Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

FDA Unleashes Radiation on Spinach, Lettuce; FDA Plots to Sicken Consumers with Malnutrition

Comments

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

I wouldn’t talk about it at work. The problem is, 99% of people are so hopelessly brainwashed, they’re not going to care about (or understand) what you’re saying, and if they do, they’ll forget about it in two days, and go back to watching the Olympics.

I’m having a hard enough time just trying to wake up my family.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Oh yeah, people are brainwashed. I posted a link to that article on a non-raw forum because I wanted to inform some people – I actually GOT BASHED for being “afraid of radiation!” People were happy to let the government protect them from evil e-coli…

It really shook me up a bit – I realized then what type of world I was living in.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

BLUE EYES I don’t know if this helps you but I felt that way and I wrote something about it on the Power of Now thread earlier. I only started feeling better about the same thing you are talking about after finishing the first chapter and thinking about what Tolle wrote. There are people thinking just like we have and they also see things changing for the worse, As they see these changes, it makes them look for ways to be better. I know I have been mortified by how the world has been going down the tubes but I try to find ways to make it better, I have met lots of people who feel the same way so i do think some of us are starting to wake up.

You may want to peek back to the Power of Now thread and see if anything there on the topic helps you feel better or gives you something to think about.

I’m sorry about you’re job. Don’t you work with some hyper-religious types? (I’m not sure if that was you or not).

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Family, I wish I could wake them up. Those that are left. My sister died on Dec 1st 2004 from cancer, she gave up because her son died in a car reck 5 years earlier, My father died of cancer 3 months later. My Mother is a mircle to still be breathing she has emphysema and heart diease and is in the hospital 3 times a month. and My Brother is just started Chemo this week for cancer. I asked him to try to start eating right and his reply was I hate fruits and vegetables. I will have one brother left and he is 11 year younger than me and a cop I am always afriad of what will happen to him. It is like standing on the shore and watching everyone you love drown and there is nothing you can do.

Yes I work with very hyper-religious people. But I would say they are “hiding behind the cross” But I am planning my escape!!

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! How can this be happening? Oh well, what can I do about it? Nothing, to stop it that is. So what do we eat now? Just what we can grow, like some of you were saying?

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

Blue_Eyes, get your brother to watch “A World Without Cancer: The Story of Vitamin B17” http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4312930…

The foods that contain B17 are staples of the raw food diet: http://www.vitaminb17.org/foods.htm

Here’s the story of Jason Vale, who healed his cancer using B17: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmkkwBTqVPc

“Crazy Sexy Cancer” is another good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmjcKqXHJSM

It’s a documentary about a girl who healed her cancer with raw foods. ;-)

Maybe if he sees proof, he’ll be more receptive.

• superkat92: Farmers Markets are a wonderful resource if you have them in your area! As was said before, buying it directly from the farmer in your area makes it local, and cuts down on the chances dramatically of being irradiated :)

I also like what Kevlar said: Dont be afraid – Be prepared. Learn everything you can on how to be self-sufficient in your home.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

this just in … NaturalNews.com printable article Originally published August 22 2008 FDA Unleashes Mass Irradiation of Spinach, Lettuce and Other Vegetables by Mike Adams (see all articles by this author)

(NaturalNews) The FDA has announced that beginning today, spinach and lettuce sold across the United States may now be secretly irradiated before it reaches grocery store shelves. What’s “secret” about it? The FDA previously decided that irradiation warning stickers would not be required on any food items because it would be “too confusing to consumers.” (The word IRRADIATION apparently has too many letters to be understood to food buyers.) Thus, irradiated foods will not be labeled as such, and consumers are going to be left in the dark about all this (except for those who actually eat the irradiated food, in which case they will glow in the dark).

The FDA, of course, insists that the levels of irradiation used to kill e.coli will have no effect whatsoever on the nutritional value of the food. This astonishing statement comes from an agency that doesn’t believe food has any nutritional value in the first place, so lowering the value to zero by destroying all the phytonutrients does not, in the opinion of the FDA, alter its nutritional value at all. Thus, destroying all the anti-cancer nutrients in a head of broccoli merely brings that broccoli into “compliance” as a non-functional food, according to the FDA.

