Raw in Seattle

Has anyone put together RAW guide for their city? Something that lists raw restaurants or restaurants that cater to the diet??

Comments

• Oh!!! Someone please do!! I live in the Seattle area and I’ve been searching desperately for raw foodies! :D

I do know that there is a raw resturant in Kirkland called Dalene’s and Chaco Canyon Cafe in Seatle…planinng on going to Dalene’s within the next month. :) Very excited. I’m taking my family. Chose it over Chaco Cayon so that they don’t have vegan options, only raw. Muwhahah!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

No guide that I am aware of. Yes Chaco Canyon has vegan options as well but it also offers juices, wheatgrass, and smoothies and is in a much better location (U-District). They have about 4-5 raw options and sometimes more. They have a few raw desserts. The raspberry tart is amazing!!!

Dalene’s is only open for sit-down meals on the weekends. During the week, it’s boxed stuff only and not always open. (check the website or call first). Their food was very rich for me and didn’t include enough veggies or fruits for me. It was delicious, but heavy. It’s also out of the way and in a mall which I don’t find very pleasant.

There will be a new raw restaurant opening over labor day weekend called Thrive. It will be in Roosevelt near Whole Foods.

For info on vegetarian restaurants and health food stores, go to happycow.net. This is their Seattle listing:

http://www.happycow.net/north_america/usa/washi…

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Washington State

East Sound (Orcus Island) RAWjuvenation Cafe – On The Go! The Raw Food Restaurant Guide 26 A mobile raw food café serving Orcus Island & East Sound area. Prepares food and delivers it to you. Contact: Jess Foster (360) 472-1102 No website available.

Kirkland dalenes (Spelled with a lowercase “d”) 340 Parkplace Center Kirkland, WA 98033

Seattle Chaco Canyon Café Organic vegan fare, including daily raw food menus. 4757 12th Avenue NE (corner of 50th & 12th) Seattle, WA 98105 (206) 522-6966 Reviews & More Info.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

thanks winona, i did not know about that place on orcas. all the more reason for me to go visit. :-)

• Thanks for the tips! I’m looking forward to having another restaurant close by!

Also, Raw Network is having a meet-up Saturday August 8 @ 11:30am at Chaco Canyon (www.chacocanyoncafe.com).