Grape Feasting

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Okay, I didn’t know what to call it… but, with many people juice feasting, I thought “grape feasting” sounded good. hehe A friend let me borrow a book titled The Grape Cure by Johanna Brandt. I found it quite interesting. My friend has done it… she ate only foods that have grapes in it – raisins, juice, grapes – for so many days.

Has anyone else ever tried it? I’m thinking about doing… just want to see if there were others.

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

germin8~ What are you trying to accomplish?

• mono-mealing on any fruit is a fantastic way of giving the digestive system more rest..and unless you have serious digestive problems is way superior to juicing for providing nutrition to the body…

grapes are great for high-water content and fibre….very good for cleaning your innards….

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I just wanted to try another cleanse. :o) Plus, I love concord grapes… I thought this would be a good excuse. :o)

• I have never heard of this done long term- how many days do you go for? Can you do it with other fruits/veggies? I love raisins, so i think this is a cleanse i might enjoy.

• My experience with mono fasting/feasting in the past was developing an intolerance and/or allergie to that particular food. At one point I was allergic to almost all fruit. I was attempting to become a fruitatarian by drinking fruit smoothies, and eating only fresh fruit. My body went crazy from all the sugar. Slowly, I’m overcoming that by introducing fruits back into my system.

So basically, I’m saying, just be careful. Be aware of the imbalances you may experience. I also know, for me, my metabolism went haywire, so that’s another concern. Know your body, know your limits.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

If I remember correctly, my friend did it for 4 weeks… maybe 6. You can’t do it for very, very long. Like many cleanses, you are supposed to take some supplements such as electrolytes. I only plan to do it for a couple days… a week max.

Thanks for that info chakra! Which fruits did you mono fast/feast with? The book seems to say grapes are very good to feast with.

• Oh, okay, a few days shouldn’t hurt your body. Electrolytes are an excellent idea, too. I have feasted with many fruits, but strawberry, blueberry, papaya, mango, apple, and grapes pop into my memory immediately. Let us know how the feast treats you. Good luck. :)