Hot spice Serrano/Jalapeno can we eat?

Hi dear RAW friends! I am raw – almost for 3 months and today eating spices, natural for me in my salad, my husband asked me if is Jalapeno e Serrano or any kind of pepper in a fruit stage, we can eat! So i am here to ask! Does anyone know about?

Comments

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

Absolutely!

:-)

I think they need to be ripe, though. I have seen people put bell peppers in smoothies.

• definitely! most spicy foods (peppers, ginger, horsradish) are quite medicinal. they balance blood sugar, promote blood flow, and are often anti-bacterial.

just dont overdo it.

• I love hot peppers so if you have recipes to share, I’m excited!!! Peace, Karuna

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I’ve been eating spicy all week! My boyfriend laughed when I told him I was craving spicy foods, so that was my body telling me I needed to eat some hot peppers. He can’t really complain though. He loves spice even more than me!

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

spicy is nice-y!!! :)

• so nice you all answer! thanks! first, many years ago before RAW time in my life, someone told me that my smile as my happiness are something very light and that only people who eats hot pepper as Serrano and Jalapeno have! This stay as a point to be analyze! Years later, my dad had cancer and i stay with him at Intensive Care for a night and bought some very interesting magazines that are only about spices – medicinal herbs, kind of! They had an articule about pepper that is proved that hot spice pepper contain CAPSAICINA (this in portuguese as i dont know how to write in english!) that activate all endorphines and that the one that eats hot pepper always smile the smile that come from the soul because they are always happy and never will be depressed! This was the best i could read at the moment and as before I always include a fruit cut on the plate as part of my salad at lunch! Since than, now 10 years, my dad and me eat out hot spice chili pepper 2 a day: mixed in salad, in the vegetable juice with carrot, celery, tomato, cucumber, parsley, 1 garlic clove and my colorful pepper that i go to the garden to pick up! i will post a picture! So if anyone need more about pepper, can post – in Brasil where i am from, living in Miami for 10 years – we eat many different kind of hot peppers – beside different kind of bananas (parox. 7 different kind) – limes/lemons/orange citrus! amazing! I LOVE HOT SPICE PEPPER! the fruit!

• Karuna i put my juice recipe so that you can check! it is really very delicious! try it and let me know! The name is Veggie Fusion Juice!

• I can’t WAIT to try it. Thanks very much :D Peace, Karuna