Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

olive oil problem

The store in my town only has 1 type of cold pressed unfiltered olive oil. (orphee) However, I resently has to return two bottles of it and now the clerk at the store won’t let me buy any more of that brand because she thinks it’s all in my head. Even though I had a bottle at home that was empty that had no rancid odor, and I have used the exact same brand twice before and there was no horrible taste at all. Honestly, I’m hesitant to buy that brand again anyways.

Getting cold pressed olive oil is easy and there are many brands that are cheap. I want to stay eating only raw foods. Should I buy one of the cold pressed filtered brands? And if so, are all of the cold pressed ones considered raw? If the answer is yes then I would save a lot of money. If not then I might have to use a different kind of oil and it could get even more costly.

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

check with the manufacturer of the high quality cold pressed oils that are easily available, you never know…it is rare, but some farms use different methods other than heating to filter, so you may be in luck, you’ll only know if you ask.

• I don’t understand the first paragraph at all.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Plenty of online sources sell raw olive oil. I like Eliki - http://www.elikioliveoil.com/

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Most are heated during the filtering process; I like to order mine online: www.barianioliveoil.com – I’m about to order the five-gallon bucket of it in the next few weeks.

• I just found a really good olive oil at The Fresh Market. Badia a Coltibuono says they use no heat or chemicals and their website says they use organic growing methods. It's a little expensive at around $22 for 16.9oz. so I use it sparingly.

• The olive oil I buy is organic, unfiltered and says on the bottle that it is cold pressed under 98.5 degrees.

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=121121&prrfnbr=132777

• StrongAndRawStrongAndRaw Raw Newbie

I second the Bariani's! But, I purchase mine from rawguru.com because Alex the Raw Guru has FREE SHIPPING in the USA for orders of $100.00 or more. Good luck!