blood pressure

chicorychicory Raw Newbie

soooooo…..as an adult, my blood pressure always used to be the textbook 120/80. My doc always takes it 3 times, the first time it is soo high from being nervous, and by the middle of the appointment, it is down to normal. I’ve had two appointments this week, and both times my blood pressure has been 108/66, on the first reading! I’m not dehydrated or anything…. is it normal after going raw to have a decrease in blood pressure? Is this a good or bad thing?

Comments

• I think so. Your blood is thinner and less sludgy so your body doesnt have to work so hard to move it through. If i havent eaten somewhere close to the time of having my blood pressure checked it will read as quite low. I make sure i eat 20-30 minutes prior to donating blood that way theres no problems.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I think 108/66 is great as long as you feel well. There was a time, when I was youger, where mine was around 98/67 regularly and I always felt great. Then I changed professions. Now I take BP meds.

• steviostevio Raw Newbie

I am currently on BP meds. I am hoping that my newly embraced raw living will in fact lower my blood pressure and get me off the pills. I would love to see a reading even as good as 120/80 within the next month.

According to wikipedia: For most individuals, a healthy blood pressure ranges from 90/60 mmHg to 120/80 mmHg.

This makes me think that it is probably a good thing if you are feeling well, as Meditating said.

• FeeFee Raw Master

Mine was always around 110/70 when I was vegan, then I went veggie and put on some weight and it went up to 120/80. Last time I had it taken was after I had been folowing a high raw diet and it was 99/65 so I think it does get lower when you are raw. As long as you feel fine don’t worry, but remember that low blood pressure can be as bad as high if it gets too low.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

also take into consideration that “normal” in medical terms is anything but. who are all these thriving people they are surveying to get us the best stats on our highest performance?

the best test is asking yourself how you feel. if you are feeling low on energy then it may be a problem, but if you are just basing your worries on numbers, i wouldn’t worry.