Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Wai Diet

2»

Comments

• greenghost: I didn’t mean to start a debate (not much of one really). I personally don’t take nutrition advice from the Bible, but I was just stating some information for those who do and for those who use it in the argue for veganism.

I am sorry if anyone is angered by this discussion. It does not need to continue any further. I do believe that people should follow their own path, but it can also be helpful to learn a few ideals of others and incorporate those into our own lives. Thank you all for your great advice and recommendations.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

sorry james3112 – I didn’t mean it to you personally. honestly
    it’s just that there have been many other forums where Jesus & God have overtaken the conversation…. and there are actually a lot of atheists and non-christians here too.

• Hey it’s okay. I didn’t think you were trying to launch a personal attack on me. I have seen some topics like these get out of hand, so I understand your concern.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I’m with you, greenghost.

As a general courtesy and for practical reasons, we try to keep the thread content close to the thread title, so people can click on what interests them.

For many, Bible quotes are completely off-topic and of no interest. And once they get started they do tend to go on and on and on. Before you know it, thread after thread is hijacked by a few fervent people, and the board is not readable any more. It would be a shame for that to happen here. It’s such a great site and wonderful community.

• I’m sorry! Quick close the thread! I’ll post a new topic sometime with my progress on finding the ideal raw diet (for myself and others).

• greenghost-sorry to cause you grief. I was just responding to a point that was brought up. Many things are discused on this sight, and I was not responding as a “shove it down your throat” christian, but merely prviding a Bible reference where Jesus ate meat, and how the issue was dealt with in the old testament. That’s all. It does not cause me greif when someone mentions something about karma or evolution. I generally just see it as terms that many people use commonly and there are varied beliefs behind them. So…not to appologize for responding with a scripture, but for causing any one grief. I honestly think that there are many who just look at scripture as historicly beneficial. I am one who has faith in scripture beyond that, but as for the raw lifestyle, well, that is not even relevant to my religion. The Bible in it’s totality is not pro or con. So I guess what I am stumbling around to say is that it makes me feel kind of put up on pins and needles to not be able to reference the Bible at all. And it makes me wonder why others are always mentioning non christian religious tenants and terms without it making christians say it needs to be shut down. There has only been one christian that I know of on this site in recent times that has made a show of condemnation in such a way towards non christians and he is a youngster!

• I am sorry if the previous post is a hyjack. Anyway, james3112, thanks for posting the link to the diet. I am always interested to see new research and new diets based on new ideas. Take care!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

although i do not follow this diet, i actually think this is pretty much along the lines of what we would be eating for the majority of our evolutionary life as a species. fruit and raw meat. if only i had the will-power (or the means to have free-range safe raw meat and a fantastic immune system to fight off buggies…)

• I haven’t checked out the wai diet website yet, but I do have a friend who healed a lot of illnesses eating raw, including raw meat. He lent me a book (the title of said book long forgotten) written by a naturapathatic doctor in California, I think. This doctor ate a vegan diet and eventually went raw but found he was lacking something. He went on this spirit journey in the desert or something and had a vision where it came to him to try eating raw meat. So, to make a long story short it really worked for him. One example from the book (my fave) was he had this big boil or something come up on his nose. He swabbed some of the discharge and had it analyzed in a lab and it contained some sort of glue! He then remembered that he had broken his nose as a child and the doctors used a glue to put it together. Once he started adding the raw meat to his diet, his body pushed the glue out. I thought that was pretty crazy! And back to my friend. He had an industrial accident resulting in a head injury. He healed up after that but developed problems that were diagnosed as something like schizophrenia or something similar. He later discovered that he had a seeping brain anuerism for 5 years! After his mom introduced him to this raw diet with meat all his symptoms cleared up, he had tonnes of energy, is really grounded and basically an amazing guy who is living his dreams. He was my introduction to raw foods. Personally, I don’t really feel pulled to eat raw meat but I think each person needs eat what their body or instincts are telling them to eat. Not every body type can eat every type of food, and most meat eaters probably eat way more meat than needed to meet nutritional requirements. But thats just my opinion. I’ll also try to get the name of that book from my friend. It was very interesting!

pulse – i see your points and I wish you no ill
    I still do, however, admittedly have sensitivity to the potential of religious hijiking of a general discussion because of all of those previous threads of preaching & proselytizing.
    And I had posted my comment when it seemed like it was happening again.
    It is after all, “goneraw”, not “christiangoneraw” or “muslimgoneraw” or “atheistgoneraw” or “flyingspaghettimonstergoneraw”.
    And the person you mentioned is old enough to know better too. He’s not 5.

PS/Edit – I’m sorry if I seem (or am) oversensitive… just feel a bit of a burn from some previous threads.

• True, true! Albeit I am not preaching nor proselytizing. I belive that if someone is interested in a transformation to christianity, well, then God will lead me to them, and they will not condemn me for speaking of God. But flyingspaghettimonstergoneraw?! Wow! You made my day! :) LOL!

