Bunion

My foot has been swollen and in much pain for months. I’ve done enough research to know for sure that it’s a “Taylor’s Bunion”. The best way to get rid of it is to either have surgery or to take anti-inflammatory medicine…uh, umm well, I’m going to have to say no to both of these solutions! However, I’ve been eating food that is supposed to reduce inflammation and help cleanse/fight toxins. I’ve also been looking into herbs that help with inflammation, and it appears that willow bark is a really good one. I already have white willow bark in a concentrated liquid form. I was wondering if instead of taking it internally, if I could put the herb directly on the bunion. Would that work? Now that I think about it, it probably needs to travel through my blood, right? Well, if anybody has tips for inflammation, please share them.

Comments

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I’ve heard ginger is supposed to be a good natural anti-inflammatory, I was told by a lady that does ‘stretch therapy’ was also suggested that it could be an imbalance somewhere in your body to cause it in the first place, from the way you walk. Mine’s coz my hip is higher & further forward on one side apparently. She showed me some stretches that help to balance that out.

Might be worth looking into, at least it helps stop it getting worse :)

With the ginger, she said grate some in some hot water in the morning – or however & whenever you want!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I have bunions too, but since birth I think. Runs in my family. I really wanted to get them operated, but I’ve met a number of people who weren’t very happy with the results. Like me, their bunions didn’t hurt, but afte they got them removed their feet hurt when jogging, dancing, and I’m not just talking for the first year. I’ve decided to keep my bunions until they start hurting (hopefully they never will!). Yours hurt so that’s a whole nother story. The anti-inflamatory medicine is of course just a temporary solution. If I were you I’d stick to an anti-inflamatory diet (eat raw!) and set a deadline. That’s my two-cents worth! Good luck!

• Hi chakraessence,

I think MSM is anti inflammatory….try taking some orally and also rubbing in in a gel form directly where you feel pain…MSM gel is for injury relief and I plan on rubbing some into some scar tissue I have.

It couldnt hurt to try your willow bark directly on the skin, I don’t think. Just start off at a low concentration to begin with in case your skin does not agree eg in a carrier oil/cream maybe.

I am a dancer by trade and I have mild bunions, the left one being worse because I fractured that big bone at the base of my big toe…you would know the one, the one that sticks out most when you have a bunion hehehe I should really find out what it is called…

Something that gives me great relief is a thingy called a’toe-spacer’. It is a little gel thing that looks like it belongs in a bag of jumping jacks and they sell them for old people, usually lol. It goes between your big toe and first toe and I wear mine in my dance shoes to make sure my big toe doesn’t ‘push over’ too much.

They really take the pressure off that big achy bone!

Hope this helps

much love and chookas (stage term for ‘good luck!) :D

• akshayvakshayv Raw Newbie

I have several foot issues (bunions, hammertoe, pronation, and neuroma) and it is hard to find a shoe that I can walk in all day. Well, finally I did! I have Orthofeet's grey and red pair and they look and feel terrific and have great arch support. Will definitely look in to purchasing another pair.