Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Calling All Juice Feasters!

Hi All! Im on day 67 of my juice feast. (hooray!) My friend that was doing this with me had to stop at day 60, so im on my own till the end. Any advice from past feasters? What can you expect in the last 30 days? Im looking for a bit of support- its a bit tougher going it alone.

Comments

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

I’m sorry, not a juice feaster (yet) so don’t have any advice to give you. But let me say, you are freekin’ awesome!

I’ve been trying to get my butt in gear to do a juice feast, and it will happen one day. 67 days…don’t know what to say about that except congratulations. That is beautiful.

Have you read Angela Stokes blogging on the subject of her juice feast? She went the whole 92 (I think), and had some interesting things to say. Philip McCluskey at http://lovingraw.com has also done a juice feast.

Good on ya for coming this far. It is inspiring to read of people successfully doing lengthy juice feasts. Please keep us abreast of your progress. :-)

Namaste.

• Bubbaw6-I would like to ask you a few questions about your juice feast if I may. What ratio of green to juicy fruits juiced to you consume? Has thequanity you take changed from day to day, week to week? How about water consumption? Has your taste changed? Is it more expensive than regular raw eating? Why did your friend have to stop? Sorry, but I have just been wondering about some of these things as I am contemplating trying it myself. Thank you!

• suekosueko Raw Superstar

Hi Bubbaw6 – I just completed the 92 day feast two weeks ago. I’d be happy to be your feasting support through the end. The last month I found was very easy, as the whole plan had become routine. The last two weeks I personally became almost insatiably hungry, though the juice always took care of it. I had intended to go for 100 days but I thought my body was telling me it needed more, so I did stop at 92 days. The last week I did fantasize about how I would break the fast and there is a little anxiety too that goes along with giving up a routine you’ve become so comfortable with. All in all, though, if you’ve made it to day 67, the rest of the time will just fly by. It changed my life in so many ways.

• thanks sueko! :D its good to meet someone who has been through this before. I’m starting to dream about food a bit too much although Im still comfortable with just the juice. How is the break? I think thats the part Im most nervous about. Pulse- I do 1/2 greens, 1/4 fruit and 1/4 veg. approx. The juices have gotten more and more green as I go through this. Its what i really crave right now. It can get a little expensive to do- I have been buying cases of produce to ease the cost. My friend had to stop b/c he lost too much weight. His weight held steady for over a month then he dropped 8 lbs his last week and didnt feel great anymore so I think that was his bodys way of saying enough. Hes told me that his energy level is through the roof right now, (like being on coke with a shot of espresso was his exact expression) Its worth doing for sure- I had a colonic on day 60 and was amazed at the stuff still coming out of my body. I have one scheduled for day 90- that should be a trip.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’ve been experimenting with juice fasting/feasting over the past few weeks. Just a day or two each time before eating minimally and going back to juicing. But I’d like to do something longer, so I’m going to keep it up as long as I can. This is day one. :-) (ate some tomatoes last night – next time I’ll just juice them!) Any tips on getting past day three?

I did a juice fast last year around this time for a few months and I’m trying to remember how I did it. I think I’ll just take it easy and play it by ear.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

http://realfoodtulsa.blogspot.com/

if you go to her older posts you will see some links. also lovingraw.com

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I second everything Paxton Squiggledy said. I go through waves of wanting to do it desperately but I think it would be impossible to fit into our travels. Never say never, but I’d love to hear what you get out of it!

• I would LOVE to do this… it just seems so overwhelming I guess… Do you think there would be a benefit to doing it for say 1-2 weeks instead of 3 months? Also, I am a little apprehensive about the whole enema deal. Having never done one, I have NO idea what to expect, and am a little embarrassed about the whole thing. Are they SUPER necessary every day? Or maybe I could do one colonic before starting? Have any advice?

• I don’t think you need to do an enema every day- but they are helpful esp. in the first couple weeks b/c of all the garbage thats being released by your body. I think the feast is helpful no matter the duration of time. I read that Angela Stokes does workshops on 14-day juice feasts. Its tough to fly while on this (I did it- and got held at the airport for 8 hrs with nothing to drink but water.) But if you’re driving you can pack a cooler with a days supply of juice and then bring your juicer/vitamix with you. Ive gone out to plenty of restaurants, ball games, and bars with friends and unapologetically brought a big thermos of juice with me. I have yet to be stopped by anyone from bringing it in. So i say if you want to try it- go for it even if for only a week or two- if you love it, go longer. The first two weeks are the most intense detox. After that Ive noticed some really deep cleansing.

• Day 73 and still kicking it. Although im hungry a lot more and really craving the sweet, high glycemic juices. Is this what happened to you Sueko? A couple weeks ago i couldnt get enough of the greens (although i still really do want those) but now ive developed a strong taste for orange juice. Any ideas as to why?