Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Maryland Raw Peeps

For anyone in the Maryland area, there’s a great potluck next weekend at Natural Zing Farm. Details are below, but check out their website for fantastic raw stuff. I heart them. :)

Organic Vegan Raw Food Potluck at Natural Zing Farm in Mount Airy, Maryland

Saturday, June 16th 3 P.M.

Comments

• shannonmarieshannonmarie Raw Newbie

Wow, I had no idea that events like this were held in this area. I’d love to go, but unfortunately, I think I am already locked into some plans. It is my husband’s birthday weekend, and he doesn’t eat raw. Do you know if there will be any similar events scheduled in Maryland this summer?

• Shannonmarie,

I believe there’s another potluck in July. Click on the link for the Natural Zing website above and it’ll give you a list of events. :) Where in MD are you? We’re trying to get local potlucks together.

V

• Shannonmarie,

I went to Northern, too! When did you graduate?

Germin8, I think Matt Monarch is going to speak at Loving Life Cafe, too. I’m going to be out of town for both lectures, darnit.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

RawVee, thanks for the info on Loving Life. I’ve eaten there before… and it looks like we may be able to make that one instead.

RawVee, you grew up in Calvert County? That’s where I live now. I basically grew up here, too. I went away to college, then lived in the Salisbury and Northern Virginia area once I graduated, but I somehow found my way back. I guess it is because my family still lives here.

We’re in Leesburg, VA… and often go to Spencerville, MD (about once a week).

• Shannonmarie, yep, I grew up in Dunkirk. Where’d you go to high school?

And germin8, what goes on in Spencerville, MD?

Flinzz78, where in Silver Spring are you?

• I’m downtown at City Place. I would love to meet some people!

I am currently in Thailand, but will be back in the US June 26th.

• Is there anyone in Silver Spring?

• RawVee,

I am from NoVa and I am planning to come up there. Do you life close to that place? greets.

I grew up in Owings and went to Northern High School. I now live in North Beach, and my parents and sisters live in Dunkirk.

• Flinzz,

Thailand? You lucky duck!!! I’d love to hear about it. SS isn’t too far from Columbia, so we’ll have to start doing MD potlucks. Have a safe trip home!

RawVee: We go to Reaching Hearts in Spencerville (not anything related to raw food). We also have several friends in MD – Greenbelt, Columbia, Silver Spring (to name a few). None are raw foodists… but I know a couple that are curiuos. One is even trying it out! :o)

Matt Monarch (dont’ really know much about him) is having a lecture in Fairfax June 30. (We are unable to attend though.)

RawVee, thanks for the info. I clicked on the link but didn’t see a list of events on the site. However, I did join the mailing list.

I live in Southern Maryland, so nothing like that ever happens around here. Therefore, I am willing to travel to Mount Airey for such an event.

• Is someone else from NoVa? I am from Herndon (close to Dulles airport)? I am planning to go there.

germin8: I look forward to Matt, last time I attendet Angela Stockes lecture. It was pretty interesting to.

• Sonne,

I live in Ellicott City, so I’m not too far from the place at all. See you there!

Shannonmarie, where in So. MD do you live? I grew up in Calvert County. :)

The e-mail I got from them indicated an event in July but didn’t elaborate…

The other event they listed was: August 16th Event! We’ll have two events in one day. First, we’ll host Laura Fox who will lead a 3 hour workshop /playshop titled “Anchor the Dream” starting at 11:30am. This workshop will help you develop your skills in manifistation. This workshop will start at noon and is $40/person. The Living Foods Event will follow at 3:30pm. Come for one or come for both.

RawVee, I guess it really is a small world after all. I graduated in 1994 and so did my husband. I also have a sister who graduated in 1997, and another sister who is a 2004 Northern grad.

I signed up for the event mailing list on June 10, but I haven’t received an e-mail yet. Do you know how long it takes?

• Thanks RawVee. I would love to talk about Thailand over some great Raw Food!!! Hopefully, see you soon.

Hello Marylanders. I actually live in Virginia… but I discovered Roots Market in Clarksville, MD on Clarksville Pike. I was there yesterday… and they have hard-to-find items like Umbe (sp?) plum, celtic salt, miso… and best of all, they have a pretty good selection or raw food (like germinated nuts, crackers, cookes) and even smart monkey bars. I loved the place… they have what raw-fooders want to buy. They’ve been there for some years now and I just discovered! If only Great Sage vegan restaurant (just next door) had a good raw food dish. Then there’s natural home next to that… and Bark (natural food for pets) next to that.

• Hello to all my neighbors! I’ve been perusing this site for a month now since going raw and found this site a blessing in helping me on my journey. I’m ecstatic to learn about local events such the one RawVee posted and to learn that there are several raw foodists in my area. I live in Lorton, Va (stationed at Fort Belvoir) and have yet to meet anyone in my daily life that lives the raw food lifestyle (though I am working my hardest to convert some). Thanks for starting this post RawVee, and thanks to all the goneraw posters that have been silent assistants in helping me down this path. Blessings!