Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sex drive

Kind of embarrassing.

My sex drive is already pretty ridiculous and with my boyfriend being in Iraq, it is out of this world crazy. Since going raw two weeks ago, my sex drive has increased to almost unbearable proportions. I mean, It’s so bad I feel like screaming. I’m just curious as to whether this is normal. I’m also wondering if I’m always going to be this insatiable or if this is just some sort of wacky adjustment period. Has anyone else experienced a GREATLY increased sex drive, or am I all alone in this symptom? I suppose it’d be better if I my love were here to help me, but since he isn’t, it’s just uncomfortable. Haha. It sucks.

Comments

• You’re not alone. I feel like I’m oozing hormones. The higher percentage of raw I eat, the more – ummmm, ‘amorous’ I feel. And you’re right – it sucks when you don’t have someone close by to ‘help’. Peace, Karuna

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

I think it’s common. Happened to me, and I’ve heard of it happening to many women. Gives the single person a new appreciation for sleazy internet fiction, and alone time.

You know what else? I think el-bo cited an article in another thread that says that vegan men have higher testosterone levels than SAD males. Ain’t that interesting?

Here’s to a safe and swift return of your DH.

P.S.

Just looked up the testosterone thread: http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/7086

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

I feel the same way!! I have had zero libido for the last 4 years, and now it is finally coming back.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

It’s also true for me and I’m 61… YEA!!! Life is Wonderful… GRIN

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

WATERBABY—Welcome back. We’ve missed you. Yes, Life certainly IS wonderful.

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

Hey waterbaby! You had everybody worried there for a bit. Hope you’re doing better.

:-)

Thanks guys!!! I am better, still painful and swollen but I’m still KICKING!!! And I’ve hung up the crutches, YEA!!! Still have to use the brace, but it makes walking easier!!!

• Great to see you back on, waterbaby12347!!!! How’s the corn shaving going? (I know that dosn’t have much to do with sex drive! LOL!) However, when my brother was just a tot he thought that a girl could get pregnant by eating apples! Well, maybe he was on track more than we even knew!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hmmm…. It took a thread on sex to bring waterbaby12347 back… interesting! lol Good to see you waterbaby! Congrats on the progress. Sending you additional healing energy.

LOL LOL LOL Yo’al have made my night!!! Pulse the corn is in the freezer but I’m picking more tomorrow… Oh my and Bluedolfin you sure know how to hit that nail squarely on the head!!!

ps Pulse did you see my note on your recipe???

pss I have made my first attempt at Kim Chi, it is just beginning to bubble… Keep your fingers crossed as I just can’t pay $10 for another pint at the Co-op!!!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

waterbaby glad to see those living foods didn’t do you in. To the sex thing. Am 66 and when I stopped taking growth hormones, sex became a memory. So being raw for over 3 years didn’t help the drive or even a push.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

The boost in sex drive might simply by a side effect of FEELING BETTER. Your body perceives the additional good health and sends the message: make babies! Too bad your man can’t enjoy this rapturous state you’re in! Shame it can’t be bottled and saved for later!

• I’ve noticed a huge boost in sex drive in the first year I went raw, six months later I now feel more leveled out so maybe it took that long to balance my hormones. Shrug. It’s still a lot higher than pre-raw but I don’t feel inclined to jump on guys in public so alls good, haha. It seems like more of a spiritual, passionate sexual feeling for me now. Oh and it’s amazing how maca and cacao affect me…it’s intense! Anyone else hear me on that? I’d say that carmentina is right on about it being a side effect of feeling better.

• ZanzibarrrZanzibarrr Raw Newbie

oh boy, don’t tell me, I have to be light on green salads, suma, maca and cacao. When it’s green salads I know it’s part of detoxing, clearing the lower chakras, it goes like BOOM, hello… too much. I pig on nuts and fruits to keep it at a decent level!.. But I can feel it’s all clearing stagnant stuff down there… noff- happy to hear it faded after one year! and happy to see the thread,and see that it’s not just me!..

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Thank goodness my hubs is around enough for me to get my fill of sex. My drive went through the roof on raw! But I really do think it had to do with how good I felt generally. I want to have more sex because I have so much energy. I think I already had a pretty big drive before but often got exhausted before I got home from work and didn’t feel up to it since I was tired. Not the case now. ha

• OK, I just posted something in Introductions saying I feel like giving up because I feel like crap. But it has only been 2 weeks raw so if an increased libido is waiting for me, I think I will stick this out ;o)

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

wait it out!!! My first two weeks were really rough too. I read my journal entries recently and they were like this

“Day 7 of raw…..I”M DYING HERE!! Pizza, pizza, chips, sour cream, cheese, more pizza…...anything.

I crave everything. I’m tired.”

Anyway, the point is, after about three weeks or so (around twenty five days for me) everything gets better. I started seeing results like weight loss, soft hair, no eczema, tons of energy, no acid reflux etc. Keep going! I’m rooting for you!