Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Foodists: Are any of you guys Musically Minded???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

This might be off topic but, HEY! Thats why its in the other stuff category.

So, how many of you guys play some kind of musical instrument? If so, list the ones that you play and how good/bad you are at it. Feel free to mention if you sing and how good/bad you are at that.

Also, I would love to hear what kind of music you play, and why you play it.. Why you are musically minded.

As an example, I love playing music to glorify my God. I play Guitar. I also play the piano and the bass guitar but my best instrument is guitar. Being a musician, I can also play other instruments such as mandolin. This is because its a fretted stringed instrument, easy for someone who plays stringed instruments.. to pick up.

I do sing (again, to glorify my Lord). But I am currently terrible at that. This brings me to yet another question… does raw food, exercise and water and all of the above, help your singing voice improve?? I think so. My voice is not as bad as it used to be, however.

Sorry for all the questions…. I would love to hear from you all!

Comments

• As my site name suggests, I’m in school for opera. I also study musical theatre. I play piano relatively well, and used to play the clarinet several years ago. I sing because its the best way for me to express myself, and I love that in performance I get to try on someone else’s life for a few hours. I am am not very raw yet (I’m planning on really jumping in once I move into my own apartment in a week), but I know that high water consumption significantly helps me sing. When I drink a ton of water regularly (like 100+ oz a day) my voice gets this wonderful “shimmer” to it, and is more… well… fluid! I have tried cutting out dairy products before and that also helps because of the decrease in mucus. I’ll report back when I actually have some experience being raw!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

thank you rawperasinger. I never cared for opera. However, some do care for it. It would be neat to hear about all the different people here. NOTE: Being different is wonderful, generally. People too often try to be just like each other. When, they should be just like God made them, different. Music, is differences…. And I like music.

Anyone else like music and play it???

I was shocked that after four hours, only one person responded.

Not that everyone else has to like what I like….. Just it would be interesting to hear ya’lls.

• I’ve sang in a choir for about six years now, and love it! I’m looking forward to singing in college as well. I’ll start singing in my room, and realize later that’s it’s been like two hours! :) I love how with singing, you don’t need anything, just you and your voice! I don’t know if raw has helped my singing,maybe?? lOl. but yaa that and working out are probably my fave things to do.. and just listening to music as well!!

• I love to sing, and so does my daughter… we sing all the time. I have always LOVED music, and used to dance quite a bit. I helped my boyfriend manage his band and we got into music recording, which I love. I tried to learn guitar but didn’t quite have the patience to get past the fingers bleeding bit, especially because I work with my hands. So for me, it is mostly just singing.

I’ve only been eating raw for about 5 months now, so I can’t yet say if it has improved my singing.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

Im a semi retired rock star. Ive played guitar for 15 years and toured with a few rock and roll/punk bands across the USA and UK when I lived in England. BUT now I am picking up violin, I start lessons next month. Im stoked. I bought a pink violin from ebay haha

• I can’t sing at all, but I’ll rock the hell out of a trumpet!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I play the violin, piano and sing. I can pick up a guitar and play a couple songs but definitely not that good at it. ha.

shgadwa-I think with raw just the general health of your body improves so it allows you to do things musically, athletically, and academically better than previously.Good thread! It’s always cool to find musical people.

I’m also a Christian and enjoy using my music to glorify God. Although I find the Christian music industry boring, untalented and generally awful. I feel it isn’t a good ministry since the secular world shuns it. However, I sing at my church because it’s a ministry opportunity and I can worship at the same time. But I generally play with groups not involved in any way with the church. Independent ministry is always effective.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i’m a singer-songwriter. i’ve definitely noticed a change in the focus of my writings since becoming raw. they’re getting more “creative,” less “complaining.” =)

i also play piano.

i play because it makes me feel AWESOME. it’s like a musical meditation. chanting is a very powerful healing tool.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

oh, and DEFINITELY vocal stamina has improved. i sometimes perform for over 2 hrs and i’m fine. i also used to get throat related illnesses a lot… NOT NOW!!!!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i play the piano. mostly to glorify my crazy piano skills.

• LOL @ elizabethh

Yes….......

Very interesting. Thanks, ya’ll!

I am not that good on piano either… though I can play a few chords.

• I rock the kazoo like nobody’s business. Tambourine, too, on occasion. ;) Not sure if raw has helped… My yoga chanting is stronger, I think…

• i love to sing the old time songs but i’m a little shy… when i can really let it out it feels good though. i also play the ukulele which is a lot of fun….

AWESOME!

Kazoo IS an instrument, though very basic…. I do not have one. It is neat though.

Keep up the music ;).

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Piano…whoohoo!!!

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

shakes13t.. i love that you play kazoo! I play/teach classical, flamenco guitar… dabble in sitar, piccolo, didgeridoo, and still trying to play some decent drums. Rhythm is something i really have to work hard at

• I play clarinet and sax. I used to play both professionally. My piano and flute are passable. On organ and guitar, I’m a decent beginner and I’m a newbie at trumpet. Can’t sing worth anything, though.

• anyone ever to have the honor of being at my house while i am in the shower KNOWS i am the king of shower entertainment. i sing, play guiter, drums, piano you name it i can do it in the shower, no pun intended ;)

• I play the violin too. I’ve definately seen improvement since going raw.