raw sundried tomatoes

bittbitt Raw Newbie
FYI, Mediterranean Organics Sundried tomatoes ARE raw. This is the email I got: Hi,

Thanks so much for your interest in our Mediterranean Organic Sundried Tomatoes and for taking the time to write. Your questions are very important to us and I’ll certainly help you as best I can.

Our tomatoes are only dried by the sun and receive no additional heat. I hope you find this information useful and if there’s anything further I can do, please do not hesitate to be in touch.

Kind regards, Cori

Comments

• Thanks. I used to like their jarred sun-dried tomatoes (not raw, obviously), but I haven’t seen their dried ones. Will keep a look out!

• Hi! I’ve been wondering about sun dried veggies. Are they really raw? I mean, doesn’t the sun dry stuff at a lot higher temp than say a dehydrator? Maybe it’s a stupid question…I certainly hope they are raw because I loooove them!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I have read that sun drying can get higher than what would be considered raw food. I would think that if the foods are commercial, it would have to be in a sanitary place. Meaning cement floors and a way to keep bugs out. Also, what do they have to keep damp or wet air off. I wounder if these dehydrating facilities would also raise the temperature? You know, just because they are sun dried, the food may be above what we would approve of. Oh, all of these thoughts!

• nice. thanks for the info. those are the ones that i have actually been buying.

• Thanks for doing my leg work bitt! Sundried tomatoes where my next journey at the store, hopefully my local health store will cary this!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I’m happy to know about these!