Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I want to date a raw vegan.

Comments

• I have a wonderful man in my life who is a chef and is not raw or even a vegetarian. However, he enjoys the challenge of making me raw meals and prepares something for me nearly everyday. At times we’ll create meals together and have lots of fun doing so. He is even going to incorporate raw and organic menu items for his catering business. I know he will not change his diet, but I’m ok with that because neither will I.

• I know it’s weird but so far all the guys I met who were vegetarians, vegans or raw seemed completely unattractive to me because they lacked everyday common sense, practicality and had a certain air of softness or femininity around them. This is probably not the most correct description but it is very difficult to put into words these feeling(s). Like they were not men enough or something. Did anyone else have a similar experience or all this in my head only?

On the other hand, I find even open omni men can become quite limited, even outright disrespectful without actually realising when it comes to my food choices. I find that very upsetting because I’m long years past the ‘let’s convince everybody to eat the way I do’ phase. My favorite part was always that these guys never opened any kind of book on nutrition but they worried about my weight and were sure that children must eat meat. One went vegetarian for a couple of months but when he went back to eating meat the reason was me being so overjoyed over his vegetarianism. crazy.

There are lots of very useful and good advice in this topic, I keep my fingers crossed for you MOTH. Keep us posted.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey guys, I wanted to say that I really dig the “list to the Universe” idea. In fact, two days before I made this post, I was lamenting in my journal and randomly I felt compelled to jot down every attribute that my ‘fantasy mate,’ would have. I felt like I was being kinda silly, but you guys just gave me validation. :-)

Omshanti – No, I haven’t begun my studio yoga yet – I’m water fasting right now and felt like being in such a strenuous environment in my current state is better left for when I am intaking regular nutrients. After this long fast I fully intend on beginning studio yoga. Right now I just do yoga at home, as much as feels comfortable for me.

THANKS AGAIN, everyone.

Oh, and I should mention…I don’t just like men. :-p I’m into women too.

I suppose that makes my chances of finding a raw vegan a little easier? hehe. ;-)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Yeah, that was kinda my concern: I can smell meat and it makes me sick-feeling inside. I have very sensitive senses!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I met a guy who wants to get to know me better – should I invite him to a raw potluck? heehee

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

cherie03—yes, that is so much my issue.

My husband was heating up leftovers a few weeks ago, something with meat in it, and I literally had to leave the house. It isn’t just an ethical issue—it was a very strong physical response.

The smoking too. :(

It seems as if the ones on here who are saying an omni partner would be okay are those who haven’t done the whole move in/marriage/kids thing (dono’t know for sure of course, just saying it seems that way) ... And those of us who have are like, “MOTH! Hold out for that perfect raw vegan someone!!” lol

MOTH: whenever I visualized you with your raw vegan someone (just intuitively while reading this post) it was a female. Glad you’re open to both!! :)

I WAS married before – that’s why I say look for character. ;)

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

angie :) Yeah, I see how it could work both ways :) !!!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Thanks, Jellibi and Angie! And YEP, I HAVE been married also already, for about 5 years.

I’m actually in the process of getting divorced.

I definitely already know what I DON’T want in a partner, ha.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

I keep thinking it would be so easy to be with someone that ate the way that I do… but I just have to love my other half for who he is. We are so opposite in appearance, occupation, and thought process ….granola girl artist and police officer :) but it just works, and continues to work afte 7 years! What makes it work is we both have the same sense of humor, and love to tease eachother! Humor really keeps things fresh and alive, so even if you don’t find a raw mr. right, (I expect you will though) I’m sure someone loving, inspiring, endearing, wonderful will come along!

• I don’t live with my (omni) boyfriend, but I am over there at his place a lot. If he cooks eggs, he opens the windows. I make him vegan cooked and raw food a lot and he has those to heat up if he wants. He tries to have fruit available for me and he even bought a really nice juicer so I could make fresh juice while there.

• I don’t live with my (omni) boyfriend, but I am over there at his place a lot. If he cooks eggs, he opens the windows. I make him vegan cooked and raw food a lot and he has those to heat up if he wants. He tries to have fruit available for me and he even bought a really nice juicer so I could make fresh juice while there.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

That’s really nice of your boyfriend. My man was against raw foods from the start – he eats all kinds of crap in microwavable packaging. Chinese practically every night. You should see him go to town on a bunch of greasy fried meat. He eats a piece of fruit maybe once every week. A lot of sandwiches with BBQ sauce. It just sickens me. I don’t mean to be so judgmental but I cannot stand living with someone who eats this way. He eats like this and then wonders why he’s always sick and having digestive problems. He has no energy. Sits on the couch playing video games – his favorite pastime. Blows my mind. ::::shrug::::

We’ve always been wayyyy different, from the start, but over the years (I’ve known him since I was 12 – now 25) we’ve BOTH just progressively changed until there is this HUGE lifestyle void between us. We’re still maintaining our friendship, mind you, but I definitely know now that I will not bed down with someone who eats like that ever again. I just won’t; I strongly believe that we are what we eat and he eats dead food…so he just seems…lifeless to me, a lot of time. We have nothing in common now.

