Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

everyones favorite topic: POOP!

omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

TMI follows so please bear with me… i drink green smoothies packed with greens for breakfast everyday….i eat salad at least once a day, i snack on veggies or fruit. outside of veggie jerky i havent been eating anything dehydrated or complicated in months just fresh whole foods( there was some very lghtly steamed broccoli in there and a few bites of cooked potaote but thats it ) I am not pooping!!!im bloated im unhappy….what gives? i drink a ton of water( two litres at least a day) HELP!!!

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

flax? have you tried it? like a whole half cup or something in the evening.

• The solution might be to add some fat to your diet. From the sound of it, you’re eating a very high carb diet. I usually do this too, but sometimes I get a little blocked up as well. I find having about 1/2 cup of nuts clears me out like a charm. It you don’t want to eat nuts, maybe try adding some avocado or coconut oil to your morning smoothie. Or maybe some warm water with the juice of a lemon first thing in the morning- that helps me sometimes. Hope this helps!

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

thumbs up for the coconut oil suggestion!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Try bitt’s “coconut flax cakes” – even if it doesn’t work, they’re super yummy! ;)

• I relate…keep in mind the issue could be emotional.

• denzildragondenzildragon Raw Newbie

You could try chia seeds too. Lots of recipes for them on this site. :)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hey thanks! strangely i have been craving nuts! sunflower seeds to be exact and i ate a handful with breakfast, hmmm audrey it can definitley be emotional, im having some drama at them moment AND Ill be 40 in 5 days! thanks everyone!

• Sounds like you’re having too much fiber and not enough fat. Mix some type of oil with fruit juice in the morning. Eating fruit with fat is the way to go. Also, I drink some triphala in the evening before bed. That stuff keeps you regular and is an excellent health tonic as well!

• I always add ground flax to my smoothies, about 2 Tbsps. I think they help keep me pretty regular. Dinking lots of water always help. Good luck on your journey.

bit and angie, im off flax it does the opposite for me…so i am trying the oil and seeds…i havent been making anything “gourmet” lazy i guess…maybe ill whip up something special this week!

• omshanti, HAPPY almost BIRTHDAY!!! Looks like we’re similar in many ways! I’m right behind you in February! I’ve been listening to a lot of 80s music lately though, so I’m feeling more my spiritual age! :D My first thought was exactly what others have said, sounds like you need some balance. More fat. Maybe if you journal everything you’re eating along with how you feel after, you’ll find it’s an issue of combining? But, seriously, if you’ve been craving nuts, then it probably IS fat that you need! Aren’t our bodies just the BEST communicators?? I LOVE that!!! :D

• omshanti, i have found that a flax oil supplement helps. taken in between meals, throughout the day. i like Barleans.

happy birthday!

• Flax seed can cause some problems (excess fiber), but flax oil should be beneficial. As long as you don’t mind that the phytoestrogens in flax can block and interfere with the action of natural progesterone. I try to stay away from high amounts of phytoestrogen, but it can be very helpful for some.

Personally I recommend hemp and chia over flax. There’s also sacha inchi oil which is about 48% omega 3, but I do not know much else about it at this time.

• Another GREAT way to get unstopped is a salt water flush. Works like a charm. First thing in the morning (I do it while I’m still half asleep) drink a liter of water (a nalgene bottle full 32 oz) with two tablespoons of salt. In about an hour, it’ll all come out along with everything else in your colon. You can read more about it in the Master Cleanse. The salt water is the same density of the fluids in your body so it’s processed as a solid instead of water and pushes things out of your system.

• Gabriel Cousens recommends that you put 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed in your salad every day… Also I always heard that prunes are good.. Put a few in water at night and eat them and drink the water in the morning… I also have that kind of trouble sometimes and for me 1 or 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning helps a lot…

• denzildragondenzildragon Raw Newbie

Of course, if you don’t want to increase your fat intake, there’s always the good, old-fashioned prunes or prune juice. My Grandma used to to swear by it. :D

• Umeboshi plums are an even healthier alternative to prunes, but they are VERY expensive. It is an excellent (super-tangy) health tonic that is very alkalizing and acts as a digestive aid. I picked up some umeboshi plum paste (7oz) at Whole Foods for around $8.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Psyllium!

• JaimeReksJaimeReks Raw Newbie

Chrisanthemum: The salt water flush should be two TEASPOONS! Lots of people mistakenly say two tablespoons, which I guess could work, but would be much, much more than needed. Not trying to put you down:) Just wanted to clear that up. By the way, it does work awesome:) But the first time I did it, it didn’t work, but caused on and off runs for a couple of hours, so do it when you can stay at home and run to the loo often.

poopie update: all i did was add seeds to my smoothies and salads and low and behold success! feeling way better….thanks for all the good advice… isnt it funny? who’de have thunk not enough fat would get you down! cheers!

slcogiliano and Camilla thanks for the bday wishs! I am in awe of our bodys communication skills, and wonder how i could not have heard it for so many years! noticed yesterday i ate something and felt my face tingling/itching..my face has been a little broken out lately an i thought, jeez ive been eating this mix of things for weeks, and my face is tingling and i should reevaluate this….big DUH! i wonder if we shut down due to the sheer amount of input we recieve from external and internal sourses? hmmmmm.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

hooray!!!! hope you are feeling better. I swear. this past 3 weeks of raw, I have realized that this is the first time in my life that my number two has ever been normal. It was quite a revelation!