allergic to green smoothies!

Hi all

I seem to be allergic to green smoothies! Anyone else have this problem?

Whenever I have a GS I come out in a rash all over my face and sometimes round my elbows, knees and armpits too!!!

I have scaled down my GS to pure fruit and greens (I had been adding things like mesquite or green food powder before) but it hasn’t helped. First I reacted to everything with spinach in, then parsley, then after a while kale became a problem, then this morning orange/romaine triggered a reaction.

But…if I juice the same foods I use in my smoothies or eat them straight I don’t get any problems, even in the same quantities…

WEIRD!!!

Comments

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

Yikes! what type of dishwashing liquid do you use? I noticed that my blender has a tiny gap at the bottom where seed bits/ other nasties can get stuck. Maybe it is that, or there is a residue inside the blender that isn’t getting rinsed out?

• Can you eat the foods in your smoothies if you don’t blend them? If so, I doubt it is an allergy.

Have you tried another blender or done it at someone else’s house to narrow it down???

That has to be freaking you out! I’m sending you blessings . . .

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

also, are you washing your greens with veggie wash and rinsing them really well before blending? Some veggie washes are made from concentrated citrus, which could cause rash/ blisters, etc.

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

I was thinking of the blender thing too…

Also, do you put fats or other things besides just straight fruits and greens into your smoothies (almond mylk, coconut oil, hemp seeds, etc…)? If so, maybe your body isn’t doing well with the combination of fats and carbohydrates.

Do you like green smoothies? Or just force them down because you think they are good for you? I was thinking maybe they are stressing you out if you don’t like them but force them down—that’s probably far fetched though :)

Hope you find out what it is!

• thanks for the ideas :)

I don’t think it is the blender because if I make pure fruit smoothies there is no problem…like last night I had a banana/strawberry smoothie and it was fine.

I don’t use any special veggie wash…but I don’t rinse my greens at all, I just use them straight out of the pack…maybe that’s an issue.

I don’t use any fats in the smoothies, just plain one type of fruit and green, and it seems to be fine if I eat the same combination unblended…

• [Herxheimer Reaction] – You could be going through a healing crisis. Green juice can be very detoxifying.

• Maby it is the combination ? the combiantion of fruit with greens ? is there a specific fruit that you use a lot in smoothies ? I have found that I canot have mango with anything. If I eat it alone or with other fruits no prob. but in a smoothine with any kind of greens not good.

• Read up about [food combining]. I keep my fruit separate from other foods except for fat. Most combiners say you shouldn’t eat fruit with anything, but I find that it works well for me.

• Hi all

Think I have solved my GS problem…I think the problem lies with the multivitamin tablet I take with breakfast!!! Two days without taking it and I have managed two GS with no problem :)

REally can’t believe it as I have been taking that multivitamin tablet for years, but I’m soooo glad I can enjoy all my fruits and greens now :)

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

WOW glad you found the problem. Enjoy!!