust on top.

My friends gobbled it all up, including all the kids and I got NONE…. boooooo….

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

it’s berry season! Click on my profile and you will find some mean berry cobblers. tried and true, easy too.

Thanks for all the replies :) Lots of good things to try! Sky Princess like your blog, what great resources you have on there as well.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Chocolate, although it depends on the weather cuz since they contain coconut oil they don’t hold in warm weather. Raw Chocolate, the best recipe ever. I also like making berry/nut/coconut clusters with it.