Radiation, of course, destroys delicate phytochemicals in plants—the very phytochemicals protecting consumers against cancer, heart disease, high cholesterol, inflammation and other diseases. Microwaving broccoli, for example, destroys up to 98% of its anti-cancer nutrients. (The FDA has not yet acknowledged this scientific fact, either.) In a similar way, irradiating food destroys much of its nutritional content, including vitamins, carotenoids, anthocyanins and other delicate protective nutrients that are right now providing the last, desperate nutritional defense against the American diet of meat, milk, fried foods and processed junk.

Irradiating fresh produce will leave the U.S. population is a state of extreme deficiency in protective plant-based nutrients.

Does the FDA plan to destroy the health of the U.S. population? Many people suspect that’s what the FDA really wants. A nutritionally-deficient, disease-ridden population would mean a windfall of profits for the FDA’s buddies in Big Pharma—the folks who sell patented medications at monopoly prices. With the food supply destroyed by radiation, ordinary people would have virtually no remaining sources of protective phytonutrients!

In promoting this food radiation policy, the FDA has accomplished what all the terrorists in the world could not: The mass irradiation of the U.S. food supply—much like setting off a dirty bomb over the nation’s farms (but with less radiation). This destruction of the nutritional value of the food supply is a far greater threat to the health of the U.S. population than any terrorist event, including 9/11. And yet it is being done by our own people, TO our own people, by a lawless agency that answers to no one. FDA officials are not voted into office by the People; they are appointed by politicians. They answer to no one, they refuse to follow federal law, and they operate as tyrants over a quarter of the U.S. economy.

And now they have taken it upon themselves to destroy the national food supply.

We should be more than just alarmed—we should be outraged! The FDA has committed an act of war against the People. With this decision, the FDA has firmly positioned itself as an enemy of the People, and a bringer of death and disease to the nation. Why are our elected representatives in Washington allowing this madness?

Think about this: If the FDA has its way:

• All your food will be irradiated, pasteurized or killed • All your children will be vaccinated • All your medicine will be based on pharmaceuticals • All your free speech about health will be suppressed • All informative labeling on food and supplements will be outlawed • Growing and selling non-irradiated garden vegetables will become a crime!

Today it’s spinach and lettuce; tomorrow it’s all fresh produce Don’t think the FDA will stop with spinach and lettuce, either. They’re already talking about irradiating tomatoes, peppers and onions. Before long, radiation could become mandatory for ALL fresh produce, and all the fresh fruits and vegetables that are supposed to contain health-protecting nutrients will be transformed into sterile, inert plant mass with no health benefits at all. (Brilliant scam, huh?)

This is by design. I believe the FDA wants the American public to be sickened and diseased. Why else would they ban Free Speech about healing foods like cherries, broccoli and garlic? Why would they outlaw the selling of herbs and nutritional supplements that claim to treat and prevent disease? The FDA wants you to be sick, enslaved and medicated, and irradiating the food supply is the quickest way to accomplish that.

He who controls the food controls the People.

He who destroys the food can profit from the People’s sickness.

The FDA’s crimes against humanity In pushing this radiation agenda, the FDA is committing a crime against humanity—a nutritional atrocity that violates fundamental human rights. And yet the FDA’s top decision makers continue to operate with zero oversight and zero accountability. They make decisions in a corporate-sponsored vacuum, absent any input from reasonable, health-conscious consumers or scientists. And because they have been granted tyrannical powers by Congress, the FDA operates above the law.

It is not subject to any laws whatsoever; not even the U.S. Constitution which is supposed to protect the People’s right to “Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness” (as stated in the Declaration of Independence).

The mass irradiation of the food supply is a violation of the “Life” part of that phrase, wouldn’t you agree? If we can no longer buy nourishing foods with their nutrients intact, then we are all doomed to degenerative disease and death… but not before paying out our life savings to doctors, drug companies and hospitals. That’s the evil genius of the food irradiation plot: It kills you slowly, at just the right pace to drain your bank account before you expire from malnutrition.

