Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Favorite Raw Book

jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

What is your favorite raw book (either an uncook book, nutrition book, or someone writing about their experience with raw- or all of the above) and why?

Comments

• iknikn

My all time favorite book is Prescription for Nutritionlal Healing. It is like a “bible” to me. I always go back to it for references. It helped me heal my kids, family manbers, friends many times.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

I love the Green Pharmacy!!! because it gives great advice on herbs for health and it is put together very well. you can get it for less than $1 from half dot com

• Raw foods made easy for 1 or 2 people by jenny cornbleet. It was how i got started into it and is the most used, stained and dog-eared book on raw i have.

• The Living foods lifestyle by Brenda Cobb (I think she may have been a student of Ann Wigmore) – first book my mom gave me to introduce the concept – very inspiring and a must read for anyone needing to know why we eat this way, the exceptional benefits it has to offer and the essential living foods recipes no raw foodist should be without ie.. energy soup, vegekraut, rejuvalac – YUM

• 80/10/10

• I love Ani’s Raw Food Kitchen.. It has easy recipes and she talks a lot about the journey… Also, Rainbow Green Live-Food Cousine by Gabriel Cousens.. I don’t know.. I have about 7 uncook books and I love a little thing about them all…

• TzefiraTzefira Raw Newbie

I love Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe…. always go back to it for info. Green for life is my second fav :)

• brigette mars’ “rawsome” was very good for me, i think she has the most helpful and informative sprouting chart i’ve come across. also the books by the boutenko kids, “eating without heating” and i think the new one is called “fresh”. wonderful recipies and both titles also touch on fermentation, another good topic. anything by victoria boutenko…..she has such a warm, mama style of writing backed up by years of experience and determination. all of her books are very comforting and inspiring.

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

heartbrooklyn, I just read Fresh by Sergei and Valya last night. I loved it. They are both so wise.

the Boutenko family is just so inspiring. I went to Ashland last weekend and I just kept praying to run into one of them around town ;) I didn’t, but it was so fun anyway. The Ashland food co-op is amazing! So many raw foods to choose from!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

besides the goneraw.com? Ha ha! Honestly I come here for recipes and advice first!

For “cook” books, I have Alissa Cohens Living on Live Foods. It has many recipes and also her story on going raw, raw lifestyle tips etc. It is really like two books in one.

That would probably be one my mainstay books.

Other than that I like my “How We All Went Raw” by Top Raw Men. And “The Complete Book of Raw Foods” and Cafe Gratitudes Book.

I like David Wolfe Eating For Beauty for raw beauty info.

• I have so many raw books – I went a little crazy on amazon when I first started the lifestyle. However, I’m in the middle of reading the china study now. I know it’s not a strictly raw book – but the science in it is so well founded (as compared to things like David Wolfe – where I believe him, but I’m not seeing anything too scientific to back it up (what are those photographs meant to really prove??)). With the China Study, I feel like I finally have real facts to point to when convincing my boyfriend that he should not eat steak. For strictly raw books – I am partial to Natalia Rose’s Raw Detox book. It was my first, and I just loved how she set things out and made it seem practical to transition to raw foods. I also love Sarma’s book and Charlie Trotter and Roxanne Klein’s books just because they are so beautiful. For information, I liked reading Green For Life for more smoothie facts and recipe ideas.

• I love “Raw Food Real World”...it was the second book that got me into it…but my absolute very very favorite that not many people have heard of!!!! IS….drumroll…”Recipes to Rejuvinate your life” by Serene Allison. It is incredible and oh-so fun to read…very scientific and inspiring. Mwah!

• After reading tons of books and info it has to be Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko. If that book does not inspire you and put you on the right track, I don’t know what would.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Juliano’s ‘Raw’, ‘Raw Food Real World’, and Victoria Boutenko’s books.

• Living Cuisine by Renee Loux Underkoffler- lots of info!

• I only bought a couple of books, Juliano’s Raw, and Ani Phyo. I used to use one for different recipes, I found Ani’s simpler with less ingredients… but it has way too many nuts, like almost every recipe! I’ve used goneraw.com recipes a lot instead of books.

My daughter is allergic to nuts and sesame seeds, so she has been experiencing some hive outbreaks since I started introducing them back into my diet (they hadn’t been in the house for years!). Since discovering 80/10/10, and my friend just sent me that book, I’ve decided I don’t need to use nuts nor sesame anytmore, and I plan to slowly use them up and not buy them anymore.

Now that I have the hang of things, I’m kind of just making it up as I go along, with salad combinations, green smoothies, and simple dips/sauces.

Do any of the books you mentioned, aside from 80/10/10, have a good variety of recipes that don’t involve nuts?