There is also the other issue on this particular thread. It is the raw issue! Is gone raw… gone vegan raw or just gone raw? Personally I am not totally vegan yet, but I am rapidly becoming mostly vegan. I will never give up honey as beekeeping is an interest of mine, and honey is a wonderful nutritional food!

PS/Edit-I’m sorry that there was a burn. You do not deserve to be put down for your beliefs, or non beliefs! :) I am sure you are a wonderful person, and I am glad you are still alive to bless us today with your presence, greenghost. (I read your profile!)

pulse thanks. Yes, I mean no disrespect to anyone’s beliefs either…
    btw… there really is a church of the flying spaghetti monster.
    http://www.venganza.org/
    it’s a satire site…

• Ah yes the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. A very interesting concept, indeed.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I thought you were just interested in a (raw) meat diet… and I thought, just look at the Atkins diet. But you are asking about raw meat, fruits and fats, while excluding vegetables.

Have you read Dr. Powell’s Enzyme Nutrition book. He talks about eskimos who eat raw meat. But, (if I remember correctly) they eat it after its been broken down by enzymes/organism since fresh meat does not easily break down in the body. guess So, it’s like “fermented” meat(?) I’m not sure about the rest of the eskimo’s diet though.

I knew someone who was doing research on a diet made mostly of nuts, (fats,) and fruits. Only 10% was vegetables, but those are only leafy greens. No beans in the diet. And, well… no meat either. So maybe it’s not what you are looking for, but he does mention we don’t need vegetables either. (Last I heard, he was working on his PhD to publish his research.) I’m not sure he did the diet long term, like for 7 years.

This really may not be much help… but, it’s the closest I came up with – combining both diets above. :o)

Good luck on your search. Maybe you can find out more by researching the eskimos diet.

• A true carnivore has practically a straight intestine from “in to out”. The meat then goes through them more quickly. We have all kinds of bends and loops that meat and such can (and does) get stuck in. This can lead to some dangerous diseases. Some people have had meat (has no fiber either) stuck in their colon for years. Not a pleasant thought.

• Thank you, Greenghost and Greenie. It really would be nice to read a post without having to wonder What Would Jesus Do. Guess what folks – no one knows what Jesus would do. So, if someone asks you if Jesus would order the Salmon or the Green Salad – the correct answer is, “I don’t know.” NO ONE knows what the hell Jesus was eating, though the diet of the times would certainly suggest he was eating some meat. I guess we can all assume, at least, that he avoided processed foods and ate from local sources. He probably also avoided Trader Joes, because Liviticus 9:14 says “And the Lord decreed that brocolli shall not be individually shrink-wrapped.” I do think that eating raw meat – especially when you don’t know the source – is inviting sickness. There are so many parasites and other yucky stuff hanging around meat – it seems unwise for anyone to eat it without a little heat to kill the bad guys. (And I say this as someone who has been vegetarian for over 20 years and wouldn’t eat any meat – raw or roasted.) Off to ask Jesus whether I should make it to yoga tonight…

• Nooo we already stopped the Jesus discussion! Just pretend it’s not there! I’m open to the ideals of any diet as long is it provides me with optimum health. Whether it’s vegan, omnivore, no veggies, etc.

I don’t know about the eskimo diet though.. They eat the way they do because they have to in order to survive. There’s not much vegetation when you’re surrounded by snow and ice. I haven’t heard of them being known for their longevity either.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

dagney , pretty sure jesus would think yoga is a heathen pass time! ;0) SAID WITH TONGUE FIRMLY IN CHEEK!

James 3112, i was a regular old meat eater before going raw last year, i went vegan raw right from the get go….wanted to do it”right” and frankly was disgusted with all our meat recalls here in the good old us of a. as a kid my mom never heitated to feed me raw hamburger, salted on a spoon, i ate my steaks bloody and i love sushi and ceviche…after 6 months no meat, i had some sushi less than three ounces of ahi tuna in fact and had no ill effects…i make that the exception rather than the rule, but i dont call myself a pescatarian or any such tripe if any one really cares enough to ask i say i eat whole fresh foods, nothing prossessed. jsut to reiterate what quite a few people said, eat what feels right, in the amounts that feel right, at the times that feel right…this is harder tha you think so keep a notebook handy….ive never been one to follow, but i do adn=mit to being swayed by charming intellegent people,(grin) to thine own self be true…slainte!

• I agree that testing and recording everything is the right way, but I want to cheat a little bit by following the ideals of those who have successful diets. I know that everyone is different with certain things, but we can’t all be that different! We’re the same species right?!

If I put together the best ideals of each diet, I gotta have something good, eh? I kind of want to create a breakthrough in this area and I need a good place to start.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Start with your stomach :)