I truly believe this irradiation of the food supply is the beginning of the end of America. No nation can survive the destruction of its food supply. The FDA is dooming America to a slow, painful, medicated death. In a generation, this nation will be lost, destroyed from within by short-sighted tyrants who violated nature and left the People to rot.

What you can do right now to fight this latest transgression by the FDA For starters, you can:

1) Grow your own food. A little gardening is good. Grow whatever you can, even if it’s just a few kitchen herbs.

2) Buy your food at farmer’s markets, coops and CSAs. See http://www.localharvest.org/csa

3) Ask your grocery store if they are buying irradiated spinach. If they don’t know, demand they find out!

4) Raise hell with your Senators and Congresspeople, demanding they pass new laws protecting consumers from the FDA and its plot to destroy the nutritional value of the food supply.

Also, listen to two podcasts I’ve posted on this topic. The first was recorded several months ago, where I publicly predicted the FDA would do exactly what we’re seeing right now. Listen to that podcast here: http://www.naturalnews.com/Index-Podcas...

The second podcast was just posted today. I recorded it right before writing this article. It goes into much greater detail about the FDA’s plot to destroy the health of the U.S. population. You can listen to that here: http://www.naturalnews.com/Index-Podcas...

Finally, don’t stand for this food supply madness! Raise your voice. Write your local paper, call your representatives in Washington and tell them you strongly oppose the irradiation of the food supply. Teach people about phytonutrients. And stay tuned to NaturalNews as we continue to cover this important story.

The FDA has gone mad. Criminally mad. It is an agency that will literally kill you if given the chance, and it is up to all of us to stop this madness before we lose our health, our children and our very nation.

All content posted on this site is commentary or opinion and is protected under Free Speech. Truth Publishing LLC takes sole responsibility for all content. Truth Publishing sells no hard products and earns no money from the recommendation of products. NaturalNews.com is presented for educational and commentary purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice from any licensed practitioner. Truth Publishing assumes no responsibility for the use or misuse of this material. For the full terms of usage of this material, visit www.NaturalNews.com/terms.shtml

• This is the FDA’s report:

Irradiation: A Safe Measure for Safer Iceberg Lettuce and Spinach

Printer-friendly PDF (346 KB) Cover page of PDF version of this article, including photos of spinach and iceberg lettuce.

On August 22, 2008, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a final rule that allows the use of irradiation to make fresh iceberg lettuce and fresh spinach safer and last longer without spoiling.

Irradiating fresh iceberg lettuce and spinach will help protect consumers from disease-causing bacteria. Infections from bacteria such as Salmonella and Escherichia coli O157:H7 (E. coli) continue to be a public health problem in the United States. Illnesses from these bacteria range from uncomfortable symptoms to life-threatening health problems. Severe illness from E. coli, for example, can lead to kidney failure.

In addition to controlling harmful bacteria and other microorganisms, irradiating fresh iceberg lettuce and fresh spinach will allow the greens to keep longer without spoiling.

The foods affected by the final rule are

• loose, fresh iceberg lettuce and fresh spinach
    • bagged iceberg lettuce and spinach

Irradiation and Safety

Irradiation (also sometimes termed “ionizing radiation”) is a process of treating products with a measured dose of radiation. Food irradiation is not new. FDA has conducted irradiation safety evaluations for more than 40 years and has determined the process to be safe for use on a variety of foods.

After studying the safety of irradiating fresh iceberg lettuce and fresh spinach, FDA has determined that these greens, when irradiated under the conditions specified in the final rule, retain their nutrient value and are safe to eat.

FDA considers irradiation a complement to, not a replacement for, proper food-handling practices by producers, processors, and consumers. Irradiation is an additional tool that may be used to reduce the levels of disease-causing microorganisms on fresh iceberg lettuce and fresh spinach.

