Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I want to date a raw vegan.

13»

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

My family is all here in Utah; I may stay close to here & build a ginormous greenhouse to grow mangoes, avocadoes, etc. – or move to somewhere like New Mexico or Arizona with warmer weather but still not as expensive to live as Cali. Or maybe I’ll work on my Sapnish & move to Mexico. ;)

• MOTH- I would definitely encourage you to come down to Peru! I am living in the capital right now, but have plans with similarly-minded friends to create a sustainable, raw-vegan community with an emphasis on the healing arts and therapies. The foods you get locally down here are amazing – tropical fruits you have never heard of, and so lush and juicy because it hasn’t been flown half-way around the world! Not to mention that maca, quinoa, raw chocolate, and other superfoods are native to the land. We are looking into the Sacred Valley outside of Cusco, which is a center of energy (like Ojai or Sedona) or somewhere in the high jungle (where its not too hot). Peru is a mystical land full of ancient history and a cosmovision that fits in with the philosophy of the raw foods lifestlye. Anyway, just a suggestion! I would love to hear from anybody else that would like to know more about the country or our project, which is still in the early stages. There is nothing like the freedom on being tied to the land!!

• Agreed all in all.

I’ve often found myself thinking…I will not date a guy or marry someone who eats a processed diet! It affects every part of your being! I feel like it is the seed of negativity, greed…and so many other horrible things.

But then I realized…my ability to love and hold my heart out for people while eating raw has been SO INTENSE. I find myself loving just about everyone. All of my dearest and closest friends, whether they eat meat or not, or eat raw or not, I love them even MORE. My heart is capable of loving everyone and I never realized this before raw…

I have a friend..and he is just a friend right now…but I can already tell that if I were to date him or anything, that the rest would fall into place. And that is because we are like-minded people. I don’t want to change him, and I like that about me and I like that about him. If he wants to go raw, I want that to be HIS decision. And he is already making changes, we both are…we run together in the mornings…

I’ve realized it’s very important to have a lot of the same goals, and passions woven in with chemistry…because the rest truly will fall into place!

But trust me, I think often still: “I can’t marry anyone who’s not raw vegan! I don’t want to raise my children on processed foods!”

hehhh :)

• PS:

YES! All the friends I have are so interested in the way I eat…I just thought it was a good point that someone brought up that atleast your boyfriend/girlfriend could be interested in becoming raw by the excitement in raw dishes.

My guy friend that I brought up earlier…he totally eggs on the idea of me opening up a raw restaurant and selling all my desserts. All of my friends LOVE what I make. It’s awesome.

Definitely gives hope that “RAW” and “SAD” are NOT two seperate worlds, they always mesh into one another, bringing to life the people that are dying a little bit each day.

• Kerrycv: I’m interested in creating a community like the one you’re talking about. Please, if you have more information on it, or any updates, let me know! 

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Kerrycv: OMG THANK YOU! That was just the encouragement about Peru I needed. I had this fear that if I moved there I would be all alone, with nobody to really “hang out” and talk to. I’ve been hearing about Peru my entire life – my parents were good friends with some missionaries there. Out of all countries, Peru calls to me the most…Cuscu was EXACTLY where I was thinking about relocating to, LOL. Please let me know what I can do to help out with the raw-vegan community you are thinking of!

Megan – thank you for your thoughts. I have friends who eat an omni diet and despite my desire for someone who eats like me, I would probably date them anyway, LOL.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

meganthevegan – THANK YOU so much for your post(s)! I’ve been meeting a ton of different guys lately (guess I opened it up, cuz a year ago in a similar life situation NOTHING was happening!) – anyway, I have really been pondering what things are the most important to me in a man/relationship, and getting a little crazy sometimes. Time to think, and support from good friends, have led me to be open to being FRIENDS with all kinds of men and just letting things sort themselves out. Like-minded people tend to find each other & stick together. I once heard someone talking to a group of people about looking for a companion who has the most important characteristics, but without being so picky that you rule out everyone, and he said something like “You are never going to find that perfect person. And if you did, there would certainly be no interest in YOU.” Made me laugh my head off! He wasn’t being rude; just realistic. :)

• Hi MOTH and meganthevegan: that’s great to hear! Right now it consists of 2 very close raw-food friends and I, one Peruvian (who has worked with Dr. Jubbs) and one Columbian (who has been staying wtih an Ecuadorian family of Instictovists who also have a therapy center working with healing though game-play). We are all multi-lingual and well-traveled, so we imagine this to be a place where people from all over the world could connect and relate. Here in Peru I am in contact with Reiki-healers, bio-dance teachers, herbalists, natural-food teachers….there are so many people that work in holistic practices that would compliment each other. If you ever come down to visit there is a eco-village right outsde the capital (Lima) – http://www.ecotrulypark.org/intro-en.htm – however this one has a Hindi influence and obviously is on the coast, so lacks the abundant vegetation of the jungle/mountains. I am actually giving up my business to follow this dream of living connected to nature! Sorry if I keep on going on about it, but this is my passion right now! I actually want to focus on workshops for local chldren, introducing them this lifestyle, as along with eating live foods comes a whole mindset which could be so beneficial for children who aren’t given the best opportunities in life.

MOTH, on a seperate but related note, I read in another post how your experience with mushrooms brought you a whole new level of awareness and understanding. Ayahuasca and San Pedro are two sacred plants that are worked with commonly in the Andes and jungle, used in special ceremonies with shamans as a tool for healing and self-growth. I believe that almost everyone could benefit from the unparalled intelligence of these plants, and if you are interested in it then it could be another reason for going to Peru.

I will save both of your emails and send you any information as it develops! 

with much kindness, Kerry

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Kerrycv – Oh my, please don’t apologize for going on about it at all! Every word you write about Peru is music to my ears! I hope you don’t mind if I send you an email, asking you some more questions about the place. :-) I’m not sure what I would have to go through to move there, but I would like to begin planting the seed.

Kerry, the Ayahuasca shamans are a BIG reason for my interest in Peru. I’ve been reading and researching them and their medicine for about five years now. I have made my own brew, but I feel like I need an experienced guide to do the whole thing properly. San Pedro (beloved St. Peter) is another plant ally of mine. I didn’t know it grew wild in Peru! How exciting!

Thanks for the info…will write soon. :::heart:::