Kelp Noodles VS Sea Spaghetti

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Has anyone tried both these? I love kelp noodles.. but just saw sea spaghetti and am contemplating ordering those instead. Anyone know how the two compare?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I have sea spaghetti. It is extremely nice, and quite addictive, if you rinse it really well and soak it for a long time/overnight, it really is a great tagiatelle substitute, it is great with pesto, and also just with some oil, salt and marinated muchrooms.

On the flip side, it also makes my stomach feel odd and bloated, so I sometimes wonder about it’s rawness as the one I get has been air dried. From www.funkyraw.com the cheapest in the world I think!

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I tried to get some of these from funkyraw having seen on a prev post but they’re out of stock!

I just zoomed round chinatown at lunchtime but no-one seemed to know what I was on about and kept trying to give me normal noodles or seaweed! :)

Any other suppliers anyone knows of? Am in the UK, so either here, or can ship here would be great!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

kminty3~ Did you find sea spaghetti in the US? I have only been able to find kelp noodles from Sea Triangle.

Zoe – is this the right stuff? It says sea spaghetti but thought it best to check..

http://www.irishseaweeds.com/shop/shop.asp?intC…

Looks like they stock some other great ingredients too.

bluedolphin & other US friends – I guess they must ship as the prices are also in dollars..

Ooooo… I like that company… It’s name is “Dolphin Sea Vegetable Company.” How can one go wrong with a company who’s name contains “dolphin?” ;)

Great Point!

I’ve checked the funkyraw site and they do 1kg packs for £29.

These guys do 25g packs which is quite small – does anyone know if it expands alot?

Just called them to ask a couple of questions but got answerphone..

Think I’ll order some, and some carrageen which I’ve seen in recipes here too

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

This place also has the sea spaghetti -

http://www.rawveganbooks.com/index.php?cPath=10…

Looks like they might ship to UK

I saw something at my WF the other day like this – I don’t think it was called sea spaghetti though as far as I can remember (although it might have been) – but it looked like this.

Good find queenfluff~ You found a US source. When I tried to find it before, I only found European sources.

Wow… it’s $22.50US for about 9 oz. The kelp noodles from Sea Triangle are $33.00US per case of 12 packages (I don’t know the weight, but like less than a pound per package). I found it at my HFS for about $4.00US per package.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

cir-1976 yes thaT’S IT!

• KrystaleKrystale Raw Newbie

Is anyone familiar with the Sea Triangle ones? I’m curious about how much those packets make, along with the expansion factor. Are they very seaweedy?

Also, is anyone familiar with making your own out of still just regular sea weed?

I’d be too scared to use seaweed from our coastline! I bet seaweed must absorb toxins from the water so must have to come from water very clean.. Anyone know?

Thanks Zoe!

I ordered the sea spaghetti & carrageen from ‘Dolphin Sea Vegetable’ might try to google the kelp again. I guess if I order it in from the states the shipping will be more than the noodles!

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Krystale…I’m assuming you meant the Sea Tangle noodles, lol. They are GREAT! No seaweed taste and very vesatile. I find them at my local Asian market.