Irradiation does not take the place of washing. FDA continues to recommend that consumers wash fresh and bagged produce before eating unless the packaging specifically states that the product has been prewashed. Irradiation of Other Foods

Many foods are already permitted to be irradiated to control bacteria and keep the foods longer without spoiling. For example, FDA approved the irradiation of red meat in 1997 after reviewing numerous scientific studies conducted worldwide on the effects of irradiation on various meat products. Other examples of foods that may be irradiated to kill microbes include spices, poultry, and molluscan shellfish (such as oysters, clams, mussels, and scallops).

FDA has previously allowed lettuce, spinach, and some other foods to be irradiated to kill insects or to slow spoilage. However, the doses used for these purposes are lower than what is required to kill most disease-causing bacteria. How Will I Know if My Fresh Iceberg Lettuce or Spinach Has Been Irradiated?

Irradiation of iceberg lettuce and spinach is voluntary on the part of food processors. FDA requires that foods that have been irradiated bear the “radura” logo along with the statement “Treated with radiation” or “Treated by irradiation.” FDA’s Role in Safe Irradiation of Food

FDA regulates sources of irradiation (the equipment used) for foods as “food additives” that require approval before being allowed on the market. FDA approves a source of irradiation for use on food only after it has determined that irradiating the food is safe at a maximum dose specified by FDA. The agency continues to evaluate the safe use of irradiation in additional foods.

This article appears on FDA’s Consumer Health Information Web page (www.fda.gov/consumer), which features the latest updates on FDA-regulated products. Sign up for free e-mail subscriptions at www.fda.gov/consumer/consumerenews.html. For More Information

FDA’s Fact Sheet on Irradiation dms/irradlet.html”>http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/dms/irradlet.html

• As was stated in another topic, sometimes the people who release those emails over exaggerate things to make people scared that ALL food is going to be like that.

But according to the FDA, they are not requiring ANYONE to irradiate, they are just saying it is okay if people would like to do this. That means most of the organic companies your buying your veggies from more than likely WILL NOT do this.

The same rules apply to meat. It is allowed to be irradiated, but only appx 20% is really irradiated.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

NaturalNews.com is not being accurate. They are blending truth and fact with exaggeration and lie. There is no way to fight government and Big Pharma if you can’t even be bothered with listening to the source of a problem. To lie is wrong. To instill fear and terrror in the guise of information in order to gather a following is morally reprehensible.

I’m absolutely shocked only a couple of people bothered to get off their duffs to go read up on this latest FDA nonsense. If you really want to fight something, you must educate yourselves and not give in to fear mongering. Recognize who is righteous and who is interested only in having company to feel their fear with them.

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

I agree with TomsMom.

Besides, the truth is already scary enough.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

Yes, I suppose I should educate myself so I am prepared. I had no clue about this till I saw it on here.

• This documentary may seem unrelated, but it does talk about Codex Alemtarius in it, and more importantly, it suggests what we as individuals can do to change things in our world in a very empowering, positive, and uplifting manner, since some people here are asking what are things we can do to create a better world for ourselves, basically. There is really only one true, empowered, POSITIVE solution. There are many surface, temporary, and shallow reactions though. It’s time for us to find the ultimate solution to suffering and harm.

“Esoteric Agenda”http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-603044…

2 hrs, but worth it. Parts of it may be hard to want to watch or consider, but just see it out to the end. Don’t think you know what it is about or saying until you’ve watched the WHOLE thing as the ending may surprise you. Unlike some similarly related docs, it offers a very uplifting, empowering, and positive solution to it all.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I can certainly understand skepticism when you read one side of an argument as an exaggeration of their opponent’s argument. However, that recognition is just one step when making a critical review.

If you want to understand how and why our food supply is being manipulated, a snapshot of the FDA’s expressed policy on any given day is not going to provide you that absent their policy changes overtime or their movement on the long-term goals of other interests like Codex. How often has a government press release been nothing more than propaganda?

There was a time many years ago when consumers and health activists, accused then of fear mongering, expressed concern that the FDA was allowing the nutritional content of food to be severely compromised. Today, you have pay a premium and look for food that is specifically certified organic to know it was what – grown as nature intended and not nutrient deficient, treated with poisons or genetically modified to what end. I bet those early “alarmist” never thought it would get as bad as it is today.

