Raw Wild Grapes???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Just wondering who else tried this blue things….THEIR DELICIOUS!!! VERY good as made into a fresh juice.

Very good if you freeze the juice too and eat it like a Popsicle…. It is a thickish juice also. Good for you, very nutritious…a little sour but I like it.

Wonder if there are any raw recipes for it….its too green right now anyway but soon, I AM GOING TO GET PICKING!

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Do you mean concord grapes? The ones with jelly and seeds in the middle? I love those grapes.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I am soon to do a video on it and post it on youtube. They are wild grapes and they grow I think mainly in the eastern part of the US but it basically grows everywhere….

They are smaller and yes they have seeds but it is not concord…those are not wild grapes.

When I get time I can google it and give you guys a link.

• Wow, I’m envious! Wild grapes sound lovely. Perhaps they are muscadine or fox grapes? I believe both are native to eastern US.

I am eagerly anticipating the ripening of my domestic grapes… planted three years ago, so this is the first year I’ll have fruit, and all of the vines are loaded with fruit – yum…

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

http://www.chateau-z.com/wildgrapes.html

There is the Link

Yeah, they are also called fox grapes…they are a little sour but taste great as juice and its VERY good for you. They are not ripe here though, still green.

The leaves can be eaten in the spring…they are also sour and taste like vitamin C somewhat…. I think it has lots of C in it.

Generally the leaves are boiled and used like cabbage rolls or something like that…..neat to get some raw food out of em somehow…?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Wild grapes grow everywhere and there are different species for different areas We picked a ton of wild grapes in Wisconsin last year and made wild grape wine out of them. And yes, they make great juice and I made jam out of them.

September will be the time when they start getting more ripe. This is our first fall in California and we are looking forward to picking the wild grapes here when they start coming out!

You can use the grape leaves too – I would marinate them first though.