Feel good songs

blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Hi everyone,

I was having a discussion earlier today with some friends about songs that come into your head what you are having a ‘Damn I am awesome(or hot, or any good thought) sort of moment or day. It started as someone that had lost a lot of weight and fit into an old outfit sharing what kept going through her mind, but at any weight you can still have a good day.

I want to start making a list of songs to perhaps put an MP3 list together.

What would be your top 3 ‘feel good’ songs? (and if you want, why those songs)

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have two songs that I like that make me feel strong and good:

“Watch Me Shine” by Vanessa Carlton (from Legally Blonde Soundtrack)

“I Can Fly” by Louise Thomas (80s dance song)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Great thread!!!

I look forward to seeing other people’s inspirational songs. My playlist will probably be expanding. :)

These are in my Success playlist (sorry… more than 3):
    • “Proud” by Richard Niles from The Biggest Loser album
    • “Believe” by Suzie McNeil (single)
    • Anything from Paul Hoffman’s Success Songs He also has an upcoming album that he previewed that has some great stuff also
    • “Message To Myself” by Melissa Etheridge from The Awakening album

I don’t have this one, but you might find something inspiring here: Skinny Songs by Heidi Roizen.

I’ve been looking for a version of “I Believe I Can Fly” by R. Kelly but is sung by a woman (I think it was a woman). It was more powerful and upbeat then R. Kelly’s version. I heard it a few years back as one of the promo songs on PBS but they couldn’t tell me the singer. If you know a version by a female voice, oh, please post it. I would be indebted to you.

• I have a strong connection with the song Knights in White Satin by the Moody Blues…I don’t know why, but when I hear it I feel so spiritual, powerful and my whole body feels lifted, energized and loved. I also love a Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum. These songs don’t make me feel “hot” but they are definitely my favorite songs.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

if you want to feel good, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJBfM9Rph0

Celebrate by Allison Veltz

(that’s pretty much my #2 and #3 at the moment)

=)

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

Instead of a feel good song, I have a feel good band: Jamiroquai. They’ve been with me through thick and thin for over 10 years now, and I still love them as much now as I did when I was a young, innocent teen :)

This song, (Don’t) Give Hate a Chance, always makes me smile and dance and feel awesome, and the video is pretty damn cute too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB4oNiaH0Tw

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

ditto Procol Harum….
    Dobie Gray’s “Drift Away” is also good in a melancholy kind of way…
    addendum: my fav… is the RS’s “Moonlight Mile”

• Hi heyenglish!

Two words…..Me tooooooooooo!!! :D

Jamiroquai are my feel good band as well; they have raised me up higher in good times and pulled me through the bad!

Don’t Give Hate A CHance is awesome, and I just have so many favourites that i can’t really pick a few! Canned Heat is a great blues buster for me as I am a professional dancer.

so glad to find someone who rocks out to tha JK too :D :D

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Beautiful Noise by Neil Diamond Lovely to See You by the Mood Blues Can’t Keep It In by Cat Stevens