eczema and falling hair

Another question here. My neighbour has developed eczema and her hair is falling out since her mother was diagnosed with 2 strokes and Alzheimers. She is currently undergoing a lot of stress. The question is:- Are these things stress related and is there any natural thing she can use for the eczema and hair loss? She doesn’t want to use the steroid cream any more, that her doctor gave her. We would appreciate any help.

Comments

• i read the other day that magnesium oil spray can help grow hair in balding areas. i’ve never tried it, but you can read about it on David Wolfe’s site, www.sunfood.com. When i was going through a stressful time, my hair started coming out in small clumps when i washed it. i switched to a tea tree oil shampoo and gave up on products for a while after cutting off any treated hair, trying to keep my scalp as clean as possible. She may want to look for something to detox metals in her system. Good luck.

• When I first went raw a few years ago, I got alopecia (bald spot at the top back of my head). It was awful and just kept getting bigger for about 8 months. I tried some things I’d read about online (like a mixture of Vodka & cayenne, rosemary oil, and I can’t remember what else). One day someone wrote and told me her daughter had this happen and was told to drink red raspberry leaf tea. Within a week, her daughter’s hair grew back. I bought red raspberry leaf capsules and started taking them. Within a week, my hair grew back too—it started out just fluffy white hairs and I thought maybe it was just a coincidence. But it continued to fill in and grew to the same thickness as the rest of my hair.

It was interesting because I’d read that after alopecia, hair often grows in white (which mine did). I have dark hair, so I dyed it dark so it could fill in the bald spot. I figured the roots would continue to grow white, but they didn’t. After that, the rest of the growth was brown too.

• Thanks Nondairyqueen. I’ve been raw a few months and recently I am losing a lot of hair, it’s causing me anxiety! I don’t really have any bald spots (yet) and my hair is really thick but still I don’t want to lose my luscious hair! I’ll try the red raspberry leaf.

• You can try olive oil or coconut oil for the eczema, we use that here for my girls and myself. Put it on AFTER showering in warm water to soften the skin and then massage it in every night, it will ease the itching and scaling and help it heal.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

nice, I have had issues with eczema but raw pretty much took care of the problem. I occasionally itch a bit if I haven’t drunken enough water.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have a small patch of pink and scaly skin near my hair line in the back of my neck – needless to say, it has not been going away. The coconut oil didn’t work on it. What does seem to work is shea butter. I would give that a try too.

For the hair, make sure you are getting all the good raw things needed for hair. Sometimes when people go raw they are so focused on the diet that they forget about nutritional aspects. Keep in mind too that hair shed can be part of the body detoxing old toxin filled hairs and that are certain times of the year you will loss more hair than other times. End of the summer is one time where lots of people notice more shedding. I tend to be shedding abit more right now too.

Make sure you do things to increase circulation to your scalp – exercise, scalp massages.

here is a list of all the things needed for good hair:

Sulfur – MSM, onions, radishes, hemp seeds, Aloe Vera (has MSM)

Silica – cucumber skins, nettles (good to use on your scalp and hair in juice form too – I have use this and it makes the hair really strong)

Vitamin A – Arugala, carrots, Papaya (you need the vitamin A combined with the sulfur and silicon for good hair)

Zinc – Coconuts, coconut oils, nuts, pumpkin seeds

Vitamin C – Papaya, lemons, oranges (MSM needs Vitamin C to work its best)

Iron and Manganese – Onions, Spinach, Sea veggies

Protein – Hemp Seeds (hair is 97% protein and the rest is other things esp. MSM)

Selenium – Macadamia nuts, Brazil nuts

Vitamin E – Olives, olive oil, watercress

To get rid of grey hair: Copper (hemp seeds, watercress), B Vitamins (Rejuvalac, raw sauerkraut or kimchi)

• Thanks queenfluff

I’m pretty sure I’m lacking in some of those nutrients you mentioned. My hair is falling out too. I woke up this morning in a panic because when I ran my fingers through it, I notoced it was so thin. I also noticed a lot of hair on my pillow.

• my hair used to be so thick, yet years of lazy vegan eating and after giving birth and going through a stressful divorce and work load over the past few years it has gotten very thin and was falling out…I have a little bald spot in front that I can come over.

Since eating raw a few months ago, my hair stopped falling out so much, and it seems to be doing better. I’m going to try the red raspberry leaf and see if that helps it grow back.