Volunteer irradiation today is the first step and, given the current economic climate, the smartest way to move most or all producers to mandatory future irradiation. First, the administration substantially cut food inspectors in both the FDA and USDA, which was reported on TV and radio by different consumer agencies. Who would have imagined such a thing could result in a string of food-born illnesses? Media coverage alarmed consumers and producers/distributors/retailers had significant final losses. The risk managers for the largest producers/distributors/retailers will demand irradiation and offer premium discounts for protection from liability or loss, which they have already experienced by selling a suspected product like spinach, tomatoes, or peppers. Some volunteer irradiation will begin now but we won’t know which ones because the products will not be labeled. This sets the precedent and before long the FDA and insurance carriers will demand irradiation.

So what do you think the FDA eats? Do they believe their own lies or do they have the best food for themselves???

Kevlar thanks for the tips I will be checking that out. I have heard of B17 before.I can run it by my brother but what he will try I can’t say

Meditating always appreciate Your help. You do inspire me!!

Thanks to everyone

• I’ve had this feeling in my gut that something horrible is going to happen soon. I haven’t been able to explain it too well, but when I do I always bring up the fact that we are suffering an epidemic in our country of ignorance, obesity, and susceptibility to manipulation. (weather from the media, businesses, or someone you may or may not know)

I feel like the corruption is far more out of control than I can begin to comprehend, let alone people who have no light on the topic. I mean I can’t blame people for being oblivious to the world. The way schools are designed today are to teach minimal useful information, to think one way, and many times when you outside the box you’re attacked. Not only that, but the fact that students can learn nothing, do zero work, and sleep in class yet these same kids are walking down the isles with diplomas. On top of that, media has trained us to be so impatient with the way everything has to be so fast paced if the tv screen doesn’t change every 3 seconds you get bored with it. This society has trained us to be ignorant, to learn how to miss the details, no matter how obvious they may be.

So, I do agree that the government is infecting the crops so people will want their food irradiated. Because the FDA is idolized in our culture the “Average American” will believe that produce can only be safe if it’s treated by these means. Which all goes back to the fact that our country is ran by the medical industry. Why keep people sick? Well if somebody is sick they’ll go to the doctor. Doctor prescribes medications that mess up one’s immunity and overall health, so they continue to repeat the cycle. Visit after visit, drug after drug. More money for your insurance company, more money for your doctor, more money for the pharmacies, and guess who else benefits, that’s right the damn FDA!

Of course the FDA wants to malnourish us. It’s all BS. Plus upon all this, I think we’re headed toward a world war and within five years we’ll undergo a depression. Things are shady and I feel they’re just going to get worse. Maybe I’m a bit crazy, maybe I’m paranoid, but dang it I feel something is extremely off. Plus I have been having night terrors, I have never had these in my life and the past week it’s been horrifying dreams and night terrors! I really feel nature is trying to tell me something!!

I don’t know if any of you believe in talking to spirits of those that have left this realm. But my sister had a friend in California that said she could (actually she is from Illinois and grew up with us) any way after my Nephew died she told my sister that she had a message from him. My sister did not tell me everything he said but the one that sticks in my head the most is that my sister and nephew used to stay up and watch lots of scary movies. he said that what he sees now (down on earth I take it) is scarier than any movie he had ever seen. Reality is scarier than any movie.

any thoughts on that? could there be a connection. not trying to convince anyone on the subject just think it interesting.

• Blue Eyes- I have no doubt whatsoever that we are able to communicate with others in differnet “realms” and forms. It makes a lot of sense when you start looking past the limited perception of what is supposedly “real” or possible that we have been spoonfed in our culture since we were babies.

