Day 5...things just got bad...

CaptureCapture Raw Newbie

Hey everyone!

So my first four days were great, no problems what so ever, today, day 5 and it’s been awful. I’ve had really low energy, not enough stamnia to complete my usual work out and after a lunch of salad (lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, bean sprouts, red onion, cabbage, peas, tomatoes, apricots) and watermelon I started to get really nausous and an hour later I involuntaryly threw everything up! I fell really terrible now.

I don’t want to give up, but I’m concerned about what to do now. Just thinking about eating fruits and veggies has me gagging. Any suggestions?

Comments

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

I’m so sorry to hear you got sick. Maybe try a mono meal? Just a couple of bananas? Food combining can make you sick too. Fruit, especially watermelon should only be eaten alone. Good luck and hang in there. Perfection is not the goal, learning what’s right for you is.

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

Yikes! Ya, you should definitely research the food combining. At first it does seem a little bogus, but eventually your body and mouth will actually be able to tell you what goes with what. Any sort of melons, however, should never be eaten with anything else inside of 3-4 hours, because their enzymes and digestive properties are so incredible powerful. To really see what I mean, someday soon, do not eat dinner or breakfast the following morning, and eat an entire cantaloupe around noon. Your system will instantaneously be cleared! Clean as a whistle! :)

• CaptureCapture Raw Newbie

OK, got it! Melons+other foods = I get really sick! I never had any trouble eating melon with other food before, but I’m guessing things change when you are eating all raw!

Thanks ladies! You’ve been a big help!!!

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

it could also be that it’s totally unrelated to the food, and you are just coming down with something

No, it was defintely the food! It happened too suddenly for me to just be sick,, plus I haven’t been sick since going vegan :)

I feel a lot better now, but I’m defintely going to look into food combinning more, is there a goood link somewhere?

I’m happy to report day 6 was great and 7 is starting off really really well!!

• Capture-Here is a good link for you to check out! http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/index.html

Thanks Pulse! I’m on day 11 and have been doing really good, I’ve been eating whole fruits and veggies as opposed to making up elaborate raw meals. I really like the simplicity of just eating fruit for breakfast, veggies for lunch maybe a sald for dinner, and snacking on nuts/dried fruit. I did get a bit ofa tummy ache yesterday, but it wasn’t bad.

Thanks again for the link, I’m defintely checking it out!!!!!