I think I’ll hold out for my raw vegan prince or princess. ;-p

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

i used to date a guy that only ate pizza and cheesesteaks. he spent all his spare time on the couch playing video games, and when his friends came over they parked on the couch too, smoked pot and cigarettes, and no one even talked to eachother. They all had terrible b.o., and they guy I dated always smelled like dominoes and sweated greasy onion smell. yuck…. just ceased to find that attractive. Wonder why?!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Wow, that sounds eerily familiar! Yep, he uses a lot of weed, which is sometimes difficult because I’ve worked hard to quit that stuff (was struggling for awhile but now I’m clean again! yay!) LOVES pizza and he smells STRONGLY of BO also – and not in a healthy ‘natural scent’ type of way either…

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

what about veggiedate.com?

I met my husband at an anti-fur protest.

• I’m feelin’ you on this one Moth. When I was maried to my husband it was a challenge having to cook two meals seeing that he was a meat eater. When I meet my future husband, I hope that he’s a vegan at least.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Oh trust me, Girls. After 18 years of marriage and 2.5 years on a raw high, I know I need to come down to meet the omni. It means falling off for me a bit, maybe it’s 2 drinks or sushi, but I’m always making those choices and it keeps me from being where my body wants to go—100%! jellibi has it all down-Yes you can have it all, MOTH, but guess what? Over 20+ years, and a lifetime, you will change and so will they, but if you meet someone who values the quality of the food they are putting in, I think they always will.

• Hello Moth. I understand totally! I dont think I could ever kiss the mouth of a meat-eater. I previously limited myself only to dating people who at least are vegetarians. But I dropped that rule after I met someone I developed strong feelings for.

We raw girls have an advantage though. We are more likely to have more confidence in ourselves. Men love a confident woman. We look better, feel better, (and even smell better) than SAD girls. Not only that, but there is a certain energy that a raw woman gives off that makes us more noticeable to men. Fellas, am I right?

So just stay positive and be yourself and the right one will come along.

• roadrunnerroadrunner Raw Newbie

Try being FRUITARIAN and get a date! All I eat is fruit! Its very hard to get a date! Im in IDAHO. EVERYONE here Ive met so far eats SAD and thinks Im CRAZY being fruitarian. Around here I get a lot of “we only live once,why not eat good food?” well to me fruit IS good food and the best way for me to eat. Im 40 in October and sometimes i feel Im just going to be alone for the rest of my life, what am I going to do when my kids are grown up, my oldest is almost 16! But I just keep hoping “SHE” will find me.

Fruitarian in Idaho – yikes! I’m impressed that you can do it! You never know, maybe “SHE” will move to Idaho :)

I have a hard time because it seems most guys think eating meat is what makes them human, or something, and I don’t like being looked at as a wimp because I eat vegetables & fruit! I guess I’m not really looking for that kind of guy, anyway – just hard to figure it out sometimes.

So Angie,let me know when you get here and well go out for grapes or apples or something! Lol! just kidding,but im serious! hopefully “she” will show up ROB

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Roadrunner – I feel you. I eat almost entirely fruit. Not a pure fruitarian, but enough to where I’d rather bring fruit to a restaurant then eat a unpleasurable salad there. It’s difficult enough with my friends going out to eat, let alone going out with someone new and having to ‘explain’ the melon or satchel of apples I’m carrying with me. If you’re ever near Boston though, let me know! ;-)

yea moth,too bad were so far apart,actually i dont know how far apart we are but still….....

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Lulush – moving to Hawaii is in my long term plan (a year from now) as well. I’m hoping that this will be the last winter I have to endure up here. I want to live in the land of plenty!

• Hi Moth, I have always thought the same thing but its so hard to find people that are raw food eaters. However there seems to be so many people that are interested in at least learning about it. I have been raw for about a year and a half now and I have to say that most of the girls that I go out with our fascinated with my diet. The last 2 girls that I have dated couldn’t wait to come over and try a raw meal. Over the weekend I had someone over for raw pizza and then we had some raw chips and salsa and she said she really loved it. Maybe you could try what I do just talking about it and having somebody over for a really good raw meal.

• Lulushka, I eat and feel better eating some fats as well (saw you posted that in another thread and just thought of it) – just do what works for you!

The person I am seeing hadn’t even heard of veganism before, let alone raw foodism, but he is so open-minded and willing to learn. He even went in a huge chocolate store the other day and harassed them (jokingly) for not having raw chocolate without cow milk. haha!!!

Superfood – That’s funny! I once thought it would be fun to have a raw chocolate shop.

Roadrunner – heehee I’ll let you know ;)

Rick – Great idea! I have had a few dates where we went shopping & then made a raw meal together. Very fun!

lulushka8 & MOTH – I have a goal to live off the land, too, but not necessarily in Hawaii…I’ll have a huge greenhouse to grow warm-weather stuff like avocados & mangoes.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Angie – I am thinking about South America also, either Brazil or Peru. It would be so much cheaper then Hawaii, but I imagine I would feel quite isolated down there.

Either way; my living situation is changing in a year or so, so I’m planning to go tropical when everything shifts. :-) I’m not sure where I’ll be more strongly pulled to.