Although it is good and well to be prepared for things and, of course, to definitely to be aware of what is really happening, it seems to me that most of these posts are focusing on the negative and fear side of what is happening. That is understandable as it can look quite scary to us. But we will NOT change things by focusing our thoughts on the fear aspect side of of what is taking place. The opposite will happen- we will only strengthen them and their negative agenda! They WANT us to be in fear, those of us whom they know we know of what they are doing. Our fear feeds their energy and weakens our own innate power to realize that WE control our world and can stop them in the end. We give away our power, in other words, by feeding into the fear. That is not to say to bury our heads in the sand and pretend it is not happening! It means to realize what they are doing and keep it in our peripheral vision, but to focus our main attentions on thinking about what a new and better world wil be like, what it will feel like to live in harmony with each other, with no suffering, antagonism, hatred, competition, etc. That is how we will change ourselves, thereby changing the world. Repeating old patterns of thinking only repeat the same problems (eg: anger, phyiscally fighting, blaming, and seeing ourselves as seperate from others is the old mentality we have lived in for thousands and thousands of years now!). This is time for new ways of thinking and reacting/not reacting! We have to start with our individual self. Then our outer world cannot HELP but change when we individuals have changed.

I highly recommend watching the link I posted in my previous thread (the ending is uplifting and empowering) and listening to and/or reading Eckhart Tolle’s work. Focusing on fear-based thinking will only continue our powerlessness.

Aspire You are so right. I am working on that And just for the record I have read “a power of now” and “ane” half way thru the second time. I have read Deepak copra’s “Quantum Healing” TWICE and have many many meditative tapes, even done the prologue level of Holosync waiting on saving up for next level. I have read the “Power of intention” twice by dr. Wayne w. dyer read the “Secret”, watched the secret I have the full version of what the bleep do we know and the list goes on and on and on I sit here and try to not think. I have been detoxing for four years now and researching food and listened to so many people way more advanced consciously than I and I am still so pissed off and aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Actually I was so much more at peace three years ago. AND THEN I started waking up to what is going on around me, and well here I am. But i do feel better after talking to all of you. I probably make it uncomfortable on you all by posting. sorry

• Blue Eyes- I really enjoy your posts! PLEASE do not feel like you should not post or are annoying or whatever negative thing like that your pain body is telling your mind. ;) (inside joke for Tolle people) But seriously Blue Eyes, do NOT feel like your posts are not of value; they defintely are!

Your reading is impressive. Don’t judge yoursef for not being able to stop your “Mind,” just notice it is your Mind, without any judgement; just accept it as it is and then try to remember that oyou are actually the watcher of it, not IT. (Maybe you can take a deep breath when once you realize your Ego or Painbody has stepped in and then just think to yourslef, “Ahh… that is my Ego/Painbody.” and just be ok with that knowing. And see what the next moment brings.) That’s all. Don’t beat yourself up, we are all on learning paths and none of us are any better than anyone else here. :)

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Thanks for more information melaverde. Wounder if the restaurants would really know if the food they are serving has been irradiated?

• beany – I doubt that a small restaurant operator would know but I am sure that the big chains know very well what is irradiated and what isn’t! An irradiated ingredient has a longer “shelf life” and therefore it can be a better vehicle to reach corporate goals (profits)

• Sorry, but once again, please everyone do your research from other newspaper articles, and the FDA website before you give into natural news or whoever sends those emails (i get them also).

ITS NOT MANDATORY TO IRRADIATE ANY FOOD! It is mandatory for the people who irradiate to place a sticker on the food stating that.

Most of your organic farmers / organic food producers you buy your food through WILL NOT irradiate, as its OPTIONAL only.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Saw this in the NY times over the weekend or maybe Thu. of last week if you are looking on the site. There is a place to post your comments there. It never hurts to let your voice be heard.

• sorry jkd_soccer801 but I’d rather take a walk in the park than reading the FDA site. FDA is corrupted period! what they say means absolutely nothing to me. Nobody is saying that it is mandatory (today) to irradiate food, what some people are saying is that there is a big pressure by FDA, other authorities and big business to further introduce irradiation. Only the idea that it is optional today to irradiate food is a “crime” in itself. my 2 cents.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Right on melaverde. Get people use to one thing and more will be added.