Oil-Free Salad Dressing???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

OK,

I do have apple cidar Vinegar and many other ingredients to make salad dressing. I have some brazil nuts and about apound of sunflower seeds but I do not ahve sesame seeds, ot tahini. I do not have olive oil and I just finished my last avocado for the week (I usually buy at least four big ones or eight small ones on saturday).

Its not that I am trying to limit my fat intake, I LOVE FATS!!! Its just that I do not have olive oil and I do not have avocados. I also do not have any sweeteners except for cooked honey and mollasses, which I do not use the honey, only the molasses smaringly from time to time.

So, can I make salad dressing?????

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

use zoe’s cheese with spring onions as a dressing.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

That cheese calls for olive oil, but maybe you could make it without the oil? You can blend fresh tomatoes with a little sea salt for a dressing (my son’s recipe, “Superhero Dressing!” – the oil is optional). You could also soak the sunflower seeds and blend them with lemon, garlic, sea salt, etc. to make a creamy dressing – or add soaked sunflower seeds to the tomato dressing…

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

The only tomatoes I have currently are cooked or green, from the Garden.

The garlic, sunflower one sounds neat….

I saw one that called for parsley and lemon juice, I only have dried parsley…

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

use fruit! blended fruit could be an awesome dressing. perhaps a little sweetener and raw lemon, if you wish.

• I usually just squeeze a bit of lemon on my salads. Or, lemon juice and dill are really yummy!

• i just posted a dressing recipe that may work for you.